Thursday, July 25, 2013

My Creative Time ~ "Designer Challenge" : Amy

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "Designer Challenge" with My Creative Time.  And this time the host is the super talented Miss Amy.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Make a project of your choice with a SUMMER THEME.  This can be anything you associate with summer: bbq, beach, vacation, a color palette, picnic, anything summery.

Living in Phoenix, Arizona - most of us live in our flips flops, especially during the summer.  So here is my fun summer card:


This is a 5.5 x 5.5 card.  The kraft cardstock is from Paper Trey Ink.  All of the other fun colorful papers are from the Authentique ~ Summer collection except for the flowers - that paper was from my scraps.


These fun flip flops are cut with my Cameo and a file from the Silhouette Store.  For a pretty little accessory, I added a little flower cut with the MCT ~ Flower Petal Dies.  In the center, I added a little Recollections ~ Pearl.  The super cool little sun is from the MCT ~ All Around Everything Accessories.  I colored them in with Copic ~ Sketch Markers and added some Yellow & Orange ~ Stickles.


The perfect sentiment is from the MCT ~ Have Fun In The Sun.  I cut the label with the MCT ~ Curly Label Die and the MCT ~ Stitched Curly Label Die.  I put everything on pop dots for dimension.


Well that's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  And I hope you have time to enter the challenge!  You will have 2 weeks to link up your entries over there for a chance to win a fun prize.  I can't wait to see what you all make!!!  Have a great day everyone.  I will see you all again tomorrow.





10 comments :

Joan Smith said...

Cassandra your card is awesome love the flip flops and all of Emma's goodies you used and to me the great part too is that I have flip flop cuts on my Cricut so YEA!! Thanks for sharing your awesome ideas love this challenge because it's bright and cheery and guaranteed to make everyone happy!!

jessica said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this adorable card Cassandra! This is screaming Summer Time!!
Thanks for sharing another AWESOME project and have a GREAT day!

Christine Owens said...

Love these flip flops. Too bad I can't wear them to work, that would be the ultimate. LOL This is a great designer challenge. Great job on all your posts...sorry I don't have time to write on each of them. :-) --C

D- said...

I LOVE your wonderfully happy card. It put a smile on my face. TFS.
D~
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Okay what size are these?? I need a pair and these would be PERFECT!!! I just LOVE the little suns in the background and of course the flowers! Just a AWESOME card!!!

Cindy said...

Gorgeous card,Cassandra!! Love the colors and the stamped background!! :)
Hugs,
Cindy

Cindy said...

Your card is sooo SUPER DUPER FUN Cassandra,AWESOME job my sweet friend!!:)

Jeri said...

Absolutely adorable, Cassandra. I love the darling background paper you stamped with the little sun. Great embellishment to the flip flops adding those flowers. I'd love a pair of flip flops that look just like these.

Sherrie K. said...

Oh my gosh, this is AWESOME! I love the stylin flip flops:) The papers are so fun and the flowers are adorable!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

quilt4fun2 said...

Great job. I would love to have a pair that look this cute. I like the background you made too.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...