Saturday, December 8, 2012

The "12 Days of Christmas" ~ Day 8 with My Creative Time

Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's already time for Day 8 of the "12 Days of Christmas" with My Creative Time!  Are you on creativity overload yet???  I sure hope not.  ;)  I was really going to try hard and not make a card...lol...but I actually had a dream about this one, so I just had to make it!!! (Please tell me that you have crafty dreams too - so that I know I'm not going crazy!!!)


How about another test...can you guess which 5 MCT Products I used???  That's right 5 different MCT Products!!!


Well, let's start with the trees.  They are all made with the ice cream cone die in the My Creative Time ~ Celebrate Good Times stamp/die set.  I just turned it upside down!!  :)  And for the tree bases, I used the neck tie die in the My Creative Time ~ Here's Lookin' At You stamp/die set.  And once again, I just turned it upside down - so all you see is just a little piece.  All of the different patterned papers for the trees and tree bases are from the Recollections ~ Holly Day Wishes collection, the Recollections ~ Sugar Plums collection and the Recollections ~ Jolly Holiday collection.


I used various sizes of pop dots to add dimension to the trees. To make one tree stand out, I added a gold star gem to the top.  

The clouds are cut with the small cloud die in the My Creative Time ~ Fly Away With Me Dies.  The "Sending you" sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Fun Pockets stamp set.  (It's actually part of a longer sentiment, but I taped off the rest since I only wanted these two words).  And the "Tree-mendous Wishes" sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ It's A Magical Season stamp set.  The ink is Rich Cocoa ~ Memento ink.  I used pop dots on the second cloud for dimension.  


The pretty blue starry paper in the background is from the Recollections ~ Blue Christmas collection.  The white shimmery cardstock for the snow is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Serenity collection.  I used a curvy paper trimmer from Creative Memories to cut the snowy mountains.  And again I used some pop dots to give the snowy mountains some dimension.


So how did you do?  Did you get all 5 MCT Products right?  YOU ROCK!!!  Ok, that's the only card...I promise.  ;)   I have a few more fun projects on the agenda.  Can't wait to show you!

HUGE GIVEAWAY ALERT !
Okay, since it's Christmas, Emma decided to give away TWELVE of her FAVORITE things to ONE LUCKY person!  She will announce one of the prizes for each day in her video.  So by the 12th day, you will see ALL 12 items that ONE lucky person will be receiving.  All you have to do is leave your comments each day!  It's that simple!  ALSO, **VERY IMPORTANT** please leave your contact information so we can contact you "IF" you are the lucky winner.

Well my creative friends, that's it for me for Day 8 of the "12 Days of Christmas".  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  Have a great day!  I will see you all again tomorrow! 

49 comments :

Joan Smith said...

Ok Cassandra you are not going crazy I do have creative dreams too gotta say they are the best dreams ever!! Your card ROCKs I really love it I can tell a lot went into it but man oh man it's so cool!!

linda said...

HI You did anice job very smart to use all the different mct.
LindaB
top2kop@hotmail.com.

Cindy said...

AWESOME job with all the different dies Cassandra!your little trees are TOO CUTE and I LOVE all the great pattern paper you used for them,SUPER SUPER job my friend!!!:)

Dorcas Troche said...

This card is adorable! I really love that it tells a little story. LOVE it! Great job!!

Dorcas
dtroche at bellsouth dot net

Lady Fair said...

OMG, Cassandra, you hit this one out of the park, or should I say forrest? Love the trees and all the different green papers you used. I'm borrowing this idea. Thanks for the inspiration. lflinesatcomcastdotnet

Mindy said...

Once again your outside of the box thinking has amazed me. Thanks for sharing. Mindy1qc@msn.com

Alvina said...

Beautiful, beautiful card, I love it, thanks for sharing.

alvinadiaz@msn.com
alvinascreations.blogspot.com

snappy scrappy said...

So cute...love the tree scene!! Lee-Ann :)
leekubinec@gmail.com

Crafting Katie said...

Beautiful, Cassandra! The ice-cream cones make the PERFECT trees! Great idea!!!

SueZee Alg said...

I love your trees and all the texture on them. You could use your idea for any number of tree projects.

Sue D said...

Fabulous card--it is good to follow your dreams!
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

TheTulipCollector said...

You know I dream about my projects!! I love this. So pretty.

Kim H said...

Cassnadra ~ Oh look at your card!! I just ADORE it!! I LOVE the little tree but would have NEVER thought of using the neck ties forthe trunks!! Eek!! Well the papers and the rolling hills of snow are just PERFECT too! Awesome card!!

L.B. said...

Love this forest of trees so so cute as for the crafty dreams....that is why my parents are getting thier gift this year so you are not alone.

