Monday, January 28, 2013

"Scrapping the Little Things" with MCT

Hello everyone!  And welcome back to another edition of "Scrapping the Little Things" with My Creative Time. For those of you who may be new to this, it's when we focus on creating Project Life or Smash Book layouts, or any other simple layout.  


Ok, I have to admit that my layout today is not really that 'simple', but I made this as a gift for my husband's niece who is getting ready to have her first baby.  And growing up with a mother as a photographer, I always like to remember the importance of the photographs and the memories they hold. So this is a layout highlighting 4 generations of women in my husband's family.  


Absolutely everything on this layout is made with My Creative Time products ~ WOOT! WOOT!  The pink cardstock in the background is from Bazzill.  The black and the white cardstock are from Recollections.  All of the other pink patterned papers are from the Doodlebug Design ~ Sugar & Spice collection.  


The "it's a girl" title is made with the MCT ~ Lowercase Fun Dies.  I added a couple of little black gems to dot the 'i's and also did a little pen work with a black ~ Zig Writer pen.  The two beautiful hearts are cut with the MCT ~ Stitched Scallop Heart Die.  I used a couple of different sizes of pop dots under the two hearts for dimension.  I left out the center heart so they can add photos in there.  The beautiful bow is made with Celebrate It ~ Sheer Creations ribbon.  


The "introducing to you for the 1st time..." sentiment is from the MCT ~ All Star Baby stamp set.  The "daughter" and the label it's stamped on are from the MCT ~ Just Simply Live stamp set.  I used some pop dots under the label for dimension.  All of the little hearts there at the bottom are actually the center hearts cut from using the MCT ~ Stitched Scallop Heart Die.  The "name", "date", "time", "weight", and "inches" are all from the MCT ~ All Star Baby stamp set.


Three of the four generations.  I can't wait to see the whole layout with the fourth generation photo added.   Takes my breath away.


The frame around each photo is cut with the polaroid die in the MCT ~ Just Simply Live stamp set.


I used the alphabet stamps in the MCT ~ Just Simply Live stamp set to  identify each photo.  The labels are cut with the label die in the same stamp set.  I used pop dots under each label for dimension.


All of the flowers were created using the MCT ~ Flower Petal Dies.  I curled  up each petal.  And also added a black gem to the center of each flower.  


If you look closely, you can see that I used the smallest flower and the smallest gem for the first photo, then two flowers with a larger gem for the second photo and finally all three flowers with the largest gem for the third photo.  I thought that would really emphasize the generations a little.


Well my creative friends, that's it for me today.  I plan to get a 12x12 scrapbook photo frame before I give it away.  I just LOVE how it turned out...so soft and pretty.  :)

Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I will see you all again soon.  Have a great day!

20 comments :

Joan Smith said...

Oh Cassandra what a treasure of a LO Whoa it took my breath away and I must say shed a few tears too this kind of thing just touches my heart. You did one awesome job on creating this love how the hearts came together also how you used the ribbon and flowers not forget your sweet journaling with stamps love it so much gosh darn girl you are so very talented.

Crafting Katie said...

Okay, this has to be the prettiest layout I've ever seen! What a fabulous idea and something that will be treasured forever! I love what you did with the flowers, and you found all of the perfect MCT products to create this page!

CherylB said...

This is simply beautiful! Wow! I love the color pallet and papers first off. And those hearts! Omg...so very pretty. Great job on this! She will LOVE it.

TheTulipCollector said...

Beautiful! I love everything about this LO. As someone who cherishes multi-generational family memories. This is so pretty.

liz at liz's paper loft said...

what a beautiful layout!

Cindy said...

WOW Cassandra,this layout is AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL!all the details are perfecr and I LOVE the pretty flowers,Have a SUPER day my sweet friend!!!:)

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful LO!!! Lee-Ann :)

Brenda said...

absolutely love this layout!! beautiful! and congrats to your cousin!!

Cathryn said...

This is so precious and beautiful. Wha a beautiful gift to receive! Congrats on your coming new family member! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

Christine said...

I love how you layered your flowers into generations. This is a beautiful LO my friend!!! --C

Scrapping Out Of Control said...

This is a gorgeous layout Cassandra! I love how you put it all together!!!!What a great memory to have forever! Great job

Jeri said...

I just love, love, love this LO. I'll be a great grandma for the first time this year. I'm really hoping to get a five generation photo when the new baby gets here. My mother, me, my daughter, my granddaughter and new great granddaughter. Won't that be something? I can hardly wait to incorporate some of your design into my own LO. Thanks for the inspiration.

quilt4fun2 said...

So much thought and meaning put into this beautiful layout...love the flowers idea...leaving space for pics in the hearts...having hearts to journal date and time etc. Super duper job! Your Neice will love this.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ I think this is the most thoughtful things EVER!! Not only because you made this AMAZING and GORGEOUS layout but because you have all 4 generations of woman!! I just LOVE that idea more than woreds!! All the liuttle details to the big details and of course the paper! AWESOME as always!

Brenda said...

OMGosh I love this Cassandra! This is the perfect gift! I love how you put all the women's pics on this and I love the soft pretty colors you used as well as all the MCT products-beautiful, just beautiful!!!

Lisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous. What a beautiful page and I'm sure it will be treasured.

Rosie said...

WOW! that is an awesome gift to give. i might have to scraplift it. i love it

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

My Creative Time said...

Miss Cassandra , this is my FAVORITE project from you ever! This is BEAUTIFUL!
Big hugs!

Sherrie K. said...

This is AMAZING!! It should be framed...fabulous details and lovely design!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Susie Craft Happy! said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Susie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...