Sunday, January 6, 2013

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Jan. Release

Hello everyone!  This past Saturday, Peachy Keen Stamps revealed their January Stamp Release and boy are you in for a treat!!  If you haven't seen them yet, click here to go check them out.

Since it's the beginning of the year, I like to make a few Birthday Cards to get ready in case you need one at the last minute. Here is my first one:


The solid brown cardstock and the solid blue cardstock are from Recollections.  The patterned paper in the background is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Baby Boy collection.  I used a Spellbinders ~ Nestabilities Die to cut the scalloped oval shape. And for some sparkle, I used EK Success ~ Sticko stickers (they're kinda hard to see, but up close they are  sparkly).


For my cute little bear, I used the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ SVG files for this release and my Cameo.  The little bear is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ January 2013 - Kit of the Month.  Now before you laugh at him ~ ok, go ahead and laugh --- LOL --- I used Copic ~ Sketch Markers to color him in. I was trying to make him look shaggy, but instead I think he looks a little like a leopard.  ;)  Oh well, either way I think he's a cutie!  The "Happy Birthday!" sentiment is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Happy Birthday - Big stamp set.  


This fun sentiment with the super cute font is also from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Happy Birthday - Big stamp set.  The ink for all the stamping is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.  I added some stitching around the border of the card with a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen.


The hemp twine is from Liz's Paper Loft Boutique.  And the button and white floss are from my stash.  For dimension, I put pop dots behind everything.  (It always looks better with dimension!!!)

Well, that's it for today.  Make sure you head on over to Peachy Keen Stamps to see all the new sets in the January Release.  I will see you all again tomorrow.  Have a great day!

9 comments :

snappy scrappy said...

So cute as always...love it!! Lee-Ann :)

liz at liz's paper loft said...

cassandra, the is just "beary adorable"!

TheTulipCollector said...

Super cute! That bear is awesome.

Christine said...

I love how he's looking over the sign "happy birthday"! Great job on coloring him in too! --C

quilt4fun2 said...

Measles or Chicken Pox?? Too cute and does look like he is furry! The stamps have a great font. I should do some ahead cards also.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Tanya/Nonna said...

Absolutely darling! He is a cutie pie and I love that little twig of hair - so sweet!

Kate said...

Aww to cute.

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ ADORABLE!!!! I LOVe that little CUTIE and the papers are so FUN too!! The hemp isthe PERFECT touch and of course the sentiment!! Too FLIPPIN CUTE!!!

Sherrie K. said...

Adorable card! Love that awesome little bear!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...