Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ February Stamp Release Party : Challenges

Hello everyone!  So yesterday was the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ February Stamp Release and boy are they so much fun!!!   And last night at the Release Party over on the Peachy Keen Connection they announced two fun challenges.  So I thought I would share my cards with you and hopefully you can join in on the fun.

Challenge #1:  Make a project using both Polka Dots & Stripes!  And your Peachy Keen Stamps of course!


Aren't they so cute?  I told you this was a fun release!!  The black cardstock and card base are from Recollections.  The stripes and the polka dot patterned papers are from the Recollections ~ Bold Basics collection.  I cut the pretty scalloped shape with a Spellbinders ~ Nestabilities Die.


These little cuties are from the brand new PKS ~ Great Vibes Robots.  I colored them in with Copic ~ Sketch Markers.  And I added little red heart gems for some fun.  The little pink heart between them is cut with the smallest heart in the MCT ~ Stitched Heart Layering Dies.  I put pop dots under everything for dimension.


The little banners are cut with the MCT ~ Stitched Vintage Label Dies.  The sentiment "Your launch pad or mine?" is from the PKS ~ February 2013 - Kit of the Month. All of the ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  

Challenge #2:  Make a project using a Monochromatic Color Scheme.  It can be any project and any colors as long as it's Monochromatic.  Don't forget your Peachy Keen Stamps!


This is a 6x6 card.  The yellow cardstock is from Recollections. The patterned cardstock for the background and the star is from the Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints collection.  


The stars are stamped with the brand new PKS ~ Star Galaxy Background stamp.  I colored the stars in with Copic ~ Sketch Markers and also added some yellow ~ Stickles to a few of the stars as well.


The super cute star and her sweet little face, as well as the "You are my shining star!" sentiment are from the PKS ~ February 2013 - Kit of the Month.  I used a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen for the eyes and added a little chalk for her cheeks. There are pop dots underneath the star for some dimension.  I also added some more yellow ~ Stickles to the outside of the star.  The banner is cut with the MCT ~ Vintage Stitched Label Dies.  And I curled that a little for more dimension.



Well my creative friends, that's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to the Peachy Keen Connection and join in on the fun!  Also, to see the full release of stamps this month, head on over to Peachy Keen Stamps.  Psssst....I hear there is a SALE going on!!!  Woot!  Woot!

7 comments :

Christine Owens said...

Both of these cards are fantastic. I can't wait for my stamp set to arrive. I plan on entering both challenges. I missed the party last night, worked too late. But took a peek when I got home to see what it was all about. Have a great day --C

snappy scrappy said...

Both are so darn cute!! Lee-Ann :)

TheTulipCollector said...

Super cute my friend. I know what that yellow star card could coordinate with!! Great job.

Beckie said...

MY GOODNESS - you ROCKED 'em. Love both cards.

Be blessed, Beckie

Cindy said...

SUPER job with both cards Cassandra!I LOVE the yellow card with that sweet little star and it is my favorite color,AWESOME job with those robors too!!!:)

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ OMG! Look at these ADORABLE cards! I just LOVE those robots and your coloring is FAB!! The papers and the desing! I LVOE that Gigi did this challenge! Then the star card ~ so CHEERFUL and HAPPY!! LOVE the monochramatic that Janice chose too! WAht fun papers ~ just ADORE it! Well the diet must be slipped at this point ~ can't take it anymore!! AWESOME creations as always!

quilt4fun2 said...

Cute and clever projects. I love the colors. Got to love Peachy Keen!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...