Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The "12 Days of Christmas" ~ Day 5 with My Creative Time

Hello everyone!  Welcome back for Day 5 of the "12 Days of Christmas" with My Creative Time!  Today is one of my favorite projects so far!  Technically, it's an easy project, but it did take quite a bit of time to put together.  I hope you like it as much as I do.   :)


I decided to take it up a notch and make something a little different.  This is a 12x12 home decor piece.  To make this beautiful and fun Christmas Tree, I used ONLY the heart die from the My Creative Time ~ 100% Sweetness stamp set.  No, I'm not kidding...just one die!   Of course I had to cut out about a bazillion of those hearts, but doesn't it look great???  

Let's start at the bottom.  The super fun presents are actually from the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Snow Gifts stamp set.  I paper pieced them and added little gems to the center of their bows.  Moving up the tree, you can get a better look at the dimension with all of the hearts.  I used various size of pop dots and alternated layering them to achieve the look.


Ok, so can you imagine the OCD nightmare of this project??? LOL.  To place all the hearts in the right order and then to add all of those little gems to the tree.  Don't even ask me how long that took!!!  LOL.  I know some of you out there have that magical gene where you just "throw stuff together" and it all looks perfect.  Well, somehow - I missed out on that gene!!!  So, yes - this took FOREVER!!!


All of the patterned papers for the tree and the presents and the title came from: the Recollections ~ Sugar Plums collection, the Recollections ~ Holly Day Wishes collection and the Recollections ~ Jolly Holiday collection.  The background piece is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ Heirloom Christmas collection.


The bow for the tree topper is made from the beautiful Celebrate It ~ Ribbon Boutique ribbon.  Isn't it gorgeous?  And in the center, I put a little star gem from my stash.


The "Merry Christmas" title is made with the super terrific My Creative Time ~ Lower Case Fun Dies. They are PERFECT for scrapbook pages!!!


And the holly in the corners is made with the holly stamp in the My Creative Time ~ From Our Family To Yours stamp set.  I cut them out and then added little red gems for the berries.


Just something a little different for you today.  Not as easy as the other projects, but I hope you enjoy it just as much!


HUGE GIVEAWAY ALERT !
Okay, since it's Christmas, Emma decided to give away TWELVE of her FAVORITE things to ONE LUCKY person!  She will announce one of the prizes for each day in her video.  So by the 12th day, you will see ALL 12 items that ONE lucky person will be receiving.  All you have to do is leave your comments each day!  It's that simple!  ALSO, **VERY IMPORTANT** please leave your contact information so we can contact you "IF" you are the lucky winner!

Well my creative friends, that's it for me for Day 5 of the "12 Days of Christmas".  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  I will see you all again tomorrow.

62 comments :

Joan Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joan Smith said...

OMG Cassandra your tree is awesome gosh you sure did one outstanding job with this one holy cow girl you have me in a big ol' state of AWE!!! You have to admit this is way beyond CA-UTE this is up for the Academy Craft award...yep this rates a big I mean a capital WOW!!!

linda said...

HI Love the decor that tree is very nice.
LindaB
top2kop@hotmail.com

Stacy B said...

I love to see people use dies (Or stamps) for things other than their original purpose. Using hearts for the tree is a genius idea! I love how this project turned out. Thanks for sharing. slbuller at fullchannel dot net.

snappy scrappy said...

This is so pretty...and a heck of a lot of work...gorgeous though!!!
Lee-Ann :)
leekubinec@gmail.com

CherylB said...

This is genius! I love it and am def going to give this a try. It is so pretty! What an awesome gift this would be...I'd love to get one, that's for sure!

Diana said...

Oh my...this is amazing! I'm speechless!!

bdcampers@msn.com

alethea said...

This is absolutely beautiful!! Love all the detail!! HUgsxx

Lisa said...

Cassandra, you always amaze me with your creations but you really outdid yourself on this one. Absolutely gorgeous.

jessica said...

Totally awesome Cassandra! You are so creative with all the My Creative Time stamps and dies! Another GREAT project!
TFS
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

Crafting Katie said...

Wow, this is beautiful, Cassandra! So clever to use the hearts for your tree!!!

CathyinMN said...

Love the finished product! I believe you when you say it took a long time -- it would take me a long time, too, so I probably wouldn't even make it. That heart die was the perfect choice -- it worked wonderfully for your tree. TFS!
tcsobotka at charter dot net

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Shut the fornt door!! OOMMGG!! Okay first of all how CLEVER to use the heart dies for the tree ~ BRILLIANT! Then I LOVE how you used 2 different reds for Merry Christmas! I did a double take on that! It totally gave it such a wonderful look! Of course ALLt he details are simply FABULOUS!! I just ADORE this!!! AWESOME job!!!

Christine said...

I just love when a DT member takes a die and turns it into something else wonderful! I love your tree home decor piece. I'm so very inspired to make a xmas home decor piece now. :-) TFS --C

christinescreativecards@gmail.com

CA Scrapper said...

Wow, wow, wow this is so beautiful! It was worth however long it took you to make because it turned out so beautiful!!! Maybe if I start one now, I will be done by next Christmas! :)

Leslie
cascrapper at gmail dot com

Houses Built of Cards said...

WOW!!! You stayed BUSY with that die machine!!! LOVE this! So fun and creative!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcard.blogspot.com

VICTORIA said...

