Thursday, February 28, 2013

My Creative Time ~ "Thoughtful Thursday"

Hello everyone!  We are starting a couple of new features over at My Creative Time.  On the Thursday between "Designer Challenges" we will be doing either "Thrifty Thursday" or "Thoughtful Thursday".  And today, it's time for "Thoughtful Thursday".  This is when we will make something for someone else.  It could be Get Well, Congratulations, Encouragement, Cheer Up, etc.  Isn't that such a neat idea?


I made this "Thinking of You" card.  You can never have enough of those on hand.  The white cardstock and green cardstock are from Recollections.  The yellow striped paper in the background is Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints.


I modeled this flower off the shape of a topiary tree I saw in a magazine.  I used the MCT ~ Flower Petal Dies to make all of these super pretty flowers.  All of the patterned papers for the flowers are from the Echo Park ~ Hello Summer collection.  I curled up the petals to add dimension and added little pearls to the centers for some bling.


To create the stem, I used the "Thinking of You" sentiment from the MCT ~ Just A Little Note stamp set.  Since it's a straight stamp, I just angled it on the block to create the fun curve.  The ink is Cottage Ivy ~ Memento Ink.  For the leaves, I used one of the mustache shapes in the MCT ~ What's Growing On? stamp/die set and just cut it in half.  The paper for the leaves is Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints.  And I put the leaves on pop dots for dimension.  At the very bottom of the card, I used the "Love you..." stamp from the MCT ~ This and That stamp set to look like a little bit of grass.


I also put the whole top layer, starting with the green, on pop dots for extra dimension.  That's it.  So pretty and ready for Spring.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I will see you all again soon.  Have a great day my creative friends!

17 comments :

Gina said...

Beautiful!

Joan Smith said...

Oh gosh Cassandra your flower made up of minnie flower how clever I love it and love the paper you used girl you are so talented and bring so much creativity to the crafting table thanks always!!

Diana said...

Cassandra, this and you are amazing. Your card is so stunning. TFS!

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous, love the flower top using dies and the stem sentiment!! Lee-Ann :)

CherylB said...

What a cute way you did the stem! I love that...might have to steal...lol. Great job!

Kristi said...

I have to pin this cutie card to my Cards to Make, I simply love it!
Kristi

TheTulipCollector said...

Mustache leaves!!! Brilliant! This is a happy looking card. Yellow always makes me smile.

Brenda said...

you amaze me!! I love this card! and how you did every little thing!! beautiful!!

Craft Me This said...

Love what you did with this.

Missy said...

This is incredible, you need to get it published---your layered flowers and how you did the stem are just super!!

Cathryn said...

Beautiful design Cassandra! Perfect for spring! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

lindagk23 said...

Omgosh Cassandra your card is so adorable! I love your beautiful card! You did an awesome job!

quilt4fun2 said...

Oh My! I like the mustache for the leaves and the curvy stem. The love you along the bottom is a nice touch! I think the flower reminds me of a hydrangea :D Great card.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Susie Craft Happy! said...

Beautifully clever Cassandra!! Love the way you did the petals to your flower, and the way you placed the stamps...so super cute!

Kim H said...

Casandra ~ Oh my I ADORE this!!! So BEAUTIFUL, CAS and CLEVER!!! Totally lifting this idea for sure!!! Plus the papers are so cheerful and happy!!!

Shelly said...

Cassandra, This is so PRETTY! I love how you designed this!
Fabulous!!
Have a GREAT weekend!
Shelly

Cindy said...

Your card is just BEAUTIFUL Cassandra!I LOVE it,SUPER job with it!!!Have a great weekend my friend!!!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...