Thursday, August 22, 2013

My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge : Cathryn

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "Designer Challenge" with My Creative Time.  This time our host is the wonderful Miss Cathryn and the guidelines for her challenge:  Make a card or 3D project for Back to School (or if you don't have anyone going back to school - make a little something encouraging to slip into a back pack, lunch bag or briefcase).  


When I was little, I absolutely LOVED "back to school" time.  And my favorite part of school...reading!!!  I think I read every single Nancy Drew book...more than once!!  lol  So based on that, I decided to make some fun little bookmarks.  Both of these are made with the MCT ~ Just Tag Dies.


The solid colors of cardstock are from Paper Trey Ink.  The patterned paper at the bottom is from the Echo Park ~ Paper & Glue stack.  The ric rac is from my stash.  I cut the apple and little bookworm with my Cameo and a file from the Silhouette Online Store.  The face is from the PKS ~ Erkle & Merkle Face Assortment.  The little star burst shape in the center of the apple is cut with a die from the MCT ~ Build A Banner Kit.  And the "A+ Student" is from the MCT ~ My Teacher Rocks.  At the top of the tag is another stamp from the MCT ~ My Teacher Rocks.  There are actually a couple more items to check off on the stamp, but I taped those off to only show the reading one.


I think this one is my favorite, because I just love love love owls!!!  The patterned papers for the tag are from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Edumacation stack.  The paper for the owl is from Paper Trey Ink.  I cut the owl with my Cameo and a file from the Silhouette Online Store.  The cute little face is from the PKS ~ Critter Faces.  The sentiments at the bottom are once again from the MCT ~ My Teacher Rocks.  And the star burst is from the MCT ~ Build A Banner Kit.  The inks are black ~ Ranger Archival Ink and Vermillion ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


Well that's it for me today.  Hope you like my cute little bookmarks.  Sorry my post got all messed up this morning and was so late.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I hope you all have time to enter the challenge!!!  I can't wait to see what you all make!!  Have a great day!  See you again tomorrow.

6 comments :

Cathryn said...

These are adorable Cassandra! I would love to find one of them in my books!!! Sorry you are having trouble with your post :( Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

Beckie said...

These are the cutest!!


Be blessed, Beckie
Just B Creative Crazy Blog
Sparkly Sweet Craft Notions Blog
Sparkly Sweet Craft Notions Store

snappy scrappy said...

These are both so darn cute!!

MaryNSC said...

o I Love it cant wait till U tell How..:O)

quilt4fun2 said...

Your bookmarks are almost too cute to use...or not to use in a good book. They are adorable and I like the ric rac and perfect papers. Super job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Kat's Kreative Corner said...

These are super cute! Thanks for sharing.

Kat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...