Friday, April 5, 2013

Peachy Keen Connection ~ April Release Challenge

Hello everyone!  How did you all like the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ April Stamp Release???  Well, over at the Peachy Keen Connection they are hosting a couple of challenges.  And this month it's my turn to host one of the challenges.  So, since it's my birthday month, I decided to have a birthday themed challenge.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Make a project of your choice with a Birthday Theme.  And you must include Peachy Keen Stamps.  Easy Peasy!  ;)

  
The white card base is from Recollections.  The pretty striped paper in the background is from the My Mind's Eye ~ Unforgettable collection that I got from Liz's Paper Loft Boutique.  The pretty scalloped oval shape is cut with a Spellbinders ~ Nestabilities Die.


These little cute birthday candles are from the PKS ~ December 2012 : Kit of the Month.  I colored them in with Copic ~ Sketch Markers and also did a little paper piecing too.  I added some Star Dust ~ Stickles to the tips of the flames, some chalk for cheeks, and used a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll Pen for accents.  Around the scalloped shape, I added some red and yellow Recollections ~ pearls.  The ribbon and brad are from my stash.  I adhered the whole thing with pop dots for dimension.


This funny little sentiment is also from the PKS ~ December 2012 : Kit of the Month.  The pretty shape is actually the bottom half of the polaroid frame in the MCT ~ Just Simply Live stamp/die set.  I adhered this with pop dots as well.  The yellow paper is from the My Mind's Eye ~ Unforgettable collection.


This label is from the MCT ~ Vintage Stitched Label Dies.  The "Happy Birthday!" sentiment is also from the PKS ~ December 2012 : Kit of the Month.  I curled the label for dimension.  The paper is once again from the My Mind's Eye ~ Unforgettable collection.


Well, that's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to the Peachy Keen Connection to see all the other challenge entries.  And join in on the fun...I can't wait to see what you all make!!!  Have a great day everyone!  See you all again soon!

*** And don't forget to leave your comment so that you are entered into my awesome April Celebration Giveaway!

18 comments :

Kim said...

Love this colorful card! Great job on the paper piecing!

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute...great colours and sentiment!!

jessica said...

What a GREAT birthday card!!! LOVE those candles!!
Thanks for sharing and for the FUN challenge!!

Christine Owens said...

Oh super fun. Not sure if I can make that challenge...but I'll try. Love the sentiment for this card. TFS --C

Tanya/Nonna said...

Beautiful card my sweet friend! Love all the bright, happy colors and those adorable little birthday candles!

Melissa said...

Darling card- and a fun challenge too!

lmkindell1 said...

I love this card and the saying are so cute.
linda
lmkindell1@verizon.net

cheap jerseys wholesale said...

Love the lines you set in the card! It makes this more adorable!

cheap jerseys wholesale said...

Love the lines you set in the card! It makes this more adorable!

TheTulipCollector said...

Countdown to your birthday!!! Are you excited? This card is so cute.

Creative M said...

TOTALLY Cute!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

Diana said...

love your bd card! The faces are way too cute!

bdcampers@msn.com

Sue D said...

Very cute card--love the candles and the fun sentiment.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Amber said...

So much fun! I love the bright colors!

UnikByYes said...

This is one of my fave cards Cassandra, the sentiment and those canddle faces are awesome! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Have a wonderful day!
Liz
Unikebyyes at yahoo dot com

Scrappin with the bug said...

OH my goodness that sentiment made me laugh and snort. Too funny love the card just darling.

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

What a cute & funny sentiment. Love the faces you used on this and that pattern paper.

Kristi said...

Love candles cards. It looks like a male and female candle, because she is defintely shocked! lol
Kristi
kidshomelove at yahoo dot com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...