Thursday, March 28, 2013

My Creative Time ~ "Thoughtful Thursday"

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "Thoughtful Thursday" with My Creative Time.  This is when we make something for someone else.  It could be Get Well, Congratulations, Encouragement, Cheer Up, Thinking of You, etc.  I just love this idea!  We always need to have those kinds of cards or gifts on hand, so this gives us the chance to stock up.  :)


Today, I made a card for a friend.  When was the last time you told a friend how much you care about them? It's so easy to forget when we all get so busy.  So I decided to start working on some cards like this to have on hand.  I hope it inspires you to do the same.

The blue card base is made with Recollections cardstock.  All of the other papers are from the My Mind's Eye ~ Notable collection which I got from Liz's Paper Loft Boutique.


These beautiful flowers are cut with the MCT ~ Flower Petal Dies.  I just love them..they are just so pretty!  I curled the petals and also used pop dots to adhere them for some dimension.  In the center of each flower is a Doodlebug Design ~ Jewel.  The stems are just straight cuts on my paper trimmer.  And the leaves are cut with a mustache die in the MCT ~ What's Growing On? stamp/die set.


This sweet sentiment is from the MCT ~ Floral Sentiments stamp set.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


That's it...super simple, but sweet and thoughtful I think.  I hope I have inspired you to make a card for a friend today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I will see you all again soon.  Have a great day!

13 comments :

Kristi said...

Love the colors and of course the flowers. Gonna have to get that die!

Crafting Katie said...

So pretty, Cassandra! I love the colors and layers on your flowers!

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Oh my this is simply BEAUTIFUL! I just LOVE that flower and how you did it! Those petals are so CLEVER andPERFECT! That background paper was such an AWESOME choice! Reminds me of brick or something! I must see if I have this paper ~ I LOVE it! I totally agree with yoru post too ~ we all need to do this more often! Awesome as always!

CherylB said...

This is adorable!!! I love the patterned papers. Great job as always...super adorable!

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful design!!!

quilt4fun2 said...

Beautiful job on your card. I like the way the paper print goes with your flowers. Your leaves are so fun and the flower centers are great.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Cathryn said...

Really sweet and lovely Cassandra! Someone will be so lucky to receive this! Have a great night! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

Cindy said...

BEAUTIFUL card Cassandra,it looks sooo pretty with those flowers!!!Have a nice evening my friend!!!:)

Sherrie K. said...

What a beautiful card and special reason behind making it as well. The way you made the flowers is so pretty and love the colors:)
Hope you have a wonderful Easter!
Sherrie K

Tanya/Nonna said...

Beautiful! Your flowers are just lovely and the colors are so pretty! Beautiful card! Happy Easter to you and your family!

Christine Owens said...

Love these dies. The paper matches perfectly too my friend. :-)

bumblebee creations said...

these are so gorgeous!! I love this look!

Jennifer said...

Hi Cassandra,

I saw this over on Emma's blog, and I just had to come and see how you made the pretty leaves with the stiching! How clever!!! :) Wish I had the mustache die...

Thanks so much for sharing!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...