Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Cheer Up

Hello everyone!  It's my turn to post over on the Peachy Keen Stamps Blog.  You may remember a couple of weeks ago, when Peachy Keen Stamps teamed up with SVG Cutting Files for a super fun Blog Hop.  Well, Jaime - one of the DT Members for SVG Cutting Files had a super cute Tissue Holder cut file as a freebie on her blog, so I thought I would give it a try.


Isn't it cute?  I'm so proud of myself!!  I'm telling ya . . . I just LOVE using my Cameo to cut SVG files!!  So much fun!!!  Ok, all of the stamped images (including the skunk and both sentiments) are from the PKS ~ Skunk Cheer Up Set.  The patterned papers are from The Best of My Mind's Eye ~ Volume I collection.  The solid black, white and light green cardstock are from Recollections.  


Hee Hee!  She is so cute!!  I colored her with Copic ~ Sketch Markers.  How am I doing???  I think she looks pretty furry . . . what do you think?  I added a little bow with The Twinery ~ Blossom Twine.


Here is a side view so you can see the little tissue pack.  The little fence is cut with a Martha Stewart ~ Border Punch.  All of the little flowers are from my stash.

***Technique Time ~ I thought I would show you a little something different today.  For those of you who may be new to stamping . . . you might need to sit down for this one . . . it can be a little shocking.


You can see in this stamp set, that the two sentiments I used for my project are in a horizontal, rectangular shape.  For the bottom sentiment, that worked just perfectly.  But for the one above that, it just wasn't going to work for where I wanted to put it.  So what did I do . . . wait for it . . . wait for it . . . I CUT MY STAMPS!!!!  Eeeek!!!  I know - I know!  Totally freaked me out the first time I heard about it.  But Miss Emma & Miss Nikki do it all the time, so I thought I would give it a try.


Now, I wouldn't do it on just any stamp.  It needs to have good lines/space - so that you can get a good, clean cut.  All you have to do is use a good pair of scissors and BE CAREFUL!!  Before you know it, voila . . . a custom look for any project!


See!  Just the way I wanted it!  For those of you who are looking closely, you might notice that it still looks a little different.  Here is what I did:  First, I stamped the "CHEER UP ... Some things that" (the first half of the cut stamp).  Second, I took the other half of the cut stamp and taped off "...JUST STINK!".  Then I inked up "happen in life" and stamped that.  Finally, I taped off "happen in life" and inked up "...JUST STINK!" and stamped that.  Now it looks exactly the way I wanted it too and it fits my project perfectly.  Now, don't worry. If you ever want to use your stamp in the original shape, you can just fit them back together like puzzles pieces on your stamping block and stamp it just like normal. Imagine the possibilities!!!  Don't be afraid...YOU CAN DO IT!!!


Well my creative friends, that's it for me today.  I hope you liked my cute little project.  Thanks for stopping by. I will see you all again soon.

10 comments :

Tara Bruening said...

This is so cute!! Hope you will stop by and link up at Craftin Desert Divas “Ribbon or Twine” Linky Party.
Tara
Craftin Desert Diva's

snappy scrappy said...

So darn cute...I think the colouring is great...he does look furry!

Crafting Katie said...

OMG, this is so adorable!!! What a fun little gift to somebody!

jessica said...

I LOVE this!!!! And I think you nearly gave me a heart attack...cutting those PKS :) But You proved doing that just resulted in this super ADORABLE project!!! I LOVE the tissue box and that great sentiment BUT that skunk....OMG I LOVE him!!! How adorable is he and you colored him awesome!!!
Thanks for sharing another GREAT PK project and for the GREAT tip!!!!
Have an awesome hump day!

Christine Owens said...

Oh he IS super furry! good job. Love this tissue box. Yes, I've cut one stamp thus far. Hey, a crafters got to do, what a crafters got to do, right?! LOL --C

Creative M said...

This is just ADORABLE!!!
I want to squeeze that little critter! LOL. I think I feel a sneeze coming on, can I have a tissue..LOL.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Maureen Reiss said...

Love it!! Too stinkin' CUTE!!!
I cut my stamps all the time too.

quilt4fun2 said...

Your project turned out just awesome and Thank You for encouraging us to cut our stamps! I will give it a try. Your little skunk looks so cute and furry :D
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Jamie said...

This turned out so awesome!!!!

Kristi said...

These sentiments just always get to me. LOL Very brave to cut your stamp. I worry about breaking apart the dies even when they are hanging by a thread.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...