Diana said...

OH MY!! This is AMAZING!! You are not crazy, I actually had one of those dreams, my very first!! I love, love, love your card!!

bdcampers@msn.com

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

Love your card. I certainly have crafty dreams at night & during the day. It's a wonder I get any work done. Love this card and your creative genius as always. Smooches...

quilt4fun2 said...

Very clever...I can't believe I could not pick the trees for cones. Great idea and great card.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Stacy B said...

Glad I'm not the only one who wakes up at night with craft thoughts. I was obsessing all last night about getting to Hobby Lobby first thing in the morning to recreate Emma's project from yesterday and trying to calculate how much I would need to make 25 of them. Ugh! Anyway, the card is great and so glad that you share it. I love the color combination. Have a good sleep tonight, can't wait to see what you come up with in the morning. slbuller at fullchannel dot net.

Gaylynn said...

Oh, I like how you made the trees from the cone die. So creative!!!!
http:// blog.NeatThings-Boutique .com
contact@ NeatThings-Boutique dot com

Debbie said...

love the way you did the trees, and i have this die thanks for the inspiration
upnurse at aol dot com

~ Lori ~ said...

Very cool card!!!

Maureen Reiss said...

Very pretty card!! I love all the dimention!!
reissfam10 at aol dot com

Melissa said...

Gr8t job and really like that sentiment!

shanry said...

Love it! TFS your card with all of us.
Shanryx2@yahoo.com

CathyinMN said...

Such a cute card and how creative of you to turn some of the dies upside down to make your trees! TFS!
tcsobotka at charter dot net

CA Scrapper said...

That is a beautiful card! I love that you used the ice cream cone for the trees!!!

Leslie

cascrapper at gmail dot com

Kristi said...

Love these trees in all different greens and patterns. It is TREEMENDOUS! LOL
kidshomelove at yahoo.com

Karen B said...

Love the tree scene. I like how you can see the shadow of the tree as if the sun is shining on them , so cute.

tina said...

Such a cute collection of trees!

Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

Patty said...

Miss Cassandra....I love your Christmas Tree & sentiments!!

alethea said...

This is so beautiful!! I love it and love that sentiment! Hugsxx

marg0006 said...

Wow I just love all the dimension and layering on it. Too, too cute.

marg0006 at verizon dot net

Jannie said...

OMG what a GREAT idea!!! Hope you don't mind if I use it as well, love this die and never thought of being it a Xmas tree, have looked at it to use it as a banner, but this totally works!!
Thank you for sharing!

Love
Jannie
www.knutselfrutselen.blogspot.com
jannie.vanbeelen45@gmail.com

Evelyn said...

Perfect trees and love the layers. tfs
Evelyn
evl14512 at gmail.com

Sue said...

Very pretty Card.

TFS
Sue
shannegan 16 @ att . net

Dawn said...

I love this card. So adorable!
Dawn
DeeGeeScraps at gmail dot com

Houses Built of Cards said...

I totally have dreams about cards too! So you're not crazy! And this one is darling! Great use of those different dies!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Marissa said...

WOW!!! You really outdid yourself! This card is gorgeous!! I love the simplicity of it...and your creativity - simply genius to use the ice cream cone base!!!!

rissaflor atyahoo dotcom

AJ Scrapbooking & Cards said...

Such a beautiful card. I love the trees and how you placed your sentiment in each cloud. TFS AJ-

AJ Scrapbooking & Cards said...

I forgot I was to leave my email:

AJ Scrapbooking & Cards
jeria22@yahoo.com

cm said...

I wish my 'crafting dreams' would translate into projects as gorgeous as yours!! These trees are exponentially adorable! Thank you for sharing and inspiring.

Momof4inArlington said...

So obvious, yet so genius! Don't worry, you're not alone with the crafty dreams! Also, I think Emma mentioned some of her own the other day. You're definitely in good company!
rjtlkmorris1atgmaildotcom

liz at liz's paper loft said...

darling card Cassandra!

Nancy said...

I swear Cassandra you are so clever! The ice cream cones? The ties? You make me sick! Ha ha just kidding! I love the layering of the snow hills! LOVE!

Donna and Sara said...

Really loved how you created this forest of trees. Love the depth and the sentiment is perfect. Great job. teachermom5@gmail.com

VICTORIA said...

Beautiful Card Cassandra :)
Victoria
win_or_lose52@hotmail.com

Scrappin with the bug said...

Very elegant and very cool. Love the trees.

terri_ski at yahoo dot com

Rose said...

love the card! thanks for keeping us inspired.
azcreate2002@gmail.com

Mary Jane said...

The layers of snow is a great idea. LUV it!

stampingl8yatattdotnet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...