Thursday, December 6, 2012

The "12 Days of Christmas" ~ Day 6 with My Creative Time

Hello everyone!  And welcome back for Day 6 of the "12 Days of Christmas" with My Creative Time.  I can't believe it's Day 6 already!!!  I hope you have enjoyed everything so far and are just filling up with all kinds of creative ideas for your holidays!  Today, I'm back with another fun treat/gift idea.


These are fun Hot Chocolate Treat ideas.  They could be great for neighbor or office gifts.  And they are super easy to make!!!


First off, start with a cone-like baggie.  These are the ones that you use for icing a cake which you can get at Michaels or Joanns or any cake store or supply place.  Next, fill with hot chocolate mix and marshmallows.  I didn't do it with these ones, but you can also add a chocolate/mint stir stick if you want too.


To tie them shut really good, I used a twist tie first and then added my ribbon and accessories.


I would also suggest not putting them together until right before you plan to give them away, because you don't want your marmallows to get hard.


Now for the fun part . . . the cute decor!!!  For the tags, I used the banner dies in the the My Creative Time ~ Build A Banner Kit.  The cardstock is from the Recollections ~ Holly Day Wishes collection.  The "Warm Holiday Wishes" sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ Mixed Holiday Sentiments stamp set.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


The pretty bows are made with Celebrate It ~ Ribbon Boutique ribbon.  I attached the tags with hemp twine from Liz's Paper Loft Boutique.  And the little jingle bells are from my stash.


That's it.  Seriously, maybe just a few minutes to put together. And oh so yummy too!  I don't know if any of you are like me, but I am one of those weirdos who not only doesn't like to drink coffee, but I can't even stand the smell of it.  LOL.  Hot chocolate on the other hand is a different story!  ;)

HUGE GIVEAWAY ALERT !
Okay, since it's Christmas, Emma decided to give away TWELVE of her FAVORITE things to ONE LUCKY person!  She will announce one of the prizes for each day in her video.  So by the 12th day, you will see ALL 12 items that ONE lucky person will be receiving.  All you have to do is leave your comments each day!  It's that simple!  ALSO, **VERY IMPORTANT** please leave your contact information so we can contact you "IF" you are the lucky winner.

Well my creative friends, that's it for me for Day 6 of the "12 Days of Christmas".  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  

61 comments :

Joan Smith said...

What a yuuuuuumy idea :) and who wouldn't just love to receive a fun gift like this....TFS!!!!

Christine said...

The players club LOVES to drink hot cocoa :-)....this is a fun, easy, and inexpensive idea to do for them. Thanks for the inspiration...they turned out great! --C

christinescreativecards@gmail.com

linda said...

HI Great idea you are doing a great job.
LindaB
top2kop@hotmail.com

AJ Scrapbooking & Cards said...

Awesome Coco treats. I love the ribbons used and the tags are so fun. TFS AJ-

AJ Scrapbooking & Cards
jeria22@yahoo.com

jessica said...

What a GREAT idea!! And you packaged them so cute!!!
LOVE the embellishments you added to the bow as well!!
another GREAT project!!
TFS
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

Stacy B said...

Love these little cocoa bags! So cute and festive and a great gift to give at the holidays! Thanks for sharing.

snappy scrappy said...

Yum...great presentation too! Lee-Ann :)
leekubinec@gmail.com

Dorcas Troche said...

What an adorable way to package this! I love everything you create, my friend.

Dorcas
dtroche at bellsouth dot net

Brenda said...

Love these cute cones of hot chocolate! I don't think coffee either, just don't like it! But I do love a cup of hot chocolate when it is cold out and when we go out for breakfast. lol
bsl60 at embarqmail dot com

Tracy said...

Love this idea and very pretty! TFS!

Tracy
trawat1972@gmail.com

Mary said...

Very pretty,what a great idea!guillotma@bellsouth.net

lmkindell1 said...

What a fun little gift.
linda
lmkindell1@verizon.net

Houses Built of Cards said...

So pretty! LOVE the ribbon you used for your bows! GORGEOUS!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

CathyinMN said...

What a great quick gift, and the gift tag is so nice on the top. Love the bows. TFS!
tcsobotka at charter dot net

Kristi said...

These are gorgeous! I love the ribbon. I noticed the tags right away. I am going to have to have a shopping spree at MCT!
kidshomelove at yahoo.com

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

Just Smooching by to say these look sooo yummy. I Loves Me some Hot Chocolate that's why I married him (LOL)

Gaylynn said...

Oooh the tags with the bows look so pretty.
http:// blog.NeatThings-Boutique .com
contact @NeatThings-Boutique .com

SueZee Alg said...

Cute gift idea. I could see this as a gift topper.

Mindy said...

Ive seen these little hot chocolate kits around but, I think its the tags and the beautiful bows that make yours stand out. thanks for sharing Mindy1qc@msn.com

Anonymous said...

Love this cute and simple gift.
Thanks for sharing,
Michelle
tanner9868@gmail.com

Lala's world said...

Yum hot chocolate with marshmallows.

