Thursday, April 4, 2013

My Creative Time ~ "Designer Challenge" : Me!!

Hello everyone!  It's my turn to host the "Designer Challenge" over at My Creative Time.


And of course, you know that I just HAD to make this a COLOR CHALLENGE!!  The Colors of the Rainbow to be exact!  All you have to do is make a project of your choice using 3 of the following 6 colors: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple.  For a more difficult challenge - if you dare...use ALL 6 colors!!!  

Here is my card to get your creative inspiration going:


The black and the white cardstock are from Recollections.  If you look really closely, you can see that I added some blue chalk lightly behind the clouds to make the white cardstock look like a whispy blue sky. All of the patterned papers for the hearts are actually from my scraps.  Yay me!  


The "smile..." sentiment is from the MCT ~ Turn That Frown Upside Down stamp set.  The "Behind every cloud is a silver lining..." sentiment is from the MCT ~ More Of My Favorite Sayings stamp set.  The hearts are cut with the large heart die in the MCT ~ Stitched Heart Layering Dies set.  And the clouds are cut with the dies in the MCT ~ Fly Away With Me Dies set.  I cut out two sets of clouds. And on the bottom layer of clouds, I used some Silver ~ Stickles for sparkle.  I adhered the clouds and all the hearts with various sizes of pop dots for dimension.  And all of the pretty twine is from The Twinery.


Now doesn't that make you smile???  I just love the Colors of the Rainbow!  I hope I have inspired you to get your color on!!!  I can't wait to see what you all make..this is going to be so much fun!  Now head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  You will have 2 weeks to link up your project.  Happy Crafting everyone!!!

~ Cassandra

22 comments :

Joan Smith said...

Your card is so pretty and cute love your choice for colors you sure used them well here love your idea for the clouds and hearts as always you sure are uber talented thanks for another fantastic idea.

Christine Owens said...

I love your card...and all the colors. In fact, I was thinking of a 'rainbow' card and you kept coming to mind...now I can enter it into your designer challenge...how fun is that!!! --C

jessica said...

What a GORGEOUS card!! Love the rainbow of colored hearts and those clouds are GREAT!!!
Awesome take on your challenge!! Looking forward to playing along!
Thanks for the inspiration!

lmkindell1 said...

Wonderful card love all the colors.
linda
lmkindell1@verizon.net

snappy scrappy said...

Love your design...fab way to use that twine!!

Cindy said...

You always have such creative ways to use your products! Great card!

Cathryn said...

Beautiful Cassandra!!! Great designer and wonderful job with this Designer's Challenge! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

quilt4fun2 said...

I always love your rainbow colors and this card is so pretty...what a great idea to put hearts on strings. Some day I will have to get the rainbow of twines. I like the stickles for your silver lining...perfect!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

What a Fantabulous Card my friend! Smooches...

Craft Me This said...

Super cute card, but all your projects are great.

PoJo said...

LOVE this card!

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Let me first off by saying I LOVE this challenge and it fits you to a tee! I actually never used all the colors all together before but oh my I LOVE it now! Okay you card is so FABULOUS! I just LOVE how you have the twine descending from the clouds to the hearts ~ CUTE idea!

TheTulipCollector said...

Super cute! This idea and your card have you written all over it! I can't wait to find some crafting time!

Huggles

Linda

Cindy said...

BEAUTIFUL job with your card Cassandra!!!I LOVE the rainbow idea,TOO CUTE my friend!!!:)

Crafting Katie said...

This card makes me smile! So pretty with the colorful patterns and twine you chose, and I love the whole layout!!!

Maureen Reiss said...

Love your bright colorful card!!Sooooo pretty!

Ema said...

Love the what you came up with. Great job

Kim said...

Love this rainbow--looks like it was fun to make and would be fun to receive!

Diana said...

such a colorful card. The twine makes your card pop! TFS!

bdcampers@msn.com

Sue D said...

Very sweet card--I like the rainbow colored hearts and matching twine.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

UnikByYes said...

This was one of my favoritw challenges, because you allowed us to play with color, and you make it look so fun it makes it easy to be inspired! BTW thank you for your sweet comment on my tulip card entry!
thank you for sharing!
Have a wonderful day!
Liz
Unikebyyes at yahoo dot com

Scrappin with the bug said...

Fun fun fun. I missed the challenge but think this is a fantastic card. Just love your bright colors you use and the rainbow hearts adorable.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...