Thursday, February 21, 2013

My Creative Time ~ "Designer's Challenge" : Nancy

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "Designer's Challenge" with My Creative Time.


The featured Designer for this challenge is the talented Miss Nancy.  The guidelines for this challenge: Make a project of your choice and include a "memento" - that could be anything - a ticket stub, a brochure or any other item that means something special to you.


This challenge was a little harder than I thought it was going to be.  It seems the older I get, the less mementos I keep...maybe it's a de-clutter thing...lol.  So the memento I chose was this little flower holder from my wedding.  It's called the "Be Mine bud vase" and it was the centerpiece at our Bride & Groom table (with real flowers in it of course).  And it's always been special to me because "Be Mine" is a sweet little phrase that my husband always says to me.  Awwwww!  I know...corny, but I love it!!!


I've always wanted to make some flowers to put in it and this was the perfect time.  I used the MCT ~ Rolled Flower Dies to make the beautiful little roses.  The patterned paper is from the Echo Park ~ Love Story collection.  I curled the petals a bit and added a Queen & Co. ~ Twinkle Goosebump to the center.  To make the little tag, I used the MCT ~ Teeny Tag Greetings stamp/die set.  The ink is red ~ Technique Tuesday ink.  And I added a simple little bow with some white floss and a little red heart gem from my stash.


That's it.  Super simple, but very special.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  And look around your house to pull out your favorite mementos.  I can't wait to see what you all make.  You will have two weeks to join in on the challenge and link up your project.  Have a great day my creative friends!

12 comments :

Joan Smith said...

Awww how sweet not corny so romantic I love what you used and created it is beautiful I love your sweet story too.

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty...love your flowers!! Lee-Ann :)

Crafting Katie said...

This is beautiful, Cassandra! Love the flowers with the bling in the center! What a great way to showcase your special vase!

Cindy said...

BEAUTIFUL job with your project Cassandra,your flowers are so PRETTY!!!:)

Christine Owens said...

Love those flowers. And love the vase too. TFS --C

quilt4fun2 said...

Your flowers look beautiful in the vase. The centers are so pretty too. The meaning and memory is so special...This should be out on display.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ totally NOT CORNY AT ALL ~ SIMPLY beautiful! The flowers are gorgoeus with the little center piece gumpdrops. The vase from your weding was the PERFECT thing to use!

Scrapping Out Of Control said...

This is beautiful Cassandra! I love it! Can you come and de-clutter my house?? I have tons of stuff! lol! Great job on the challenge my friend. hugs

Terri said...

I'm lovin' those flowers. This is a very pretty project. Thanks for sharing, I am so inspired now.

If you have time, drop by my blog, I would love it if gave a look.

http://catchingmemories-terri.blogspot.com

Jess said...

Wow...this is really adorable. You have inspired me to take my wedding vase and create something.
Thanks for sharing!
Jess
http://craftingwithjes.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Gorgeous project! Love the flowers and the bling looks awesome! Beautiful flower holder!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Kristi said...

I love this! So pretty!
Kristi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...