Monday, May 6, 2013

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ May Stamp Release Party : Challenges

Hello everyone!  Last night was the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ May Stamp Release Party over at the Peachy Keen Connection.  And as always, they had a couple of fun challenges.  Challenge #1 was to make a project of your choice and include flowers.  And Challenge #2 was to make a shaped card.  Here is my card for Challenge #1:


The kraft card base is from Recollections.  The pretty flowers are from the PKS ~ April 2013 : Kit of the Month. I cut each flower out by hand and then colored them in with Copic ~ Sketch Markers.  My neighborhood has lots of African Daisies this time of year, so I used them for my color inspiration.   :)


I used some green ric rac from my stash for the flower stems and some orange ric rac for the border at the bottom of the card.  The "It's Mother's Day!" sentiment is from the brand new PKS ~ Female Floatin' Frog stamp set.  It's actually a combination of two different sentiments "It's your day" and "Hoppy Mother's Day!".  I just taped off the words I didn't want to use in order to create the sentiment that I wanted.  Next to the sentiment, I also added some Queen & Co. ~ Twinkle Goosebumps for a little sparkle.  In this picture, you can also see that I used pop dots underneath the flowers for dimension.


The "Relax and Enjoy!" sentiment is also from the brand new PKS ~ Female Floatin' Frog stamp set.  All of the ink is Tuxedo Black ~ Memento Ink.


Well my creative friends, that's it for me today.  I hope you can join us for one or both of these super fun Challenges.  Head on over to the Peachy Keen Connection to find out more information and to check out all the entries.  Have a great day!

8 comments :

Diana said...

Your card is adorable!! Love those flowers : ) TFS!

snappy scrappy said...

So cute, love the flowers and rick rack!!

Christine Owens said...

Great job on the flowers!!! I like the use of the ric rac for the stem. I'm gonna have to pick some of that up :-) --C

Maureen Reiss said...

Really sweet card!! Love the ric rac

jessica said...

What a gorgeous card Cassandra! Love those flowers and the colors are awesome!!!
Another FAB card!!!
I am working on my entries today :)
Have a GREAT day!!!

Anonymous said...

I love what you guys are up too. Such clever work and exposure!
Keep up the very good works guys I've added you guys to blogroll.

my web site :: how to get gems for free in dragonvale

JennyKozar said...

Love the idea of using the ric rac for the stems! The colors are just perfect.

quilt4fun2 said...

I like your colorful daisies. So fun to add the ric rac and bling. I like to change stamps too...If it doesn't say it the way you want change it if you can :D Great card.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...