Thursday, March 21, 2013

Peachy Keen Stamps & Really Reasonable Ribbon

Hello everyone!  In case you haven't heard yet, this week Peachy Keen Stamps & Really Reasonable Ribbon are teaming up to create some really GREAT projects.  Now what crafter doesn't LOVE ribbon?!?!?! I know I do, so here are two fun little projects I made:


Hee!  I just LOVE it!!  This is going in my craft room for sure!  I don't know about you, but I'm one of those crafters that has to get EVERY color when I buy stuff...LOL!  So of course I just had to get ALL these rainbow colors of ribbon!


I cut two center circles with a circle punch, one for the front and one for the back. The patterned paper for the circles is from the My Minds Eye ~ Remarkable collection that I got from Liz's Paper Loft Boutique. All of the super fun ribbon is Grosgrain Ribbon from the RRR ~ Bright Stripes Assortment Pack. LOVE IT!!  I simply glued the loops of ribbon in between the two circle pieces.  The sweet little face is from the PKS ~ Basic Paper Doll Face Assortment.  (I think it's my favorite Peachy face of all time!!)  I added some chalk for cheeks, used a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll Pen for accents and Copic ~ Sketch Markers for the mouth.  And for some super pretty bling, I added Doodlebug Design ~ Jewels in rainbow colors around the circle and the base of each ribbon petal.


I wrapped some green ribbon around a craft stick to make a stem and then tied some ribbon in a knot around the stem for some leaves.  I made the little label with the MCT ~ Curly Label Die & Stitched Curly Label Die.  The sentiment is from the PKS ~ August 2012 : Kit of the Month.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  Cute!  That would make anyone smile!!  :)


My second project is a rainbow Happy Birthday card.  :)  All of the solid colors of cardstock are from Recollections.  And the blue polka dot paper in the background is from the Recollections ~ Blue Christmas collection.  The fun flowers are cut with the MCT ~ Flower Petal Dies.  The flower centers are cut with the small stitched circle die in the MCT ~ Build A Banner Kit.  And all of the flower stems are made with awesome RRR ~ Sheer - 3 Striped ribbon. Fun Fun Fun!!!


The "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from the PKS ~ With A Cherry On Top stamp set.  And the "Stamp on a grin and soak it all in!" sentiment is from the PKS ~ June 2012 : Kit of the Month. The cute face for the red flower is from the PKS ~ Simple Sallies Face Assortment.  The face for the orange flower is from the PKS ~ Snow Cuties Face Assortment.  


The face for the yellow flower is from the PKS ~ Sweet & Silly Face Assortment.  The face for the green flower is from the PKS ~ Snow Cuties Face Assortment.  The face for the blue flower is from the PKS ~ Sweet & Silly Face Assortment.  And the face for the purple flower is from the PKS ~ Basic Paper Doll Face Assortment.



I hope you all love my rainbow flowers today.  Make sure you head on over to the Peachy Keen Stamps & Really Reasonable Ribbon blogs to see all the other creations this week.  

***************
And for those of you who may be new to Really Reasonable Ribbon like me, here is some more information:


Really Reasonable Ribbon has been meeting the needs of crafters, wedding planners, rubber stampers, srapbookers, and the artistic community for over 10 years.  They offer great wholesale pricing on full spools of many of our styles, and really reasonable discount retail pricing on ribbon by the yard.  Their large selection of ribbon styles includes a variety of colors and widths in grosgrain, organza, gingham, satin, ric rac, twill tape, velvet, bakers twine, seam binding, jute, and much more.  They offer convenient online shopping, FAST shipping and GREAT ribbon prices.  You can visit their blog for daily posts with creative projects featuring ribbon along with two fun challenges on the 1st and 15th of each month.
***************

Well, that's it my creative friends!  I will see you all again soon.  Have a super great day!!

18 comments :

Crafting Katie said...

Okay, your big flower is just the cutest thing ever! So clever what you did with the ribbon! It just makes me smile! Love your cheery rainbow card too!

Christine Owens said...

I love your flower and your flower card. Ahhh, yes it's springtime here in Arizona! :-)

snappy scrappy said...

Your 3D flower pot is so darn cute!!! Love the card too...both are so "happy"!!!

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ OMG! I ADORE and I mean ADORE your cards! These are TOTALLY you too! Using the birght and colorful ribbon for the petals ~ SO CLEVER and CUUUTE! LOVE how you wrapped your stem with ribbon too! Then the flowers with the faces on them ~ LOVE how the centers coordinate with each flower too along with the ribbon! Totally LOVE them both!!! You and I with our ribbon ~ hehehe!

I hope you are feeling better too!

Cindy said...

SUPER SUPER job with both projects Cassandra!your big flower is BEAUTIFUL and sooo creative and your card is FANTASTIC,I LOVE them both my friend!!!:)

Crafty Moni said...

OMG love that oh so happy flower:) What an awesome craftroom decoration. And your card was so cute with all the different Peachy faces:)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

moni023 at yahoo com

Diana said...

I can say enough about these projects! I can feel cavities forming they are just so sweet! LOL! Love them! Too ka-ute!

quilt4fun2 said...

I am getting confused...thought I left a note here but don't see it! I love your colorful rainbows and these projects are so clever and beautiful. Love the way you used the Peachy faces and great ribbons!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Sherrie K. said...

Holy smokes...I love your flower! So fun and cheerful:) Love all the ribbon and the faces are darling!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Pam said...

Amazing.... Love your work.
BEAUTIFUL
made my heart happy!

Scrapping Out Of Control said...

Super clever Cassandra! They just make me smile! Im totally gonna be making the big flower! Super cute! Great job! Hugs

Tanya/Nonna said...

Oh my goodness...your bright, happy flower just makes me smile! This is such a fun project and so stinkin' cute! I love the creative way you used your fun ribbon on this flower and on your darling little card! Awesome work my friend ♥

TheTulipCollector said...

This is such an awesome project!! I love all the bright ribbon.

GiGi said...

These are SO cute Cassandra! The ribbon flower is amazing and the card is cute as can be! LOVE THEM!

Glora said...

Sorry I've been MIA! But I had to take a moment to drop by and tell you how ADORABLE these are. I'm not at all surprised by your rainbow of color ribbon choices. They are BEAUTIFUL ribbons and you created fabulous projects with them. The 3D flower is so ADORABLE!!!! Hugs- Glora

Kathy Salido said...

Cassandra these projects are gorgeous. I just love, love, love that ribbon flower! !

Michele said...

HI Cassandra! Thanks for the wonderful comment you left me this morning! Such a cute flower with all that ribbon. :) I am jealous of your Arizona sun and the awesome natural light that you get to take your photos in. I'm from Washington... so it is a mixed bag weather wise. Again... Thank you!!

Diana said...

love your projects! They are both so happy and cheerful! TFS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...