Monday, January 7, 2013

Peachy Keen Connection ~ January Release Challenge

Hello everyone!  By now, I'm sure you have seen the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ January Stamp Release.  And over at the Peachy Keen Connection, they are having a a fun challenge and there is still time to enter!

The guidelines for this challenge: It's a New Year, so this challenge will be a "New Challenge".  When making your creations, use anything "NEW".  This can include stamps, embellishments, paper, or whatever you'd like!  Just break out the new stuff and HAVE FUN!!

Here is another Birthday Card that I made with my NEW stamp set:


The black and the pink cardstock are from Recollections.  The gray patterned paper in the background is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Forever & Always collection.  The ribbon is from Paper Trey Ink and the brad in the center is from my stash.


The "Happy Birthday!" sentiment, and the cake and cupcakes are all from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Happy Birthday Kids stamp set.  The tag for the sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Vintage Stitched Label Dies.  I curled it for some fun dimension.


I colored in all the treats with Copic ~ Sketch Markers.  I added some Recollections ~ pearls and some Star Dust ~ Stickles to the cake.  I added Glossy Accents to the cupcakes to look more like some yummy frosting.  And for the flames on all the candles, I added yellow ~ Stickles.  Of course, I had to use pop dots behind the treats for dimension.  ;)


Well that's it for today.  Another quick and simple Birthday Card.  Make sure you head on over to the Peachy Keen Connection to see the rest of the challenge entries and hopefully enter one for yourself too.  ;)   Can't wait to see what you make!!

8 comments :

snappy scrappy said...

So cute , great colouring! Lee-Ann :)

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ What a FABULOUS birthday card! The cake and cup cakes are colored PERFECTLY!! LOVE how you added glossy accents to the cupcakes too! You used my new favorite die from MCT too!! Have a wonderful day!!!

Tanya/Nonna said...

I just love this super sweet card! Such fun, yummy images and I LOVE the pink and black combo - so pretty!

Christine said...

Just love the pink n black together. Hmmm, I see in my future pink n black bd cards this year LOL --C

Sherrie K. said...

Great color combo! Love the design!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

quilt4fun2 said...

A very beautiful Birthday card for some lucky girl :D Very nice job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Maureen Reiss said...

Really cute card!

Susie Craft Happy! said...

Super cute card! Love the little cupckes...just precious!

Susie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...