Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ "Merry Christmas"

Hello everyone!  This is my first of two posts today...wahoo!!!  Today is my day to post over at the Peachy Keen Stamps Blog.  And since the theme all month has been "Christmas In July", I decided to make a super fun Christmas card for you. 


This is my very first side step card.  What do you think?  I cut it with my Cameo and a file from the Silhouette Online Store.  And can I just say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Cameo!!! Cutting this card was a breeze!  No crazy measurements that will make your brain tired.  LOL.  Just cut and fold!!!  Wahoo!!!  Ok, the paper for the card base is from the Recollections ~ Arctic Wishes collections.  All of the other patterned papers are from the Recollections ~ Sugar Plums collection.  And the solid black and solid white cardstock are from Recollections.  


The Christmas Tree is cut with the PKS ~ Cottage Cutz : Santa Tree.   I paper pieced it and then added some Xmas Red ~ Stickles to the tree skirt.  The cute little penguins are cut with the PKS ~ Cottage Cutz : Penguin Dolls.


This cutie patootie Santa is from the PKS ~ Peachy Keen Santa Set.  I colored him in with Copic ~ Sketch Markers and added some Star Dust ~ Stickles to his Santa suit.  For his beard, I used the Marvy Uchida ~ Liquid Applique and heated it up with my heat gun to make it all puffy.  And I added some Glossy Accents to his belt and boots.  In the foreground, the "Merry Christmas" sentiment is from the PKS ~ Winter Peekers & Phrases stamp set.  I stamped it onto the label that is cut with the MCT ~ Curly Label Die and I colored it in with Copic ~ Sketch Markers.  Also, you can see throughout the card, that for the snow I used the MCT ~ Stitched Cartoon Cloud Dies (just turned upside down).


The snowman is from the PKS ~ Cottage Cutz : Snowman Doll and his hat is from the PKS ~ Cottage Cutz : Doll Accessories 3.  I paper pieced him and also added some Star Dust ~ Stickles and Green ~ Stickles for some sparkle.


Last, but not least, is good old Rudolph.  He is from the PKS ~ November 2012 : Kit of the Month.  I colored him in with Copic ~ Sketch Markers and added both Star Dust and Xmas Red ~ Stickles.


So what do you think of my little scene?  I love it so much that I may just keep it in my craft room until December...LOL! Well that's it for me today.  Thanks for stopping by.  And make sure you come back in just a little while for the super fun My Creative Time ~ Blog Hop!!!

7 comments :

Cindy said...

OMG Cassandra, your step card is just AMAZING my friend!!! GORGEOUS with all the great details!!!:)

snappy scrappy said...

Just gorgeous...love the scene you've created!!

LuvScrappingTogether said...

This is wonderful, Cassandra!! I love how you combined so many different stamps. Awesome! ~hugs, Saundra

Debby said...

I love this so much,I would be happy to have this as my Christmas card this year. What an amazing card.
angel hugs
Debby

nanapuddin said...

That is absolutely jaw dropping!!!

Scrappin with the bug said...

OH My goodnes.. This is one of the cutest little cards EVER.. Great job on your 1st step card. I'm sure we will be seeing many many more from you.!!!

Kathy Salido said...

OMG, Cassandra, your card is filled with just so much cuteness!!! I just love all the deatils you added to santa and love the you used the cloud die for the snow. Great Job!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...