Monday, May 20, 2013

My Creative Time ~ "Scrapping the Little Things"

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "Scrapping the Little Things" with My Creative Time.  For those of you who may be new to this, it's when we make Project Life, Smash Book or any other type of scrapbook layout.



Today, I made an 8x8 layout.  I made it for my husband's niece for their first family photo since their new baby. I matched it to the colors in their house.  And once I get a neat frame, I think it will match perfectly!!  :)


The solid brown cardstock for the bottom layer is from Recollections.  The polka dot piece for the next layer up is from the Simple Stories ~ Urban Traveler collection.  The solid light tan cardstock for the next layer up is from Recollections.  And then all of the other patterned papers are from the Creative Imaginations ~ Orchard Harvest collection.


The "family" is cut with the MCT ~ Lowercase Fun Dies.  These are the perfect size for titles on your layouts...LOVE THEM!!!  The pretty hearts are cut with the smallest heart die in the MCT ~ Stitched Layering Heart Dies.  And I adhered them with pop dots for a bit of dimension.


This beautiful bow is made with the smallest size of Liz's Paper Loft Boutique ~ Hemp Twine.  I love the smaller size because it makes the perfect bows!!  In the center is a beautiful Doodlebug Design ~ Jewel.


The pretty frame is cut with the frame die in the MCT ~ Just Simply Live stamp/die set.  The fun little family and the sentiment are from the MCT ~ We Are Family stamp set.   The ink is Coffee ~ Ranger Archival Ink. And the ink for the little heart is Monarch Orange ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  The pretty flower in the bottom right corner is cut with the MCT ~ Flower Petal Dies.  I only used two of the three flowers. And then in the center, I added another Doodlebug Design ~ Jewel.  **Just a little tip ~ when I adhered the frame, I left the upper left corner without adhesive so that they will be able to easily slip their family photo underneath.


Well my creative friends, that's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I'm just loving how this layout turned out.  It's kind of inspiring me to get back to some of my scrapbook layouts....hmmmmmm.  ;)  Have a great day!  I will see you all again soon.

10 comments :

Glora said...

I know I don't comment as much as I would like lately but right now I'm up with a sick kiddo and saw this and could not pass by without commenting. This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! They will cherish it always. You have such an eye for this kind of thing. You also have the kindest and sweetest heart. I love you to pieces and feel lucky to have you as a friend! Hugs- Glora

Joan Smith said...

What a beautiful LO you are so very talented at this to say the least. I am so excited that I have all of Emma's stuff that you used here. I am a scrapper big time & love all the ideas I get from you and your buddies.
Thanks for sharing your talents!!!

jessica said...

What a gorgeous LO!!! I love the color combo, the great papers and embellishments and of course ALL the awesome MCT products you used! Cassandra this is stunning and I know they will LOVE this!!
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Monday!

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful!!

Cathryn said...

This is beautiful! I'm sure your niece will LOVE it. The long hemp is an awesome touch! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

Crafting Katie said...

This is so pretty, Cassandra! They will love it and how you matched it to their house!

Maureen Reiss said...

Super sweet LO!

quilt4fun2 said...

What a great idea for a gift. The colors are wonderful together. They will love this.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Cindy said...

AWESOME idea Cassandra,I am sure your niece will LOVE it!Have a SUPER day my sweet friend!!!:)

Sherrie K. said...

What a gorgeous layout! I am sure they will love it:) The papers and embellishments are so pretty! Love all the MCT dies and stamps you used:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...