Thursday, August 8, 2013

My Creative Time ~ "Designer Challenge" : Host - ME

Hello everyone!  It's my turn to host the "Designer Challenge" with My Creative Time!!  Last time I hosted the challenge, the goal was to use the colors of the rainbow.  So this time I decided to change it up a bit.  Are you ready?


The guidelines for this challenge:  Make a project of your choice using only BLACK & WHITE!  eek!  That's right ~ no color, just black and white cardstock, embellishments, fibers, photos, etc.  


This past weekend, I hosted a Bridal Bunch for my BFF and this was the pretty card I made for her.  This is a 5.5 x 5.5 card.  The solid black and the solid white cardstock are from Paper Trey Ink.  I embossed the card base with the Polka Dot Page ~ Cuttlebug Embossing Folder.  I cut the pretty scalloped square shape using my Cameo and a file from the Silhouette Online Store.  The pretty white patterned paper is from the SEI ~ White Elegance collection.


I cut the pretty hearts using the heart die from the MCT ~ 100% Sweetness.  The "For your Wedding Shower" sentiment is from the MCT ~ More Gift Card Sentiments.  I cut the label with the MCT ~ Vintage Stitched Label Dies.  **Note - the cut label is not really that long.  I used the technique that Emma has showed before where you cut half of it and then pull it out of your Cuttlebug and then extend it down a little and put it back through the Cuttlebug for the second half of the way.  I know that probably totally doesn't make sense...sorry. I can't remember which video she showed it in.  I cut the wedding dress with my Cameo and a file from the Silhouette Online Store.  I embossed the bottom half of the dress with the Swiss Dots ~ Cuttlebug Embossing Folder.  And then I added a little sash with some white ~ tulle.  I put everything on pop dots for some nice dimension.


Well, that's it for me everyone!  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created and to get all the fun details on the challenge.  I can't wait to see what you all make!!!  Have a great day everyone!  And stayed tuned in the next few days when I will show you some of the creations I made for the Bridal Brunch.   :)

14 comments :

Joan Smith said...

Cassandra what an awesome challenge you came up with I do so love the whole black & white theme of things.
Your card is amazing your ideas are awesome. You are most certainly one talented and creative gal and to even come up with this whole concept and then what you created just WOW!!
I've done a black & white mini but the pics were not black & white so this challenge to it to the next level. You sure are starting my Thursday off with a whole lot of fun thanks dear just a big THANKS!

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful design...great texture!!

JaniceA said...

Great card Cassandra, wish I was home to do the challenge, that really isn't correct either, just moved and my craft room will be the last put together, ( if I put it together I will be in there and forget about the rest of the unpacking) hope all is well with you.

Crafting Katie said...

Fun challenge, and your card is absolutely gorgeous, Cassandra! I just love the embossing on the dress, along with the tulle!

Sherrie K. said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! What an elegant dress-love the embossing! The background paper is so pretty and love the sweet hearts! Beautiful card~I am sure she loved it!!
Awesome challenge..hope to be back!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

D- said...

LOVE your card. TFS.
Looking forward to playing along.
Love to play with black and white to create.
D~
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

quilt4fun2 said...

I bet that was one awesome brunch! Your BFF got one sweet card. What a fun challenge. Beautiful job on your card.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

jessica said...

This is so gorgeous Cassandra!! I LOVE the new black and white challenge and OMG your card is just stunning!!!!
Another FAB project!
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Friday!

Cindy said...

GORGEOUS job with your card Cassandra and your challenge is AWESOME,Have a SUPER DUPER weekend my sweet friend!!! :)

Gaylynn said...

What a wonderful b&w design. The dress looks soft and perfect. Elegant project Cassandra. I love these colors together!!! :)

Lisa said...

Great challenge, gorgeous card.

Cathryn said...

Beautiful, beautiful creations Cassandra! I'm positive your friend loved everything! Hugs, Cathryn :)

Teresa Kline said...

luvin the white on white...hope you have a fabby weekend!

enjoy *~*

Kigz said...

Simply stunning in black and white, Cassandra! I am really loving your blog creations! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...