Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Happy Birthday!


Hello everyone!  Guess what??  It's my day to post over at the Peachy Keen Stamps Blog.  Here is a fun Birthday Card I made using the PKS ~ January 2013 - Kit of the Month:


I don't know about you all, but sometimes I like to look at stamps and see how I can use them in different ways.  For this fun little card, I took the Love Lollipop stamp and cut off the sticks - leaving the leftover hearts to use as 'flower petals'.

The black card base is from Recollections.  The polka dot background paper is from the Carta Bell ~ Devoted collection.


Here is a closer look.  I used 3 different colors of ink for the petals: Technique Tuesday ~ red, rosequartz and cherry blossom .  Then I curled up the edges of the hearts/petals and adhered them together with pop dots.  (I just love dimension.  It completely changes the look and feel of every project).  In the center, I added a brad from my stash.


For the stem, I used a black pipe cleaner.  I added some pretty polka dot Celebrate It ~ 360 ribbon for the leaves.  And if you look closely under the ribbon, you can see that I stamped the little swirlies for even more leaf definition.


The "Happy Birthday!" sentiment in this kit has the cutest font! Don't you just love it??  In this picture, you can also see that I added some stitching around the border of the card with a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen.


For a cute little touch, I added these fun Jolee's Boutique ~ bee stickers.  Then, I used a black ~ Zig Writer pen to show the bees in 'motion' (this is another great technique to really bring your card to life).

Want to hear a funny little story?  So you know when you look at your project and there's just something missing?  Well, before I added the bees, I was sitting in my room just staring at this card. And my husband came in and asked me what was wrong.  I told him it was 'missing something'.  He came over and looked at it and said "I think it would look great if you added a little bee right there" (pointing to the place where I put the big bee).  He was right.  How's that for a super terrific SCRUBBY?  (aka - 'scrapbooking hubby' as Tammy Skinner from Creative Critterz would say...LOL).


Well that's it for me today.  I hope I have inspired you to make some Birthday Cards of your own to have on hand for the New Year.  Have a great day everyone!


12 comments :

Christine said...

Tell Scrubby, he did a great job. Before he knows it he'll be designing his own card LOL
Yes, I get lots of inspiration seeing how stamps are used for something else. Just love those petals. TFS Have a great day my friend. --C

Houses Built of Cards said...

Just ADORABLE!!! What a creative use of those stamps - and love the colors and cute little bees!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Kim said...

Great card! Glad your "Scrubby" helped you; mine would have said, "making another card?" and walked out, lol.

Love the color scheme and the way you used the stamps in a different way!

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute...love your heart flowers!! Lee-Ann :)

quilt4fun2 said...

Scrubby was right...a bee does look better. Very clever how you made your flowers...love the centers.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Maureen Reiss said...

Wow!! Cute card!! Your "love" flowers are adorable!!

Creative M said...

WOW!!You just blew my pretty little head away!!...LOL...
This is DARLING!!Love how to created your heart flowers!OMG!!
and the bees...This is so AMAZING!!
My boyfriend gets mad when I ask him about my colro combo,but he is very good with that and he is the one who shops at Michaels & buy sme my paper...LOL!He has GREAT taste!
I so ENJOYED your post.
Migdalia

Kate said...

Gorgeous. I love how it turned out so pretty.

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ OMGOSH!! Where does one begin with this?? First I LOVE this!!! Love that you took the lollipops and made flowers ~ CLEVER!!! So clever!! Then you added the swirly things, the ribbon leaves and those ADORABLE leaves!! Totally AWESOME!! Eek!!

TheTulipCollector said...

I love your heart flowers and while I don't think Tammy would say that phrase today LOL it is a good one!

Jovan said...

Beautiful card!

Susie Craft Happy! said...

Cassandra
This is so super cute!!! The bee stickers are so adorable with the heart petals.

Susie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...