Thursday, January 10, 2013

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge 13-2 : Sketch Challenge

Hello everyone!  It's time for the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge 13-2 : Sketch Challenge.  The guidelines for this challenge: Create a card or layout of your choice following the sketch provided.  Design must be new and must include Peachy Keen Stamps to win.

Here is the sketch:


And here is my card:


This is a fun 6x6 card.  The solid black cardstock and the solid pink cardstock are from Recollections. All of the patterned papers are from the Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints collection and the Recollections ~ Bold Basics collection.


The super duper cute candles are from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ December 2012 : Kit of the Month.  I used the SVGs files and my Cameo to cut them out (I just love the perfect border and using the SVGs makes the stamping a breeze!)


I colored in the flame part of the candles with Copic ~ Sketch Markers.  And I used a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen for accents to the cheeks.


I added some Glossy Accents to the eyes.  And of course, for a little bling, I added yellow ~ Stickles to the tips of the flames. For dimension, I added pop dots behind all the candles.


The pretty ribbon, button and flower gem are from my stash. The little pink label was cut with an SVG file from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Happy Snowman with Label.  The "Happy Birthday!" sentiment is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ December 2012 : Kit of the Month.  All of the ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


That's it for me today.  I just LOVE these candles!!!  Don't they just make you smile???  Make sure you head on over to the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge Blog and join in on the fun.  You have until January 16th at 11:59 EST to link up.  I can't wait to see what you make!!!  Have a great day everyone. I will see you all again soon.

13 comments :

Viv said...

Ha Ha! I loved your candles the minute I set eyes on 'em Cassandra! They are MAGIC! Those cheeky faces and the sparkle on the tip of the flames! Wonderful stuff!
Hugs Viv xxx

Christine said...

I love these candles too. I just used my candles for the first time last night. I have to tell you I'm totally stuck on paper piecing now LOL Now I just need to get a cameo! TFS --C

sweetpeaemmalou said...

Very pretty card! Love your candles. Each one has a great personality!

snappy scrappy said...

Too cute...love the candles!! Lee-Ann :)

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

The card is Flamming Fabulous! Great Job Cassandra. Keep it up my friend. Smooches...

quilt4fun2 said...

I love these candles! They make the Happy in Birthday for sure :D Great card.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Cindy said...

Your card is sooo SUPER CUTE Cassandra!AWESOME job paper piecing your sweet little candles,TOO CUTE my friend!!!:)

Diana said...

Love your card and the way you did your bling! the bow is pretty too! TFS!

Robin said...

your card is adorable. New follower here :)
would love you to return the follow!

http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/

Robin

Creative M said...

Cute!Cute!Cute!I hope I can get a Super Duper Card like this on my Bday!!
Have a Wonderful Weekend,
Migdalia

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Oh how CUTE!!! I LOVE the festive papers you used ~ makes me smile!! I would never blow these candles out ~ TOO ADORBS!! PERFECT bow too! Awesome as always!

Maureen Reiss said...

Love your card!! So bright and cheerful! Great paper piecing!!

TheTulipCollector said...

Very cute! They remind me of Lumiere from Beauty and the Beast! Very cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...