Monday, January 21, 2013

"Scrapping the Little Things" with MCT

Hello everyone and Happy Monday!  It's time for "Scrapping the Little Things" with My Creative Time.  For those of you who may be new to this, it's when we focus on creating Project Life or Smash Book layouts, or any other simple layout. Today, I am getting back to my most FAVORITE thing to scrapbook ~ Disneyland!!!


These are two simple 8x8 layouts.  But believe it or not, I used 4 different My Creative Time products.  :)  


The yellow patterned cardstock in the background is from Lickety Split Scrapbooks.  I used pop dots behind the color photo of Donald Duck for a little dimension.  And the arrow is from the MCT ~ Just Simply Live stamp set.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink and I used a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen to color in the polka dots.    


To make the "donald duck" title, I used the MCT ~ Lowercase Fun Dies.  Both the black and blue cardstock are from Recollections.  To achieve the shadow look, I layered the blue letters just off to the side of the black letters.  Then I used pop dots behind "donald" for a little dimension.  The ribbon is from my stash.


For this page, I decided to do some fun Donald Duck trivia.   :)


All of the frames are created with the MCT ~ Stitched Postage Frame Die.  The cardstock for them is from the Coredinations ~ Vintage Collection.


The "Did you know?" title is made with the alphabet stamps in the MCT ~ Just Simply Live stamp set.  To make the little Mickey head, I just used two different sizes of red gems.  I also elevated this one with pop dots to make it stand out just a little more.


For all of the little fun facts, I simply printed them out from my computer onto white cardstock.


The fun anchor is cut from the Mickey & Friends ~ Cricut Cartridge.  I put that on pop dots for more dimension.  The flowers are cut with the MCT ~ Flower Petal Dies.  The polka dot paper is from Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints.  The black cardstock is from Recollections.  In the center of the flower is a little button from my stash.  And in the center of the button is a little yellow gem.


Well my creative friends, that's it for me today.  I hope my fun Disney layout inspires you to work on your own scrapbook pages today.  Make sure to head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. Have a great day!  I will see you all again soon.

20 comments :

Christine said...

Love this LO. I think it's your best yet. From the way you added the two little B&W photos beside your large color photo to the trivia. Great Job My Friend! TFS --C

Cathryn said...

This looks beautiful Cassandra! Love the colors and "facts"! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

CherylB said...

Super cute pages!!! Love how you did your letters...wish I had done that. Very nice!

Crafting Katie said...

So cute, Cassandra! I love how you turned "donald duck" into a crossword! The postage frame is perfect for your journaling too!

TheTulipCollector said...

Great LO. I love the trivia and the Mickey Head made with the gems. Really cute.

snappy scrappy said...

Fabulous Donald LO!!! Lee-Ann :)

Court said...

SUPER cute way to use the postage stamp die!!! LOVE it! So happy to be on the DT with you! :)

Maureen Reiss said...

Super cute!!

Brenda said...

this layout is so cute! great job!

Cindy said...

SUPER job with your great layouts Cassandra!Donald Ducks pics are just too CUTE,I LOVE all the great details you added my friend!!!:)

Lady Fair said...

Cute LO, love how you laid out the Donald Duck. The trivia was fun, too!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

cassandra, what a fun layout! great minds think alike...or at least really love the happiest place on earth!!!!

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ OMG ~ so flippin CUTE!! I LOVE that you did my favorite character ever ~ Donald Duck!!! I just adore him!! LOVE the fun facts you framed ~ CLEVER and all the elements!!! It is the happiest place on Earth!! AWESOME job!!

quilt4fun2 said...

Great job! Your pages are wonderful! I like the design of your pages and embellishments. The gem Mickey head is clever.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Joan Smith said...

Oh WOW your LO's are awesome gosh you did one fantastic job I love it when you guys scrapbook 'cause that's my passion and you sure know how to scrap....gosh you are so talented can't wait 2 C more of it in the future weeks. Thanks!!!

Sherrie K. said...

Gorgeous Disney layouts and so fun! You filled them with such great detail. I love the lowercase letters-awesome job!

Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Loza's Hair Studio said...

I loves these Cassandra!!! I love Donald Duck!!!! Great job! hugs

scrappinlil said...

This is so cute...I love Donald and I love your journaling posts. Thanks for sharing...I am now a follower of your blog. Here is my blog if you would love to stop by...http://scrappinlilscreativeside.blogspot.com/

My Creative Time said...

I just LOVE your layout Missy!!! AWESOME job my sweet friend!:)
HUGS,
Emma;)

Brenda said...

BEAUTIFUL! I also LOVE Disney!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...