Monday, February 4, 2013

"Scrapping the Little Things" with MCT

Hello everyone!  And Happy Monday!  It's time for another edition of "Scrapping the Little Things" with My Creative Time.  For those of you who may be new to this, it's when we focus on making Project Life layouts, Smash Book layouts, or just any other simple layout.


My layout today is actually one that I think I am going to frame and hang on the wall in my craft room.  I just love how it turned out.


This is an 8x8 layout.  This black cardstock for the base is from Paper Trey Ink.  All of the other super fun patterned papers are from the Simple Stories ~ Summer Fresh collection.


All of the flowers are cut with the MCT ~ Flower Petal Dies. I only used the small and medium size flower and I curled all of the petals for some pretty dimension.  In the center of each flower, the little stitched circles are cut with the die from the MCT ~ Build A Banner Kit.  The "SISTERS" are stamped with the alphabet stamps in the MCT ~ Anyday BINGO & Crossword stamp set.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


The little hearts are all cut with the medium size heart die in the MCT ~ Stitched Heart Layering Dies.  I used pop dots behind them for some extra dimension.


The bow is made with Liz's Paper Loft Boutique ~ Hemp Twine.  In the center, is a little black gem from my stash.


That's it for me today.  I hope you love it as much as I do.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I will see you all again soon.  Have a great day!

18 comments :

June Houck said...

GORGEOUS frame! I love this project :)

Christine Owens said...

Great pic of the two of you. Love your LO -- The b&w pic actually looks like your in a shadow box. Really neat image. I can see why you want to frame this one and put it up. Great job, my friend. --C

Lisa said...

Love your project Cassandra, it looks like a frame. I'm sure that will look beautiful hanging in your room. Nice picture of you and your sister.

CherylB said...

I LOVE how you did the bottom of this layout! I am going to have to remember this gem! Great job, I love it. Beautiful pic too!

Glora said...

This is one of the sweetest most beautiful layouts. I'm SO in LOVE with this one! Amazing job! Hugs-Glora

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful frame...love the design and that fab paper!! Lee-Ann :)

Kristi said...

Cassandra, this is so cute and fun! I want to make my own! SO SO CUTE AND FUN! Thanks for sharing.

Joan Smith said...

Your LO is awesome gosh you did a spectacular job love how everything came out and your frame idea is fantastic. You never disappoint just always leave one for wanting more good things do come in small packages especially from Casasandra!

Julie L. said...

What a great layout! I love your use of colors and the design is really striking! Nice job!


Julie L.

Cathryn said...

Beautiful Cassandra! It looks like a frame all by itself, gorgeous! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

quilt4fun2 said...

Two beautiful Sisters in a very pretty frame/page. I love the way the hemp twines and curls softly and the design of your project is so pretty.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Jeri said...

How special--both the photo and your LO. Love, love, love how you put everything together with the hearts, banners, flowers and letters in the stitched circles. I always envy photos like this one because I'm an only child and have always yearned to have a sister to share special moments with.

Carol said...

LOVE this...when I saw the picture on Emma's blog, I thought you'd decorated a picture frame...so, I can see why you'd want to hang it on the wall. Makes a great l/o, too. Love the multi colors and patterns...and hearts, too? Whoo hoo...color me inspired! Thanks for sharing.
XOXOX & Blessings,
Carol

liz at liz's paper loft said...

just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful

Illene

Sherrie K. said...

I LOVE how your frame turned out! It will look amazing in your craft room:) The colors, papers and all the details are fabulous!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

This is just GORGEOUS Cassandra!I LOVE all the great details and layers,BEAUTIFUL picture too!!!Have a great day my friend!!!:)

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ I swore I left a comment before on this but so happy to leave another one! Okay this is TRULY my FAVORITE layout EVER!! Not just because of the design, the FABULOUS papers ( LOVE them), the way you used ALL the MCT products or the hemp but because of you and your sister! I can just see the LOVE you two have for one another! The closeness and just how BEAUTIFUL you both are! AWESOME, AWESOME job! I bet she LOVED this ~ I know I do! I would be LOST without my sister!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...