Monday, August 12, 2013

Bridal Shower Gift ~ Money Lei

Hello everyone!  This week, I thought I would show you some of the things I made for my BFF's Bridal Brunch last weekend.  To start, I have a super fun project to share with you today.  They took me forever to make, but I just LOVE them!


My bff and her soon to be husband are going to Maui on their honeymoon.  So I had this cool idea to make them each a lei made out of money.  I started by buying the leis at Party City.  I got a white one for each and then a pink one and a blue one.  For this one, I cut the pink one and then wrapped it around the white one so that together they looked like one lei.


I did the same for the blue one.  And then for both I wrapped the $1 bills around in various places and attached them with little green ties (the kind you get at the grocery store in the produce aisle...not that I'm saying that's where I got them...lol).  Then I crinkled the $1s so they blended in and looked more like flowers/leaves.  And voila!  Aren't they so cool???  Super easy really...just a little time consuming.  They were a big hit too!  

Here are the gift boxes I put them in:


I cut the super cute bride a groom with my Cameo and a file I got from the Silhouette Online Store.  The pretty bows are made with Celebrate It ~ Holiday ribbon.  In the center, I added flowers cut with the MCT ~ Flower Petal Dies.  And in the center of the flowers are some pretty gems from Jolee's Boutique.

Well, that's it for me today.  I will see you all again tomorrow. Have a great day!!

5 comments :

jessica said...

OMG Cassandra!!! What an AWESOME idea!!! How fun and super CLEVER!!!! I know your friend is going to flip!!!
Thanks for sharing..off to pin this one :)

snappy scrappy said...

Fab $$ leis!!

Sherrie K. said...

This is such a FABULOUS idea Cassandra! I have to scrap lift this for a couple upcoming shower gifts! This is so darn clever! Super fun idea!
Sherrie K

quilt4fun2 said...

What fun! I love this idea and the Boxes are adorable. Super job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

Girlfriend, this is Fantabulous! I'm going to need your virtual expertise for some Mommy-to-be gifts/trinkets. (my princess is due in Nov...:-))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...