Tuesday, July 30, 2013

My Creative Time ~ "Inspire Me Tuesday"

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "Inspire Me Tuesday" with My Creative Time.  For those of you who may be new to this feature - it's when we make a project from some kind of inspiration.  It could be a color combo, a tv show, a view from your window, something in a magazine, anything at all.

Here is my card:


The black card base is made from Bazzill cardstock.  The kraft cardstock is from Paper Trey Ink.  The polka dot patterned paper is from the Echo Park ~ Bundle of Joy collection.  I cut the scallop square with a Sizzix ~ Framelit.


The "Get Well Soon" sentiment is from the MCT ~ Vintage Sentiments.  The cute little cup is cut with a die in the MCT ~ Coffee Break stamp/die set.  The silly little face is from the PKS ~ Retro Paper Doll Face Assortment.  I colored in the eyes with a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll Pen and added some chalk for cheeks.  I put the cup on pop dots for dimension.  The pretty bow is made with May Arts ~ Chevron Ribbon.  And the little gem at the top is from my stash.

Ok . . . can you guess what my inspiration was???


It's "bendy straws"!!!!  Ok, so here's the story.  You know how when you get sick when you're little?  And your mom or dad makes you toast or chicken noodle soup and gives you some 7-UP to go with it?  Well, in my family, my mom always added a "bendy straw".  And my sister and I always thought that was the magic ingredient that made you all better.  Hee Hee!  Silly, I know.  But to this day, my mom still sends me bendy straws in the mail to have on hand in case I get sick.  This last little box I got just a couple of weeks ago.    ;)  


Well, that's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  Have a great day everyone!  I will see you all again soon.

16 comments :

Joan Smith said...

AWWWW your card is so stinkin' cute!
You did an amazing job and I love your "sippy" cup! So love your little story and yep exactly how it was done back in the day for schizzle. You are so talented girl I always love what you do and share!

L.B. said...

Wait are you saying the bendy straw isn't the magic?? I always thought it was as well.

Love your fun card. The ribbon is so fun.

Christine Owens said...

Awe that is a special story. Love your card. --C

Pamela said...

Cassandra all ur projects are soooo stinking cute.....this is absolutely adorable!!!

Crafting Katie said...

Okay, that is just the sweetest story every! Your card is just too cute as well! Love the bendy straw - such a fun touch!

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Oh this is so ADORABLE! I LOVE that coffee cup die and of course the PKS face! That ribbon has to be my FAVORTIE ribbon EVER! What a SWEET story and so true too! Straws always made us feel better and special too! LOVE it and this will totally make anyone feel better! AWESOME job ~ have a great day!

snappy scrappy said...

Just so darn cute!!!

Amy C said...

Love it and love how you got your inspiration, too. The green on neutral is really eye catching. Awesome project!!

quilt4fun2 said...

Great bendy straw story :D How sweet Mom still sends straws...what a sweet Mom! We had similar get well foods and 7UP with bendy straws too. How very cute your cup is with the straw of course and the cute Peachy face. I like how that beautiful ribbon ties everything together. Wonderful job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Sherrie K. said...

Oh my gosh, what a sweet story:) I love your design and this card would make anyone feel better:) Beautiful ribbon to and love, love the bent straw!
Have a great day my friend!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

CherylB said...

This is adorable! I love the little straw and how you bent it. So super cute!

janner said...

Super sweet story and love your card.

jessica said...

Your card is the cutest card EVER!!! LOVE that adorable bendy straw with that cute PK faced coffee cup!! And Cassandra your inspiration story is awesome, and so true!! LOVE those bendy straws :)

Crafty Moni said...

Adorable! What a sweet tradition:) I will keep the bending straw in mind for next time I or someone I know gets sick:)


Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

Cindy said...

Your card is soooo ADORABLE, SUPER DUPER job with it!!!! LOVE IT:)

Janice W. said...

Love this card and your bendy straw story!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...