Thursday, July 11, 2013

My Creative Time ~ Sneak Peeks Day 2 - July Release

Hello everyone!  This is my first of two posts today. Are you ready for Day 2 of Sneak Peeks for the My Creative Time ~ July Release?  How did you do on guessing the products we used yesterday???  Well, today you get another chance...good luck!   ;)

I have 2 cards for you again today:


This is a 5x5 card.  The kraft cardstock is from Paper Trey Ink.  For those of you, like me, that may be fairly new to using background stamps . . . I have a couple of tips.  First, ignore your OCD tendencies!!  LOL  


If that doesn't work and the OCD wins, then make sure you have a juicy ink pad.  That will give you the best coverage for a smooth stamp.  My ink pad was almost a goner.  So I decided to make it a splotchy background 'on purpose'.  LOL  Basically, what I mean is that when I stamped it down, I didn't press very hard.  That way it looks splotchy all over the card.  I'm trying to look at it like a wispy, windy sky.  But because I'm totally OCD, I'm not really sure I like it. :(  The ink for the sky is Summer Sky ~ Memento Ink.  And the ink for the sentiment is Coffee ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  


All of the papers for the flowers are from my scraps.  And the pretty ribbon is from my stash.

Now for card #2 . . . get ready to smile:


This is another 5x5 card and it's super simple, but so much fun I think.  The cardstock for the card base is from Bazzill.  All I did for this card is stamp the background stamp and add a bunch of fun Smiley Face stickers.   :)


The ink for stamping the background is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  And the ink for stamping "SMILE" is vermillion ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  I pop dotted the one hexagon with SMILE in it.


These super cute Smiley Face stickers are from EK Success ~ Sticko.  They are shiny and sparkly and were super hard to get a good picture of, so I hope you can see how cute they are.



If you are new to background stamps like me, just keep practicing and use a new and super juicy ink pad and you will get the hang of it in no time.   :)

***** SNEAK PEEK GIVEAWAY TIME*****
Okay, this time around we are doing something DIFFERENT!  Since you ALL have seen this release in it's entirety, we decided to play a FUN game!  First of all, let us tell you what you will win.  ONE LUCKY person will win ALL of this:




This is what the prize package includes:

- D-Ring 12" x 12" album - Black

Core Kit
- (500) 3" x 4" Journaling Cards
- (40) Bi-fold Journaling Cards
- (4) 4" x 6" First Page Cards
- (4) 3" x 4" First Page Cards
- (4) 4" x 6" Last Page Cards
- (4) 3" x 4" Last Page Cards
- (60) 4" x 6" Title Cards
- (60) 12" x 12" Photo Pocket Pages
- (12) 13" x 13" Project Life Dividers
- (14) White Divider Labels

We will ALSO have a 2nd prize winner who will win a $50 gift certificate to Emma's store!

We decided to make our giveaway a little easier for you.  Instead of listing all of the MCT products that each designer used on their projects, try to find just one.  If you can "spy" one old or new MCT product and tell us about it in the comments, you will be eligible to win one of these great prizes!

Emma will announce the winner during the Blog Hop on Wednesday, July 17th!

***SPREAD THE WORD TO THE WORLD ON Facebook, Instagram it #mycreativetime or even tweet about this release and let us know on "My Creative Time's" FB page here that you did so.  OR just tag Emma in your post. GOOD LUCK!  Let's start spreading the word my friends!   ;)
******************************


Well my creative friends, that's it for me for Day 2 of Sneak Peeks.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  And come back a little later today for my 2nd post of the day.

33 comments :

VICTORIA said...

Awesome cards Cassandra :)
I spy the cartoon cloud background stamp
Vicky
win_or_lose52@hotmail.com

jessica said...

These are both awesome!! Love the background stamps and those gorgeous flower dies!!
Your second card for sure made me smile! How fun are all those adorable faces.....Another AWESOME day of projects!!!

Karon said...

WOW - two fabulous cards! Love how you used the new "Hexy Background" adding those little smiley faces - awesome! TFS

Diana said...

2 Great cards! They both are cheery and happy! TFS!

bdcampers@msn.com

Joan Smith said...

Ooooh Aaaaah what a pretty cards.
I spy with my little eye the cartoon cloud background stamp and the daisy die. You did an awesome job!!!

LuvScrappingTogether said...

Love these cards, Cassandra! Let's see if I can get the products right!

