Thursday, March 7, 2013

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge 13-10 : Photo Inspiration

Hello everyone!  It's time for the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge #13-10 : Photo Inspiration.  The guidelines for this challenge:  Create a project using the following photo for inspiration.  Interpret the photo ANY way that you would like, just be sure to let us in on your creative process.  The colors next to the photo are only suggested.

Here is the photo:



And here is my project:


So the first thing that I think when I look at that photo is that it's the perfect place for fairies to live!!!  If you believe in fairies of course.  ;)  There's all those beautiful trees, the moss, the water...you just know there are some living in there!!!  So that was my interpretation.  :)  Plus, I used the color scheme as well.  

I bought this "C" at Michaels. They also have all the other letters in the alphabet.  It's plastic, but from a distance it looks kinda real...lol.


All of the beautiful little fairies are from the PKS ~ Mini Fairies & Girl Gnomes stamp set.  I colored them in with Copic ~ Sketch Markers.  You can't really tell in this photo, but I also added some Star Dust ~ Stickles to their wings.


All of the flowers are cut with the smallest flower die in the MCT ~ Flower Petal Dies set.  The paper for the flowers is from the Creative Imaginations ~ Dots & Stripes : Warm collection.  I curled the petals a little and added some Doodlebug Design ~ Jewels to the centers.  If you look closely, you can also see that around the "C" itself, I wrapped 3 different colors of Hemp Twine from Liz's Paper Loft Boutique.


This label is cut with the MCT ~ Vintage Stitched Label Dies.  And the "Wishing you a fairy nice day!" sentiment is from the PKS ~ Mini Fairies & Girl Gnomes stamp set.  All of the ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


Well, that's my take on the Photo Inspiration Challenge.  Make sure you head on over to the Peachy Keen Stamps Blog to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  And if you have the time, join in on the fun!  I can' wait to see what you all make!!  See you all again tomorrow.  :)  

10 comments :

Cindy said...

I TOTALLY LOVE this SUPER CUTE project Cassandra!AMAZING job with it,the little PK girl are sooo sweet!BEAUTIFUL JOB!!!:)

Christine Owens said...

Love that it's a "C" and the picture does look like fairies could live there lol You did a great job my friend. --C

snappy scrappy said...

So sweet, love it!! Lee-Ann :)

Melissa said...

Love the fairies on your "C". Very pretty

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Oh my! I LOVE it! First of all I do believe in fairies! How CUTE and CLEVER is your project! Colored BEAUTIFULLY and executed PERFECTLY! I just love your inspiration too! I bet you house is so fun to be in! Have a GREAT weekend!

Creative M said...

OMG!!TOTALLY Cute!!
Have a Wonderful Friday,
Migdalia

Crafty Moni said...

This is so cute! I love it!!! Thanks for all the inspiration:)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

Viv said...

This is a stunner of a project Cassandra! I wish I had your imagination. Beautiful work! xxx

GiGi said...

This is SO PRETTY! I love the letter shaped wreath and the pretty flowers! The little fairies are so cute too!

quilt4fun2 said...

This project is just way too cute. I can see your interpretation of the picture...I like it! Congratulations on the 80 degrees :D Not sure it got to 40 here. Spring is coming! Great job on your C
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...