Thursday, July 25, 2013

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge #13-30 : Photo Inspiration

Hello everyone!  It's time for the Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge #13-30 : Photo Inspiration!  The guidelines for this challenge:  Create a project using the photo as inspiration.  Interpret the photo ANY way you'd like, just be sure to let us in on your creative process.  The colors next to the photo are only suggested.

Here is the photo:


For my project, I used the colors as my inspiration:


Don't you love it when you make something and think "this might just be one of my favorites ever"?  Hee Hee!  I love it how it turned out.  The card base is made with kraft cardstock from Paper Trey Ink.  And all of the patterned cardstock is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Baby Boy Stack, except for the blue polka dot paper which is from Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints.  I cut the scallop shape out of the middle of the front of the card to make a little window with a Spellbinders ~ Nestabilities Die.  


I cut the pretty trees with my Cameo and a file from the Silhouette Online Store.  I paper pieced them to give them a little dimension and adhered them with pop dots for even more dimension.


The really pretty snowflakes are the punched out parts from using a Martha Stewart ~ Border Punch.  At the bottom of the card, I made the snow using the MCT ~ Stitched Cartoon Cloud Dies.


This first little cutie is from the PKS ~ Skatin' By stamp set.  I paper pieced him and used Copic ~ Sketch Markers as well.  I used Marvy Uchida ~ Liquid Applique for the puffy cotton parts.  And I used a Clear Star ~ Gelly Roll Pen to make the blades on the skates a little sparkly.


This other little cutie is also from the PKS ~ Skatin' By stamp set.  I paper pieced him and used Copic ~ Sketch Markers and the Clear Star ~ Gelly Rolly Pen as well.


The "Tis the Season..." sentiment is from the PKS ~ Christmas Greeting Words stamp set.


Here is the inside of the card.  I added another tree and also used Waterfall ~ Stickles to make the ice.


Definitely one of my favorites!!!  :)  Make sure you head on over to the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge Blog to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  And I hope you have time to enter the challenge...I can't wait to see what you all make!!!  Have a great day everyone!  See you all again soon!

12 comments :

jessica said...

This is awesome Cassandra!! Love that adorable scene you created and the GREAT take on the color challenge!!
Love how you used the clouds as snow...clever!!! ~confession~ I have a card for The Kraft Journal on Monday that I used those clouds as a border ...just LOVE these dies and finding different ways to use them... I will have to remember your idea :)~
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Friday and weekend!!!!

Cindy said...

THis is soooo ADORABLE Cassandra, I LOVE how you used the clouds dies as snow!!!AWESOME job as always my sweet friend!!!:)

Diana said...

Oh My goodness...this is sooo adorable!! You did such an awesome job! TFS!

~ Jo ~ said...

Holy Cow this has got to be the cutest card I have ever seen!!! I LOVE IT! Too cute!!

Hugs,
Jo
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

Crafting Katie said...

This is just too sweet, Cassandra! What a gorgeous color combination, and you used it so well! Absolutely adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Love this card! So cozy & fun! Fantastic! -cc

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful...I love everything you create!!!

Tanya/Nonna said...

Oh my cuteness! What an adorable little winter scene you created. I absolutely love this Cassandra!

Kim H said...

Cassandra ` OMG ~ totally CUUUTE! Love the little scene and how you made it a frame card! LOVE of course snowmen and these are my favorites! BEAUTIFULLY done as always! Have a great weekend!

quilt4fun2 said...

I think you had fun putting this cute card together. It is so sweet and I like the clouds used for the snowy area in front :D
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Crafty Moni said...

Your card is so pretty! I love all the detail:) Thanks for the inspiration!

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

Janice W. said...

This is one of my favorites too! Absolutely adorable!! I had to come and tell you so and saw a lot of fun cards along the way! Wonderful work as always!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...