Monday, April 8, 2013

My Creative Time~ Happy Birthday

Hello everyone!  This week at My Creative Time we are all taking turns making projects and I have a quick little Happy Birthday card for you today.


The black card base is from Recollections.  The pretty flower paper is from the SEI ~ Sunny Day collection. The pretty scallops are from one of the candy wrapper dies in the MCT ~ Treat Box Slider.  The yellow cardstock is from Recollections.  I cut 4 of the candy wrappers and then just put two side by side on the top and bottom for a pretty border.  You could probably just cut two and then cut them in half lengthwise...but I didn't think of that until too late...LOL.  The pretty yellow bow is made with Celebrate It ~ Easter ribbon.


The label is cut with one of the dies in the MCT ~ Vintage Stitched Label Dies.  The "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from the MCT ~ Floral Sentiments stamp set.  I put the whole piece on pop dots for dimension and added a few Doodlebug Design ~ Jewels for some bling.


That's it!  Super quick, but pretty I think.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  Have a great day.  I will see you all again soon.

20 comments :

Crafting Katie said...

This is so pretty, Cassandra! I love how you used the treat slider box for scallops, and that ribbon is so pretty against that paper!

lmkindell1 said...

I love the paper beautiful card
linda
lmkindell1@verizon.net

jessica said...

What a gorgeous birthday card Cassandra! Love the idea of using the slider box :)
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Monday!

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful card....love the patterned paper and ribbon!!

Christine Owens said...

Great spring colors. The background paper is beautiful. TFS --C

Tanya/Nonna said...

Beautiful! I love that gorgeous paper and pretty pop of yellow! Such a lovely card ♥

Joan Smith said...

Cassandra your card is gorgeous I love the colors they are so beautiful and the bling is awesome.

quilt4fun2 said...

Perfect ribbon to bring out the other yellows in the card. I love the font in the Floral Sentiments...My favorite. Beautiful job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Creative M said...

Very BEAUTIFUL!!Love the yellow bow!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

Kristi said...

Love the candy wrapper as a border, I think it is my favorite. Love your card with the big bow!

Diana said...

love the colors/paper you used on your card. simple, yet elegant.

bdcampers@msn.com

Craft Me This said...

Love the colors. But that is what you are all about. Great.

Kim said...

Love this card!! Especially the bright patterned paper paired with the gingham ribbon--beautiful!

Cathryn said...

Beautiful Cassandra, the border looks so wonderful! I thought it was a punch. Great bow too! Have a great night! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

TheTulipCollector said...

I have that paper stack and love it. How different it looks highlighting the yellow! Love it!!!

Huggles,

Linda

phatpat35 said...

Love the colors used!

Sue D said...

Beautiful card. I like the ribbon your used and the scallop trim.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

UnikByYes said...

Another fabulous way to use the treat slider box! Love the bright cheery colors!
thank you for sharing!
Have a wonderful day!
Liz
Unikebyyes at yahoo dot com

Scrappin with the bug said...

Too cute. Love the pretty paper from SEI (always have been a fan) I knew instantly it was SEI when I saw the paper. Love the bright colors. Your projects this past few days have made me smile. Which I need - my daughter has been sick and looking at your blog makes me smile.

Thanks

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...