Thursday, June 20, 2013

My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge : Emma

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "Designer Challenge" with My Creative Time.  And this time the host is our wonderful Miss Emma.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Make a project of your choice using BLING. The bling could be rhinestones, sequins, gems, glitter or anything else that sparkles or shines.

For those of you who follow Nikki ~ Scrappin'NavyWife, you know that she has had a bit of an obsession with sequins lately.  ;)  So, I thought I would take the plunge too.  Warning...this could be dangerous...LOL.


The answer to your first question...Yes, it took me forever!!!  LOL  ;)  All of those pretty sequins are from Neat & Tangled.  I adhered them one by one with tweezers and Glossy Accents.  Aren't they pretty???


The black card base is from Recollections.  The patterned paper behind the rainbow is from the My Mind's Eye ~ Cool Spectrums collection.  I cut the clouds with the clouds dies in the My Creative Time ~ Fly Away With Me Dies.  Both papers for the clouds are from my scraps.  If you look closely, you can see that the larger cloud is sparkly. I adhered both with pop dots for dimension.  The fun sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Happy Hunting stamp set.


I cut the sun with the beautiful My Creative Time ~ Stitched Doily Die.  The paper for the outer part of the sun is from the Creative Imaginations ~ Boho collection and the paper for the inner part of the sun is from the Creative Imaginations ~ Orchard Harvest collection.  The cute little face is from the PKS ~ Basic Paper Doll Face Assortment.  I used a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen for accents, chalk for cheeks and a red ~ Zig Writer Pen for the tongue.


Well that's it for me today.  I hope it made you smile or brightened your day.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  And don't forget to participate in the Challenge.  You have 2 weeks to enter and Emma always has a fun giveaway for the winner!  I can't wait to see what you all make!!!  Have a great day everyone!  I will see you all again soon.

19 comments :

Joan Smith said...

oh Cassandra what a beautiful and cute card gosh Love your bling and so love how you used the doily die wow you really outdid yourself so ca-ute!
Your sun sure did make me S-M-I-L-E!

jessica said...

This is bling-tastic Cassandra!!! LOL!!
I LOVE the beautiful rainbow color sequins and the adorable use of the doily die!!!
Another inspirational project!
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT day :)

Christine Owens said...

Lovin', Lovin', Lovin' it!!!! Looks like Nikki's sequin bug caught you too! Great job, thanks for the inspiration! --C

~ Jo ~ said...

WOW Cassandra this card is beautiful!!! I know that I had to take awhile... but wow its gorgeous!

Hugs,
Jo

Cindy said...

OMG Cassandra, your card is FANTASTIC, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your rainbow made with sequins, looks AWESOME!!!!Have a SUPER day my friend!!!:)

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful...love your sequins rainbow!!

Lisa said...

WOW WOW WOW Cassandra, love your card. That rainbow is spectacular, love the blingy clouds and I love how you used the doily for the sun. Awesome card.

Lisa said...

Oh and of course that cute peachy face :)

Wanda M. said...

What a bright and cheerful card. The rainbow is awesome! You always make great cards and projects.

Craft Me This said...

Meditation for the day. Lots of patience. Awesome.

Carrie K said...

This is gorgeous! I LOVE rainbows but I know I don't have the patience to do this!!

Creative M said...

Very CUTE!! Made me Smile!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Cath said...

What a fun and happy card, Cassandra! I'm so glad you linked your blog up to the Moxie Fab World Blogroll. It will be great to stop by and say "hello" from time to time! :)

Jeri said...

Oh my word, the patience this card took is way beyond me, but I know after seeing Miss Nikki's recent creations, as well as Miss Emma's this week...I'm going to have to try it. Beautiful blingy card!

quilt4fun2 said...

This card is sure to make someone's day! I bet it took a while to put the sequins on but so worth it...they are so pretty. The sparkle clouds and sweet Peachy sun are beautiful!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Sherrie K. said...

Oh my Cassandra..this is AWESOME!! I love the sequin rainbow and the adorable PK face! Great design! May have to go on a hunt for sequins:)
Have a great day~
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Maureen Reiss said...

This card is soooo beautiful!! Love anything rainbows!!

D- said...

How beautiful! Great card. TFS.
D~
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

Gaylynn said...

This is so bright and cheerful. I like how you used the doily for the sun. So creative!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...