Sunday, December 9, 2012

The "12 Days of Christmas" ~ Day 9 with My Creative Time

Hello everyone!  Wowee!  It's already time for Day 9 of the "12 Days of Christmas" with My Creative Time.  Today, I have another fun home decor project.  It didn't turn out exactly like I was envisioning, but I think he's pretty cute.  ;)


Here he is ~ my Mr. Frosty.  Including the base, he stands just a little over 11" tall.  I got the wooden base and vertical wood piece that I attached to Mr. Frosty at Michaels.  


To make the 3 large "snowballs", I used the My Creative Time ~ Scallop & Stitched Circle Dies.  The pretty, shimmery patterned paper for the circles is from the SEI ~ White Elegance collection.  Mr. Frosty's face is from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Winter Face Assortment stamp set.  I cut out the pipe and added a pop dot for dimension.  I used Copic ~ Sketch Markers to color in the nose and pipe.  Even though they are small, I'm loving my shading this time!!!  :)   I added a bit of chalk for cheeks.  The fun hat is from the My Creative Time ~ Here's Lookin' At You stamp/die set. I added Glossy Accents to the hat for a bit of shine and pop dots for dimension.


For the center circles in the bottom two "snowballs", I used the Swiss Dots ~ Cuttlebug Embossing Folder.  Then I added 3 fun buttons and placed little red gems in the center of each button for a bit of color.


The "Merry Christmas" banner is made with the My Creative Time ~ Circle Font stamp set and the small stitched circle die & star burst die from the My Creative Time ~ Build A Banner Kit.  The red & green patterned papers for the star bursts are from the Recollections ~ Sugar Plums collection.  I attached the whole banner to Mr. Frosty with large pop dots for dimension and security.  And then I added some Hemp Twine from Liz's Paper Loft Boutique to make it look like he was holding it with his little pipe cleaner arms.  :)


That's it.  I hope you like him as much as I do.  The more I look at him, the cuter he gets!  ;)

HUGE GIVEAWAY ALERT !
Okay, since it's Christmas, Emma decided to give away TWELVE of her FAVORITE things to ONE LUCKY person!  She will announce one of the prizes for each day in her video.  So by the 12th day, you will see ALL 12 items that ONE lucky person will be receiving.  All you have to do is leave your comments each day!  It's that simple!  ALSO, **VERY IMPORTANT** please leave your contact information so we can contact you "IF" you are the lucky winner.

Well my creative friends, that's it for me for Day 9 of the "12 Days of Christmas".  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  We are headed into the home stretch...I will see you all again tomorrow.

47 comments :

snappy scrappy said...

This is so darn cute...love the banner he's holding!!Lee-Ann :)
leekubinec@gmail.com

Jannie said...

He is snow adorable!! I bet he is every cutier in real life!!
Love how you have used Emma's alphabet!!

Thank you for sharing!

Love
Jannie
www.knutselfrutselen.blogspot.com
jannie.vanbeelen45@gmail.com

jessica said...

This is the cutest snowman EVER!! Love all the dies and stamps you used!! Another FAB day of inspiration!!
TFS :)
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

Crafting Katie said...

Okay, this has to be the cutest thing ever, Cassandra! You are so clever with those dies!!!

Stacy B said...

Your snowman is precious! I think he turned out terrific! Thanks for sharing. I really appreciate all the hard work you and the rest of the DT have put in to making this week spectacular. slbuller at fullchannel dot net

TheTulipCollector said...

Great coloring my friend!! I love the pipe! I love this home decor project.

Maureen Reiss said...

I think he's Super Cute!! Love the shiney paper!! And the "Merry Christmas" really POPS!!!
reissfam10 at aol dot com

Lisa said...

Cassandra, what a darling snowman. I love the versatility of Emma's dies, all you need is imagination, which you always seem to have :)

Evelyn said...

Adorable snowman. tfs
Evelyn
evl14512 at gmail.com

CathyinMN said...

Very cute snowman -- great Christmas home decor! TFS!
tcsobotka at charter dot net

Sue said...

Mr Frosty is super cute.

