Thursday, January 24, 2013

PKS ~ Challenge 13-4 "Just Cards : Heart of Hearts"

Hello everyone!  It's time for a new challenge over at Peachy Keen Stamps.  This week's challenge is "Just Cards : Heart of Hearts".  The guidelines for this challenge: Create a card using hearts.  Design must be new and must include Peachy Keen Stamps to win Top Peach.


This is a sweet little Valentine's card.  The red card base is from Recollections.  All of the other patterned papers are from the Carta Bella ~ Devoted collection.


The beautiful little bouquet of flowers is from the PKS ~ Say It With Flowers stamp set.  I colored them in with Copic ~ Sketch Markers (still working on my technique, but I think they turned out ok).  I put them on pop dots for dimension and to help them stand out a little.  The "I love you" and "Happy Valentine's Day!" sentiments are from the PKS ~ January 2012 Kit of the Month.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


The beautiful hearts are cut with my favorite new MCT ~ Stitched Scallop Heart Die.  I used pop dots behind the hearts for even more dimension.  And the soft little bow is made with Celebrate It ~ Sheer Creations ribbon.


That's it for me today. Make sure you head on over to the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge Blog to see what the rest of the Design Team has made and to check out all the other challenge entries.  Hope to see your entry there too!   ;)   So join in on the fun!  You will be glad you did!!!

14 comments :

Kate said...

This is Gorgeous. The paper you used is perfect. Love the heart the flowers just brightened up your whole card.

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty...love the colours!! Lee-Ann :)

Brenda said...

this is beautiful!! love the colors!

Tanya/Nonna said...

What a sweet, beautiful card! I love the bouquet of flowers- just gorgeous!

Cindy said...

Your card is just BEAUTIFUL my sweet friend!I LOVE the papers and the pretty flowers,GORGEOUS!!!Have a great weekend!!!:)

GiGi said...

Gorgeous card Cassandra! The scallop heart is wonderful and you colored the flowers beautifully!

Christine said...

Your flowers turned out great. I love the colors and the 'blending'. I haven't even gone there yet with copics...that's another year. lol I'm enjoying paper piecing now. TFS Hugs, --C

Melissa said...

That is a nice heart die from Emma. Very Pretty!

Creative M said...

A GORGEOUS card!

LuvScrappingTogether said...

This is just beautiful, Cassandra! ~Hugs, Saundra :)

quilt4fun2 said...

Your coloring looks so pretty and I love the way the heart die looks so lacy. Great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

TheTulipCollector said...

Very pretty! Love the colors!

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ oh your card is so BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE that paper and the design!!! Your coloring of the bouquet is PERFECT!! I like how you did the sentiment going up the heart too! Awesomeas always!

Sherrie K. said...

GORGEOUS card! I love the papers and the scalloped heart is beautiful! The polka dot paper and the striped look fabulous together!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...