Thursday, May 30, 2013

My Creative Time ~ "Thoughtful Thursday"

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "Thoughtful Thursday" with My Creative Time.  For those of you who may be new to this, it's when we make something for someone else.  It could be Get Well, Congratulations, Cheer Up, Thinking of You, etc.  Isn't that such a great idea?!  I just love it!

Well, today I have two little projects for you:


This first project is a Wedding Congratulations card for an online friend of mine.  I've never actually met her in person as she lives in another country ~ but I think that's the amazing thing about this hobby and having a blog ~ you meet the neatest people from all over the world!!  

These might not be the most traditional wedding card colors, but if I remember right, I'm thinking she  mentioned that her wedding colors were yellow & green...I'm sooooo hoping I remembered right...lol.  The black cardstock is from Recollections.  And all of the other pretty patterned papers are from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Lemon Flower collection.


These are all some of my most favorite MCT dies!!!  The black piece is cut with the MCT ~ Stitched Doily Die. The heart is cut with the MCT ~ Stitched Scallop Heart Die.  The "Mr. & Mrs." is from the MCT ~ Teeny Tag Greetings stamp set.  The cute little couple and heart are from the MCT ~ We Are Family stamp set.  The label is cut with the smaller label die in the MCT ~ Vintage Stitched Label Dies.  And the "Congratulations" is from the MCT ~ Gift Card Sentiments stamp set.  The bow is tied with Celebrate It ~ 360 ribbon.  In the center is a button from my stash and another little bow tied with Liz's Paper Loft Boutique ~ Hemp Twine.

My next project is a little Gift Card for an 8th Grade Graduation:


The kraft cardstock is from Paper Trey Ink (my new FAVORITE kraft cardstock by the way!!).  It's cut with the all time best invention ever (besides caller id) the MCT ~ Gift Card Holder Die.  The cute little owl and branch are from the MCT ~ Birthday Buddies stamp set.  All of the sentiments are from the MCT ~ Follow Your Dreams stamp set.


Here is a look at the inside.  The little diploma and sentiment are also from the MCT ~ Follow Your Dreams stamp set.  PERFECT stamp set for this time of year!!



Well my creative friends, that's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I hope this inspires you to make something for someone else today. Have a great day everyone!  I will see you all again tomorrow.

12 comments :

Joan Smith said...

Both of your cards are awesome one is so beautiful the other so playful and sweet. You really did an outstanding job with all of Emma's goodies and that's because you are so talented!

Maureen Reiss said...

These are both Fantastic!!

Crafting Katie said...

Beautiful card and adorable gift card holder! The graduation cap fits the owl so perfectly!!!

Christine Owens said...

Love the colors on your card. And I had never thought to use kraft cardstock for a gift card, it looks great, I like the inside sentiment too.
Oh, just so you know, I rec'd this post in my inbox...thanks for adding email sign up to your blog. It works great. --C

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous wedding card!!! Love the colours! Love the gift card holder too! Lee-Ann :)

Creative M said...

Wonderful projects!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

L.B. said...

Love this green and yellow card so much. It is super pretty and fun as well. The cute grad gift is also fun but had to come over form MCT to tell you I loved this card!

quilt4fun2 said...

Your projects are wonderful. Clever to put the people on the wedding card...so different and I love it! I would say Follow Your Dreams is one set I have used a lot...so glad I have that one :D
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

liz at liz's paper loft said...

oh my Cassandra, both are soo fabbie! your card is just too pretty! and the gift card holder, well, the hat on the owl...PERFECT!!!

~ Jo ~ said...

Beautiful projects! I love owls so that really caught my eye!

Hugs,
Jo

Kristi said...

I love both of these. The card is gorgeous with the black doily and the green.
The grad giftcard is perfect! Now I think I need another sentiment set. heehee

Cindy said...

THANK you sooo much for my BEAUTIFUL card Cassandra!!!you are soooo sweet my friend, BIG HUGS!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...