Thursday, May 9, 2013

My Creative Time ~ "Thrifty Thursday"

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "Thrifty Thursday" with My Creative Time.  For those of you who may be new to this, it's when we create a project using our scraps.


The white card base and the kraft frame are made with Recollections cardstock.  All of the other patterned papers are from the Simple Stories ~ Summer Fresh collection.  The pretty little bow is made with Liz's Paper Loft Boutique ~ Seam Binding Ribbon.


The frame and the arrow are cut with dies in the MCT ~ Stitched Capture Frame with Arrow Dies.  The pretty little flower is cut with the MCT ~ Stitched Daisy Die.  The leaves are cut with the MCT ~ Stitched Leaves Dies.  And the label is cut with one of the label dies in the MCT ~ Chunky Jar Accessories stamp/die set.  The "Happy Mother's day" sentiment is from the MCT ~ Mom You Rock stamp set.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  I put the whole thing on pop dots for dimension.


Ok, since this is a post about using our scraps, I thought I would share with you how I store my scraps.  For patterned papers from the 6x6 paper pads, I use an 8x8 zip bag that I get from ClearBags.com.  I keep the full pad in there, as well as all the left over scraps.  That way I can easily find the same kind of paper when I need it.  Right now I hang them all on a Clip It Up, but I think I may change that soon as they are getting pretty heavy and full.


Well my creative friends, that's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I will see you all again tomorrow for a super fun surprise!!!

12 comments :

Joan Smith said...

Your card is really sweet and pretty love your flower and the combo of colors and papers are unique I truly love it. Great job as always!!!

jessica said...

Gorgeous card Cassandra! Love the use of those scraps!!!!
As always another awesome project!
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Thursday!!

Cathryn said...

Beautiful and fresh looking card Cassandra. Have a great day! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

Maureen Reiss said...

Really pretty card!! Just got this paper cant wait to use it.

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful...great paper combo!!

Christine Owens said...

Great MD 'scrappy' card. Thanks for the idea about storing your scraps. I have drawers, one for patterned, one for solids, and one for white/ivory. They're pretty much all full and I really try to use them as much as possible. I like the baggie idea. --C

Creative M said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

JennyKozar said...

So pretty and thanks for the tip on the storage bags - I have scraps all over the place!

~ Jo ~ said...

Hi Cassandra!
This card is gorgeous! I love the colors so much! Thanks for the email you sent me, I did subscribe via email now so i won't miss another post of yours ever! =)
Would really love it if you could also stop by my blog and become a follower too.. =)

Hugs,
Jo
http://www.jwscrapshack.blogspot.com

quilt4fun2 said...

I like the paper storage idea! Your card is so cute...I like those dies so much. Great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

tina said...

So pretty, Cassandra! Love the country-looking paper. Could you please tell me who the paper is by?



Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

Kristi said...

I love this die, but I love the crispness of the white daisy.
Kristi
kidshomelove at yahoo dot com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...