TFS
Sue
shannegan 16 @ att . net

CA Scrapper said...

Very cute snowman!!! That is an awesome project.

Leslie
cascrapper at gmail dot com

Sue D said...


Mr. Frosty is adorable. I like the Merry Christmas banner.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Dawn said...

What an adorable snowman!
Dawn
DeeGeeScraps at gmail dot com

Patty said...

Wow...you've outdone yourself..quite a cute creation!!

Debbie said...

another great and different use for Emma's dies, thanks for sharing
upnurse at aol dot com

L.B. said...

What a fun fun idea. Love how he turned out..especially the banner and his buttons.

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

This is Snoooow Ah-dorable! Great Job! Smooches... frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com

Alvina said...

Very cute snowman, thanks for sharing.

alvinadiaz@msn.com
alvinascreations.blogspot.com

Diana said...

So very snow-adorable!!! Great job!

bdcampers@msn.com

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Eek ~ he is so FIPPIN CUTE!!! I have no idea what your original vision was but I LOVE this one!! How CLEVER and CUTE!! LOVE the embossing, the die shapes, the banner okay EVERYTHING! Wonder if he ships good?? You have my addy right?? Awesome job!

cm said...

Cassandra - once again, you add new dimensions to 'cute' - because he is cuter than cute! My niece would be ecstatic to have a snowman like this, so if I may, I'll be scraplifting. Thank you for sharing and inspiring!

Houses Built of Cards said...

Adorable snowman! LOVE his little hat!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Marissa said...

So stinkin' cute!

rissaflor atyahoo dotcom

AJ Scrapbooking & Cards said...

Wow I love this you snow guy. He is so cute and fun. TFS AJ-

AJ Scrapbooking & Cards said...

Forgot to leave my email.

AJ Scrapbooking & Cards
jeria22@yahoo.com

Karen B said...

This is so cute.

Anonymous said...

Super cute snowman!
Kelly bloss4@sbcglobal.net

Gaylynn said...

Such a cute snowman. The fonts on the sign look amazing.
http:// blog.NeatThings-Boutique .com
contact@ NeatThings-Boutique dot com

shanry said...

Your Mr. Freosty is just way to cute. TFS with us.
shanryx2@yahoo.com

marg0006 said...

what a super cute idea. Just love the scalloped circles with the Peachy face.

marg0006 at verizon dot

Anonymous said...

Love your snowman. He is so cute.
Michelle
tanner9868@gmail.com

quilt4fun2 said...

The wooden stand is perfect for projects like this...going to look for this one. Great job on this cute winter home décor project. You could switch the banner for just winter time. Love it!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Cindy said...

WOW this is such an ADORABLE project Cassandra!you totally ROCK my friend,SUPER SUPER job as always!!!:)

Momof4inArlington said...

How adorable is he?! I would never have thought to flesh him out using the scalloped circles this way. I don't know how he could have turned out any better!
rjtlkmorris1atgmaildotcom

liz at liz's paper loft said...

wow, you certainly have outdone your self with this snowman! too stinkin' cute!

tina said...

So super adorable. I want to take him him home.

Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

~ Lori ~ said...

WOW....that is super cute! Wonderful job!

alethea said...

NOt sure how it was supposed to turn out but this is so cute!! Love how you have put it all together!!! What a fun project!! HUgsxx

Donna and Sara said...

Your snowman is so cute, your details really made him so darling. Great job. teachermom5@gmail.com

Melissa said...

Cute cute cute!

mzcherub at gmail dot com

Dorcas Troche said...

LOVE this. He's a cutie pie!! Great job. You guys are going to make me go bankrupt!! PKS on the radar.

Dorcas

VICTORIA said...

Your snowman is sooo cute :)
Victoria
win_or_lose52@hotmail.com

Scrappin with the bug said...

FROSTY is so cute. What a cute little decoration.

terri_ski at yahoo dot com

D- said...

Love your snowman. TFS.
dmcardmaker (AOL)

Rose said...

love the snowman! great job!
azcreate2002@gmail.com

Mary Jane said...

Oh he is stinkin' cute!!

stampingl8yattattdotnet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...