Thursday, March 7, 2013

My Creative Time ~ "Designer Challenge" : Cathryn

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "Designer Challenge" with My Creative Time.  


The host this time around is the talented Miss Cathryn.  The guidelines for this challenge: Make a project of your choice and include a "spring" related die cut shape.  How easy is that???  


Hee Hee!  Do you get it?  I showed it to my husband and he gave me one of those funny looks like "what's wrong with those bunnies at the end?"  So I had to explain how I tried to make it look like the little chocolate bunny was being eaten.  (Please tell me you all get it....)   ;)


Both of the brown and the white cardstock are from Recollections.  I used the little bunny die in the MCT ~ To My Best Peep stamp/die set to cut all of the bunnies.  I used Glossy Accents on them to make them look like real chocolate.  I added little pom poms for tails.  And the I used a little scallop punch to take a "bite" out of them.  I also put them all on pop dots for dimension.  In the background, you can see that I embossed the white cardstock with the Polka Dots ~ Cuttlebug Folder.  The "I love chocolate bunnies!" sentiment is from the MCT ~ Color Me Happy stamp set.


I added the little bow with some brown ~ gingham ribbon from my stash.  And the "Happy Easter" sentiment is also from the MCT ~ Color Me Happy stamp set.  The ink is Coffee ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


Well, I sure hope you all like it.  I know at least I cracked myself up with this idea.  LOL  ;)  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  And don't forget to join in on the fun.  You will have two weeks to link up your project.  I can't wait to see what you all make!!!   See you all again tomorrow!

24 comments :

Kristi said...

This is too cute! Love it.
Kristi

Lisa said...

OMG Cassandra, I got it as soon as I saw this darling card, you are so darn clever. LOL way too cute.

Diana said...

I totally got your eaten bunnys!!! So cute and creative! TFS!

Christine Owens said...

Love this! There was a 'hallmark' card a few years back and the one bunny had his ears eaten off and the one was talking to the other and the one says "WHAT?" this reminds me of that card, but yours is SO much better! LOL love it. --C

Mindy said...

OMgoodness this is the funniest card.YES,you got it exactly! I LOVE IT and I think I will have to scraplift it my kids will really get a kick out of it. Thanks so much for sharing Ill be chuckling about this all day.

TristanzNina said...

Very cute card!

Diana said...

I got it as soon as I saw it! This is just adorable!!!! Love it!

CherylB said...

Now this is clever! How adorable! Great job...and I may have to "lift" this idea sometime.

snappy scrappy said...

This is my fav from this MCT post!!! Great idea, fab design!! Lee-Ann :)

quilt4fun2 said...

I got it right away...yay me :D Love all the brown and white and pom poms. OK my mouth is watering...very clever and I may have to use this idea! Great card!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Joan Smith said...

Awwww your bunnies are so ca-ute you most certainly were exceptionally creative here gosh unbelievable how the bunnies DO look like chocolate girl you are so talented!!!

Cathryn said...

Oh Cassandra hehehe, I sooooo get it! Adorable card with great design, so creative lady!!! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

Melinda said...

heeehee.. too cute. I actually have a a chocolate bunny in my kitchen that resembles the last one, soon to be all gone. I love chocolate bunnies! Great job.

Gaylynn said...

haha... I get it. These chocolate bunnies are way cute. Love the all brown and white design. :)

Jeri said...

Well, sadly for the bunny, I got it right away. I felt his pain and then the guilt of knowing I would eat any chocolate bunny I came across. This is so adorable and so creative.

Carol said...

got it! So cute, love your style and sense of humor.
XOXOX & Blessings,
Carol

Cindy said...

Your card is sooo STINKIN' CUTE Cassandra!such a cute idea with the chocolate bunnies,SUPER JOB my friend!!!:)

Jannie said...

Soooooooooooooooooooooo funny!

Love it!!!

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Hehehehehehe!!! I LOVE it! So CUTE, CREATIVE and FUNNY! Of course I LOVE the MCT products but that gingham ribbon ~ EEK! LOVE! You know this happens to bunnies at our house too! Wonder if its a problem across the country?? LOL! Awesome creation!

Viv said...

Brilliant! just brilliant! xxx

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha! I got it right away!! Too cute!

Cindy - 1mamacyn@gmail.com

Kathy Salido said...

I totally giggled when I first saw your card. I absolutely love it!! What a clever idea, hope you don't mind, but I am definately scraplifing this!!

Christine said...

I got it straight away......you know what men are like, they can't see anything that's staring them between their eyes.....DOH!

Love the idea, great cool card x

Janice W. said...

I totally got it Cassandra and I think it is adorable! Love the clean and simple look too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...