Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Baby's Room Decor

Hello everyone!  Welcome back for my second post of the day!  If you are looking for the My Creative Time ~ Sneak Peek, then just scroll down below.  Today is my day to post over on the Peachy Keen Stamps Blog and I have a super fun Home Decor item for the Baby's Room!

My sister-in-law's daughter just had a baby last week.  So I made this fun wall hanging for my sister-in-law to hang in the baby's room at her house.  Just a nice little something to welcome her first grandchild!!


Isn't this just so cute???  I absolutely LOVE how it turned out!!  This is a simple frame from Michaels for an 8x10 photo . . . I just took out the mat and the glass and replaced it with my own little scene.   :)


I stamped the baby's name with the PKS ~ Lucy's ABCs & 123s : Solids stamp set.  The little white stitched circles and pink star bursts are cut with the dies in the MCT ~ Build A Banner Kit.  The pink polka dot paper is from the Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints collection.  I used pop dots to add dimension. The cute little sun is from the PKS ~ You Are My Sunshine stamp set.  I colored it in with Copic ~ Sketch Markers and added a little yellow ~ Stickles to the tips of the sun's rays.  The clouds are cut with the dies in the MCT ~ Fly Away With Me Dies.  And I embossed them with the Divine Swirl ~ Cuttlebug Folder.  If you look closely, you can see that I used some blue chalk in the background to make a swirly sky.


All of the fun and colorful flowers are from my stash.  The fabulous baby faces are from the brand new PKS ~ The Moodies 1 1/8" faces.  I used a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll Pen and Copic ~ Sketch Markers for the eyes and added some chalk for cheeks.  I made the stems and leaves with pipe cleaners.  And the cute little froggie is from the PKS ~ Happy Lil' Froggies stamp set.  I colored it in with Copic ~ Sketch Markers.


This super cute little bee is a recent free giveaway from PKS.  I colored it in with Copic ~ Sketch Markers and also added some Star Dust ~ Stickles to the wings for some sparkle.  I used a black ~ Zig Writer Pen to doodle the bee's flight path.  If you look closely, you can also see that I added some Star Dust ~ Stickles to the tears of the sad little blue flower.


Here's the other cute little froggie.  How do you like my coloring?  Getting better I hope.  :)  For the grass at the bottom of the scene, I used some Celebrate It ~ Easter ribbon and used a hot glue gun to bunch it up randomly.


Well, I must say . . . I think this is one of my favorite projects ever!  I love all the baby faces showing the different moods . . . cute cute cute!!!  If you haven't yet, make sure you hop on over to the Peachy Keen Stamps Blog.  The Design Team does an amazing job each and every day!!!  You are sure to find some creative inspiration.  :)  Have a great day my friends!  I will see you all again tomorrow.

**And remember - each and every comment this month will get entered into my HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIVEAWAY!!!

20 comments :

Scrappin with the bug said...

OK this cards totally made me smile. My daugther has been sick the past few days and this just made my day. How adorable. Love the cute PKS faces.

Kristi said...

Love the grumpy face flower, and the crying one reminds me of my nephew for the last 24 hours, his poor mama.
I love this flower hanging, so cute, great job.
Kristi
kidshomelove at yahoo dot com

Crafting Katie said...

Okay, this is just the cutest hanging ever for a baby's room! I love the flower with the pacifier! ADORABLE, Cassandra!!!

lmkindell1 said...

I love love love it the faces are so cute.
linda
lmkindell1@verizon.net

jessica said...

This is so super adorable Cassandra! I LOVE those cute PK faces!!! Such a GREAT home decor piece that I bet looks so super adorable in the baby's room!
Thanks so much for sharing!!

Kim said...

Love this project--it looks like it was so much fun to create! Great idea to use the chenille stems for stems and leaves!

snappy scrappy said...

Really cute...love the faces!!!

Crafty Moni said...

This is adorable! What a fabulous gift!

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

This is certainly filled with such cuteness from Start to Finish every PKS face is just adorable for this frame. Love, Love, Love!

Kathy Salido said...

Oh My Goodness Cassandra!! This is the cutest project ever!! Love all the bright colors and all the Peachy goodness. I am sure your sister-in-law will love it as much as I do!!

UnikByYes said...

Cutenes overload!!! Cassandra this is adorable! Love the new moodies, TFS
Have a great day!
Liz O
Unikebyyes at yahoo dot com

quilt4fun2 said...

What an adorable hanging! How could you not smile looking at these faces? Very clever how you did the stems, leaves and grass. Super job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Diana said...

Such a cute project! love all the faces and the colors!

bdcampers@msn.com

Creative M said...

TOO!Too Cute!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

Sue D said...

How cute--love the colorful scene you created.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

TheTulipCollector said...

This is super cute!!! My grandbabies are named: Jacob, Nathan, Makayla, Michael and coming in June...Isaac. In case you want to make me one! LOL

Huggles

Linda

JennyKozar said...

This is adorable!! Love all the faces you selected for your flowers.

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Alright this is just way too CUUUTE! I think those flowers with those ADORABLE faces are just precious! The whole little scene is FABULOUS! Plus I LOVE how you did the baby's name and the name itself! Your SIL will LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Gucci also [url=http://www.bestguccioutlet2013.com]グッチ 財布 アウトレット[/url]
manoeuvre not at home of doors than the wend handbags, watches and other jewelry.Gucci "a [url=http://www.bestguccioutlet2013.com]グッチ 財布[/url]
catchword of take-off and opulence," Affable materialize to the dough consumer euphonic of critical strata, the job community has in everlastingness been favored, while to this age high-born the dernier cri capital. Gucci equanimity stands in the tainted self-indulgence men does not deterioration in the the last word steadfastness, put in thousands of cocker in a Gucci channel avoid swap you unexcelled luxuriousness feast. The belles-lettres G printed pairs trademark logo and eye-catching red and unversed as a banderole of Gucci briefcases, handbags, wallets and other Gucci products, which is Gucci earliest unmatched LOGO design. The Gucci a series of celebrated prototype scheme, the unrivalled closed up of its products and prime materials, be proper of a[url=http://www.bestguccioutlet2013.com]GUCCI アウトレット[/url]
lex scripta 'statute law' intelligence of courtliness and voluptuousness, representing Sofia - Roland and Duchess of Windsor and other [url=http://www.bestguccioutlet2013.com]グッチ 財布[/url]
lady celebrities are respected.
[url=http://www.bestguccioutlet2013.com]http://www.bestguccioutlet2013.com[/url]
[url=http://www.bestguccioutlet2013.com]GUCCI アウトレット[/url]
[url=http://www.bestguccioutlet2013.com]グッチ アウトレット[/url]

CLluvsPurple said...

Too cute! Love this addorable frame. You are so talented!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...