Thursday, March 21, 2013

My Creative Time ~ "Desinger Challenge" : Kim

Hello everyone!  Sorry I have been MIA, I've been a little under the weather lately.  But today I am back with the first of two posts!!  Wahoo!!  It's time for another "Designer Challenge" with My Creative Time.


The host for this challenge is the super talented and super fun Miss Kim and she has created a super cool Tic Tac Toe Challenge for all of us.  The guidelines for this challenge: Choose a row from the chart (vertical, horizontal or diagonal) and incorporate those three items on your project!  You are free to use anything in addition, just be sure the three items are included.  


For my card, I chose the first vertical row of items: Use a Die, Buttons & Patterned Paper.



I'm in full blown Spring mode now because it's already reached 90 degrees here.  That's right...I said Spring...heck, when Summer weather in Phoenix can reach 120 degrees, then 90 degrees is considered Spring!!!!  LOL  ;)  Ok, onto my card - the white cardstock is from Recollections.  The orange cardstock is from my stash (I think it might be from Paper Trey Ink).  The green and yellow polka dot papers are from the Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints collection.


For my flower, I used the  MCT ~ Stitched Doily Die.  Isn't it just so pretty?  I put a really large orange button in the center and some yellow & orange Doodlebug Design ~ Jewels around the outside.  I put the whole flower on large pop dots for dimension.


I used green buttons for the flower stem.  And for the leaves, I used one of the mustache dies in the MCT ~ What's Growing On? stamp/die set.  I curled the leaves for more dimension.  The banner is cut with one of the dies in the MCT ~ Vintage Stitched Label Dies.  The "thinking of you" sentiment is from the MCT ~ Just A Little Note To Say stamp set.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  I also curled the banner for even more dimension.  And the super cute little bee is a Jolee's Boutique sticker.  I used a black ~ Zig Writer Pen to doodle the bee's flight path.


I just love how this card turned out!  I better enjoy it, because our HOT HOT summer is just around the corner!  ;)  Now, make sure you all head on over to My Creative Time  to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  And make sure you join in on the Challenge.  You will have 2 weeks to link up your entry.  I can't wait to see what you all make.  :)

Come back in just a bit, because I have another fun post to share with you all.  You don't want to miss it!!

9 comments :

Joan Smith said...

Ohhh Casandra what a ca-ute card I love your button upon button flower how genius are you and your lil bee is precious Great Job!! You are always so creative and unconditionally talented...WOW!!

Kristi said...

I love it! I love flowers anyway and this die is beautiful!
Kristi

snappy scrappy said...

Love this doily as a flower...too cute!! Count your blessing re the weather...we have PILES of snow still Thunder Bay Ontario Canada...ugh!!

Cathryn said...

Always so cute and clever Cassandra! Great job on Kim's challenge! Have a great day! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

Christine Owens said...

I just love how versitle MCt dies are....great idea using the mustache for the leaves. lol the 90 degrees is spring...you got that right. --C

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Oh how I ADORE your flower card! Using the doily and mustache for the flower ~ CLEVER!! Let alone how CUTE it is!! That little bee is so DARLING too! I must say I LVOE that you are taking your pictures outside too! Meant to tell you that awhile ago! Awesome job!!!

quilt4fun2 said...

The doily makes a great flower and love the gems and button. Buttons for the stem is clever and looks beautiful. The little bee sticker is too cute.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Craft Me This said...

Adorable.

Creative M said...

Very Beautiful!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...