Card 1: Cloud Cartoon Background Stamp, Stitched Daisy Die, and Floral Sentiments

Card 2: Hexy Backgound Stamp Set and Things I Love Stamp Set

Great job! I love seeing how you use the products!!

~Hugs, Saundra
LuvScrappingtogether at gmail dot com

snappy scrappy said...

Both are gorgeous...love the hexagon one!! I spy the hexagon background stamp, stitched daisy and leave dies.
Lee-Ann :)

Crafting Katie said...

Awesome cards, Cassandra! The daisy one is so pretty - I think they way you did the background lighter looks really cool! And the hexagons with stickers and that sentiment is perfect!

Melissa said...

Beautifully done!

Tosha said...

Cassandra, great job using the Hexy Background stamp for a simple yet fun card, really nice.

CherylB said...

OMGosh!!! How cute are these!!! And...I am totally loving that background. I am so OCD when it doesn't stamp right. I might just do this on purpose then if there are light areas, it won't look bad. I love it! And those smiley faces?! Holy cow...so cute! Awesome job, girl!

Scrappin with the bug said...

LOVE your cards and treat holders oh my goodness talk about adorable. Love them. Great job.

Sherrie K. said...

Gorgeous cards! The background stamps are so fun!Oooh boy, this release is amazing! LOVE!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

creativebee65 said...

I spy cartoon cloud background & hexagon background stamp sets! Awesome cards!

Mindy said...

You use the coolest colors and make such fun projects, The cartoon cloud background stamp looks great it almost reminds me of crayons on a rough surface. thanks for the quick tip on the use of background stamps. I cant wait for them to arrive. Mindy1qc@msn.com

Crafty Moni said...

I love both of your cards! Loved how the cartoon cloud background stamp looks on your 1st card. I can totally see how its a windy and wispy day:)lol. Your cards are great, thanks for sharing!

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

moni023 at yahoo dot com

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

Lovely Cards as Always...
Eye Spy on Card1 - Stitched Daisy Die and Cartoon Cloud Background Stamp Set
Eye Spy on Card2 - Hexy Background Stamp Set and Things I Love... Stamp Set

D- said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
D- said...

Love your cards. What fun card ideas. TFS.
You used the Hexy Background Stamp Set as one of your supplies.
D~
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

Jeri said...

What adorable projects, Miss Cassandra. Loving how you used the new products with the old-the cloud background with the flower die. I couldn't help but smile with your Hex background card. Totally love the CAS and that's a great idea to put all those smiley face stickers in the hexagons. Thanks for more wonderful inspiration.

UnikByYes said...

Fabulous cards as always Cassandra! You always manage to create a colorful work of art :) ...I spy Hexy bckrgnd stamp and Cartoon cloud Background stamp.
Have a wonderful day!
Liz O.

Cathryn said...

Hehehe those stickers were the perfect touch!!! Certainly made me smile! Love the daisy card to, great work! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

tere said...

LI spy the cartoon cloud background stamp ove your cards!

Sue D said...

I spy to hexy Background stamp set. Great cards!
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Nina said...

Love the use of the stitched daisy die- so pretty.

quilt4fun2 said...

I spy the Cartoon Cloud Background Stamp Set on card #1 I spy the Hexy Background Stamp Set for card #2 I like the splotchy cloud background. Your daisies look beautiful also. Supr job
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Angela Crafty Spot said...

Great cards!! Love the use of the new background cartoon cloud stamp and the hexagon stamp!
Angela
http://angelascraftyspot.blogspot.com
chewiescrappin@hotmail.com

Kigz said...

Had to come get a closer look at these cards! LOVE the rainbow effect with the smilies in those hexagons...brilliant! I spy a hexagon background from MCT! I can't decide which background to order though!

Cindy said...

These are both FANTASTIC Cassandra!!!GORGEOUS job, I love LOVE LOVE your pretty flower one just BEAUTIFUL!!!!:)

Christine Owens said...

Both of these cards are great. I just might have to have the cloud background stamp...oh and the hexi background too. LOL and who'd of thought adding stickers would give the card SO MUCH I love that! TFS --C

Kristi said...

Love all the colorful smiles.
I love the Stitched Daisy die. It is my favorite, it looks so nice no matter what way you use it.
kidshomelove at yahoo dot com

Helen said...

Beautiful! Love the Cloud Background and Hexy Background stamps on both projects!!

Cheryl Sitko said...

Beautiful! I love the use of the Hexy Background Stamp Set and the Cartoon Cloud Background Stamp Set.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...