Wednesday, January 23, 2013

"3-D Wednesday" with MCT

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "3-D Wednesday" with My Creative Time.  For those of you who are new to this, it's when we usually try to make anything besides a card or a layout.  Today's theme is to make a banner.  I made a banner and goofed and put it on a card...lol.  Oh well, it's still cute!   ;)


The solid brown cardstock is from Recollections.  All of the other pretty patterned papers are from the Doodlebug Design ~ Sugar & Spice collection.


I hung my little banner onto The Twinery ~ Cappuccino Twine with little jump rings.  You can find these little jump rings in the jewelry section at Michaels or maybe Joanns.


The banner pieces and the star bursts are cut with dies in the MCT ~ Build A Banner Kit.  I added little dots to the tips of the star bursts with a brown ~ Zig Writer pen.  And I put the star bursts on pop dots for dimension.


The letters to spell out "baby" are cut with the MCT ~ Lowercase Fun Dies.  I also put them on pop dots for even more dimension.  


The "welcome sweet baby" sentiment is from the MCT ~ All Star Baby stamp set.  I heat embossed it with Versamark ~ Watermark Ink and white ~ Stampendous Embossing Powder.  


The bow is made with Celebrate It ~ Sheer Creations ribbon. And I'm so bummed, because it was the last of that ribbon and I don't think they make it anymore.  :(


Well my creative friends, that's it for me today...my 'not so 3Dish' project.  LOL  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  Have a great day!  I will see you all again tomorrow.

19 comments :

Pamela said...

I LOVE THIS CARD.....U always have such cute projects:0)

CherylB said...

Cassandra, this is soooo cute! Just adorable. I love that ribbon! Colors are fantastic....great job!

Crafting Katie said...

What a precious card, Cassandra!!! Your brown dots on the starburst cuts are the perfect touch - they look like you punched holes! So sweet!!!

Christine said...

Fantastic! I love this card. And those little rings, not sure what you call them...the rings for your banner are a nice added embellishment. I've been inspired --C

Joan Smith said...

Gosh I love your card just everything and love your idea of the jump rings too and the paper is to die for and yiiikes your color choices so perfect....girl I'll tell you I've never seen a goof turn out to be perfect...your creative Angel is watchin' out 4 U 4 sure!!

TheTulipCollector said...

Great card! It is 3D with all the pop dots and it is a banner. So you still have a winner here!!

Leanne said...

Oh how sweet this card is! I LOVE it! I don't think you goofed at all!! Love the banner and the little rings you used!! The paper is adorable! TFS! Hugs, Leanne

Glora said...

This totally has 3D dimension plus she said you could add the banner to a card so you are totally good my friend. Not to mention that this is absolutely ADORABLE! I LOVE everything about this baby card. Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

Craft Me This said...

Love the card, love the ribbon love the color combo.

Shar said...

Oh I love this! The colors are yummy and the banner is just too cute!!!!

Cindy said...

YOur card is FANTASTIC Cassandra!I LOVE the cute little banner and great paper,BEAUTIFUL job my friend!!!:)

Crafty Moni said...

What a sweet baby card:) Love the colors you used.

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Oh no you TOTALLY did goof up at all!! ADORABLE!!! Just LOVE what you did with your banner ~ the papers, the fun colors and oh my how you hung the banner!!! TOTALLY going to lift that idea ~ I LOVE it!!! AWESOME banner card!!!

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous...love the paper and patterns...too cute!! Lee-Ann :)

quilt4fun2 said...

Sorry you are at the end of that beautiful dot ribbon :( Your card turned out so beautiful! Love the banner and the white embossing. Great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Jennifer said...

Hi Cassandra,

Your baby card is BEAUTIFUL...so sophisticated!!! :) I love the colors and paper and the way you drew the brown dots on the sunbursts! I would be bummed to be out of that ribbon, too. ;)

Thank you so much for taking the time to share!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

Cathryn said...

Beautiful Cassandra! I love the coordinating papers, you put them together perfectly!!! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

My Creative Time said...

Your card came out SOOOOO PRETTY! GREAT job my friend!
BIG HUGS,
Emma;)

Brenda said...

beautiful!! love the colors!! your eye for color is amazing!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...