Monday, March 11, 2013

My Creative Time ~ "Scrapping the Little Things"

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "Scrapping the Little Things" with My Creative Time.  For those of you who may be new to this, it's when we focus on making Project Life layouts, Smash Book layouts or just any other simple layout.


This time the Design Team is using an Easter or Spring theme for our layouts.  Here is my fun 8x8 Easter layout:


The white cardstock for the photo squares is from Bazzill.  I cut the photo squares with two different sizes of square punches.  The blue cardstock for the background is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Linen Closet collection.


This super cute little bunny is from the Miss Kate Cuttables ~ Some Bunny Loves You collection.  I used the SVGs and cut them with my Silhouette ~ Cameo.  Now, this particular bunny actually doesn't have any arms.  So I cut off the legs (since you wouldn't be able to see them anyway) and used them for the arms. The cardstock for the bunny is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Linen Closet collection.  The pink cardstock for the bunny highlights is from the Creative Imaginations ~ Dots & Stripes : Warm collection. The super sweet bunny face is from the PKS ~ Cute & Cuddly Face Assortment.  I used a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll Pen for the eyes, Copic ~ Sketch Markers for the nose and mouth, and some chalk for cheeks.  The bow is made with some floss in my stash and I added a little Recollections ~ Pearl to the center of the bow.

All of the super fun Easter eggs are cut with the small egg die in the MCT ~ Hello Spring stamp/die set. The paper for all the eggs is from the Simple Stories ~ Snap Life collection.  I used pop dots for some of the eggs for dimension.  The little fence is cut with a Martha Stewart ~ Border Punch.  And I used both the large and small grass stamps from the MCT ~ Happy Hunting stamp set.  The ink is Bamboo Leaves ~ Memento Ink for the border and then I used Copic ~ Sketch Markers to color in the grass.  I also used pop dots for the fence too.


The "Happy Easter" title is cut with the super cool MCT ~ Lowercase Fun Dies.  The paper is from the Simple Stories ~ Snap Just the Basics collection.


That's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.

**As a little bonus ~ If any of you would like to have this cute little Easter layout, just leave me a comment and let me know.  I will choose one winner on Friday, March 15th.

Have a great day my creative friends!  I will see you all again soon.  :)

12 comments :

liz at liz's paper loft said...

oh my goodness this just adorable!!!!

Christine Owens said...

Great LO my friend. I just recently bought a smash book...it's still sitting on the shelf. You've inspired me, I might just get it out and do a page. :-) --C

Craft Me This said...

Super cute. Love the fence .

Diana said...

So cute, love the bow!! TFS!

snappy scrappy said...

So darn cute! Lee-Ann :)

Kristi said...

I simply love this LO!!!
I love that you made the legs into the arms! Love the colors, the eggs, the face, the fence, down to the little grass! It is so cute!
Would love to have it!
Kristi
kidshomelove at yahoo dot com

Cathryn said...

This is super cute Cassandra! Great job! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

Cindy said...

Oh WOW Cassandra,your layout is TOO CUTE!GREAT job with all the details,it is just GORGEOUS my friend!!!:)

quilt4fun2 said...

So clever to use the bunny feet for arms...why not? Bunny turned out so cute. The letter dies look great and the colorful eggs are wonderful. Great page.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Sherrie K. said...

What a happy layout! The font is so fun and just love your adorable bunny and colorful eggs:) Super cute!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ ADORABLE! Just LOVE those eggs behind that fence ~ my FAVORITE punch! Great title and CUTE little bunny! LOVE it all!

aworkofheart said...

What a super sweet scrap book page. have put so much detail into this and it is so very adorable. I love the little bunny, it looks like it could just hop off the page. All the detail, right down to the grass on the fence. I want to thank you for coming to my blog and leaving me and encouraging comment. I am your newest follower,and I would be honored if you would consider becoming one of mine. Hope you have an amazing day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...