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ OMG! What a CUTE and CLEVER gift idea!! Eek!! Well the stamps and dies you used are so CUTE and PERFECT! But that ribbon ~ Oh my I need that ribbon ~ both kinds!!! Of course I love the hemp too!!! You have my addy right! The bow BTW are PERFECT!!!! LOVE this idea!!!

cm said...

These are so pretty, I'm not sure I'd want to open them up! Wait...hot chocolate and marshmallows inside...yep, diving in. And the bows+tags = another Christmas tree decoration. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful gift idea.

quilt4fun2 said...

The ribbon dresses up everything perfectly. Great job on a quick gift idea!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Annette Moran said...

What a cute idea! love your sentiment stamp and you make beautiful bows! armoran64@gmail.com

CA Scrapper said...

These are adorable. I might have to make some for the people in my office. Thanks for all you do.

Leslie

cascrapper at gmail dot com

Maureen Reiss said...

These are gorgeous!! That ribbon is soooo pretty!!
reissfam10 at aol dot com

Diana said...

A great idea for Bible Study group, neighbors, anyone! TFS! Love your ribbon!

bdcampers@msn.com

Cindy said...

SUPER job Cassandra with your gift idea!I LOVE the pretty bow and the cute little tags,AWESOME job as always my friend!!!:)

Patty said...

These are so cute..love the festive bow prints!

TheTulipCollector said...

Super smart using the icing bags! I love these little foodie favors. Great job.

Shelly said...

So SUPER cute! What a great gift Cassandra!
Have a GREAT evening!
Shelly
http://mypaperlove.blogspot.com/

Sue D said...

Very cute gift idea--I like the bows and the jingle bells.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

VICTORIA said...

I love this idea Cassandra. Kinda looks like an ice cream cone you know the waffle kind. Yum :)
Victoria
win_or_lose52@hotmail.com

Sue said...

Super cute these are great gift ideas.

TFS
Sue
shannegan 16 @ att . net

Karen B said...

These are so cute. Love those bows.

Angel Johns said...

Great idea! Love the ribbon! Thanks for sharing.

Angel
calebsmommy1031@gmail.com

PoJo said...

Love your ideas!

cal8007 said...

I'm loving that ribbon - great ideas about the cones! Great inspiration!

Hugs,

Carmen L

Debbie said...

this is a marvelous idea and it would make a great treat gift thanks for shairng
upnurse at aol dot com

Marissa said...

Very nice idea! Your bows are very pretty!


rissaflor atyahoo dotcom

tina said...

So pretty. The ribbon is so elegant.

Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

Momof4inArlington said...

I LOVE hot chocolate! Love the ribbons, tags, and tiny bells!
rjtlkmorris1atgmaildotcom

Margaret said...

Love the ribbon. This is gorgeous.

Margaret
mspeppers@windstream.net

Sherrie K. said...

Another AMAZING gift idea and you decorated them just adorable!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Tracy_ScrappinMom said...

Cute idea!

Melissa said...

These are wonderful, love that little tag, need this set!

mzcherub at gmail dot com

marg0006 said...

What a warm and caring gift idea. The ribbon is so pretty too.

marg00006 at verizon dot net

LuvScrappingTogether said...

Such a yummy treat! Love it! ~hugs, Saundra
Luvscrappingtogether at gmail dot com

CraftyRia said...

That's a great gift idea!

Alvina said...

That is a wonderful gift for Christmas, I love the way you decorated and your ribbon is beautiful, thanks for sharing.

alvinadiaz@msn.com
alvinascreations.blogspot.com

alethea said...

These are a great idea!! I've done cookie mix in a jar this year as teachers presents but might have to use these for next year!! HUgsxx

Evelyn said...

Nice idea, love the ribbon for the bows. tfs
Evelyn
evl14512 at gmail.com

Dawn said...

Adorable way to give hot cocoa!
Dawn
DeeGeeScraps at gmail dot com

Deanne Gutierrez said...

Please, please, please, tell me where did you find that ribbon? I love your project by the way :)

Please send me a message about the ribbon or post on my blog: http://deannescraftingadventures.blogspot.com/

Deanne

Donna and Sara said...

These look so yummy, what a great little gift. Love how you embellished them. Great job. teachermom5@gmail.com

Scrappin with the bug said...

Soo perfect - love the cute little idea for the coco.. Now I want some coco.. Too cute.

terri_ski at yahoo dot com

Cynthia Clark said...

So cute. :( don't have a Cameo. They are adorable though.

ajjupiter58@gmail.com

Rose said...

fabulous! never would of thought to do that! very inspiring!
azcreate2002@gmail.com

Mary Jane said...

I was looking for a stocking stuffer idea and this one is perfect!! Thank you!!

stampingl8yatattdotnet

Taylor said...

Really, you are just doing such a FANTASTIC JOB at keep us all so inspired. This is a very cool and easy project idea. LOVE IT!!
Hugz:) Taylor
DevinTaylorCreations@gmail.com
DevinTaylorCreations.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...