Friday, July 5, 2013

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ July Release Party Challenge

Hello everyone!  In case you haven't heard, Peachy Keen Stamps just revealed their July Stamp Release. And let me tell you . . . it's full of Christmas fun right smack dab in the middle of July!!!  And to celebrate, they are having a couple of Challenges over at the Peachy Keen Connection.

Challenge #1 is hosted by our wonderful Miss Lorie.  The guidelines for this challenge: Make the Christmas creation of your choice, but DON'T use red or green.  Think outside the box and use non-traditional colors for this challenge.  Also, don't forget to use your Peachy Keen Stamps.

Here is my wintery Christmas card:


Aren't they adorable?!?  I decided to go with fun wintery colors . . . especially since we hit 119 degrees here in Phoenix this week!!!  ;)  The black card base is from Recollections.  The pretty background paper is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Artic Wishes collection.  The scalloped square shape is cut with a Spellbinders ~ Nestabilities Die.


These little cuties and the sentiment are from the brand new PKS ~ July 2013 : Kit of the Month.  I stamped them with black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  And I paper pieced their accessories.  The purple patterned paper is from the We R Memory Keepers ~ Spookyville collection.  And the blue polka dot paper is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Artic Wishes collection.  I used the Marvy Uchida ~ Liquid Applique to make the puffy texture...so much fun!!!  And I put both penquins on pop dots for dimension, as well as the whole scalloped square too.


Well that's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to the Peachy Keen Connection to check out both Challenges.  I hope you have time to enter . . . there are always some fun prizes!!!  Have a great day everyone. I will see you all again soon.

5 comments :

Shelly said...

Adorable Cassandra!!! Lovin these little penguins!!

Sounds like a hot weekend!!! Hope it was fun!
Shelly

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute!!

Tanya/Nonna said...

I just love this sweet card Cassandra! Your little penguins make the cutest couple! The snow is awesome and I love the pretty papers you used.

Creative M said...

Totally Cute!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M (my blog) ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Christine Owens said...

Super cute. I want to start my xmas cards now. If I do a few each week I should have enough by Dec 1 LOL Great job on the paper piecing. --C

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...