Cassandra what a fantastic idea. Super job girl!!!
:)
Victoria
win_or_lose52@hotmail.com

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

O-M-GEEE! Love, Love, Love! Bravo Girlie! Smooches... frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com

TheTulipCollector said...

Great job my friend! Now you can try quilting!!! I just love how this turned out. Takes me back to the days of paper piecing.

Craft Me This said...

That is one great project. Great idea with the Heart Die. Who would have thought! I guess you. Awesome.


craftmethis@gmail.com

Jannie said...

This is soooooooooooo pretty! You are very talented and what a great idea to use the die like that!!!

Love it

Hugs
Jannie
www.knutselfrutselen.blogspot.com

Diana said...

Cassandra, this is absolutely amazing! All of your OCDing definately paid off! ;) Thanks for sharing your creativity.

cm said...

Stunning card - and certainly well-worth the time you invested! I can see why this is your favour - so far! What else to say, but "I this" (couldn't resist). Thank you for sharing and inspiring.

Kristi said...

This is so neat! It is such a toss up for my love of trees and snowmen for the season! I can imagine how much time it took to do this! WOW!
kidshomelove at yahoo.com

Angel Johns said...

So cute and creative!! Thanks so much for sharing.

Angel
calebsmommy1031@gmail.com

Brenda said...

OMGosh!! I would have never thought you used a heart for the tree!! How clever!!! I so need to make this for some gifts, but it might be for next year now. lol
bsl60 at embarqmail dot com

quilt4fun2 said...

You will be using this project for many years to come...the extra time was worth it. I love how it came out. Looks wonderful! Great job :D
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Sue D said...

What a fantastic tree using the heart die!!
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

SueZee Alg said...

I could see why you went a little crazy with all those die cuts. But so worth it.

Lady Fair said...

This is AWESOME! Love everything about it, from the gifts to the branches to the sentiment! Awesome, awesome, awesome!
lflinesatcomcastdotnet

Patty said...

How clever are you...such a cute tree! Love your decor piece!!

Alvina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy said...

BEAUTIFUL job with your holiday project Cassandra!I LOVE the way you made your tree,just AWESOME my friend!!!:)

Alvina said...

Hi Cassandra, thanks for sharing such a great Christmas Home Decor, I love that Christmas Tree!

alvinadiaz@msn.com
alvinascreations.blogspot.com

Sue said...

What a beautiful tree. Not sure I have enough patience a project like this.

TFS
Sue
shannegan 16 @ att . net

Maureen Reiss said...

This is really cool!! Very creative to use the heart die!!
reissfam10 at aol dot com

Karen B said...

Love your project. You must be an angel to have such patience.

tina said...

Beautiful home decor. Love the frame, too.


Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

Marissa said...

What a great project! I can appreciate all the work that went in it!

rissaflor atyahoo dotcom

Debbie said...

what a great way to "think outside the box" or you could say inside the frame nice thanks for sharing
upnurse at aol dot com

cal8007 said...

I had to look twice at your tree, I thought you used circles and was surprised when you said you had to cut a bazillion hearts, ha!

Great project!

Hugs,

Carmen L
cal8007 at aol dot com

AJ Scrapbooking & Cards said...

OCD or not this is such a beautiful frame. I love the trees and gems. TFS AJ-

AJ Scrapbooking & Cards
jeria22@yahoo.com

Mary said...

Very pretty...guillotma@bellsouth.net

Dorcas Troche said...

I really love this. I would never think to do this. Very nice!! Looks time consuming, though.

Dorcas
dtroche at bellsouth.net

Mindy said...

Wow talk about thinking outside of the box. How do you girls do this! just so creative. Im gonna have to try and start looking at my dies in a different way. Thanks for sharing Mindy1qc@msn.com

Gaylynn said...

Wow, so much detail. Turned out lovely.
http:// blog.NeatThings-Boutique .com
contact @NeatThings-Boutique .com

surfnfroggie said...

Your Tree decor project turned out wonderful. I don't have this heart die, so could you tell me the size of the heart? I really want to make this project. surfnfroggie at aol dot com

Annette Moran said...

Very cute!

Nice piece of artwork :-)

armoran64@gmail.com

Shelly said...

Wow, can we say CREATIVE & AWESOME! What a GREAT idea!
Have a GREAT evening!
Shelly
http://mypaperlove.blogspot.com/

PoJo said...

Love your ideas!

Momof4inArlington said...

What a creative way to use a heart! You certainly put all of your heart into this project...SORRY. I can really sympathize with the OCD! This may have been a time hog, but it's absolutely worth it. You aren't giving it away, and you won't have to replicate it!
rjtlkmorris1atgmaildotcom

Sherrie K. said...

GORGEOUS home decor project! It looks like a lot of time went into this but definitely worth it-it is beautiful!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Tracy_ScrappinMom said...

You are very patient lady, Cassandra. I don't know if I can do this project.

Melissa said...

Beautiful wall decor, gr8t job!

mzcherub at gmail dot com

LuvScrappingTogether said...

OH MY! I love your tree! It looks fabulous! ~hugs, Saundra

Luvscrappingtogether at gmail dot com

CraftyRia said...

What a great tree! Thanks for sharing.

Evelyn said...

What a creative use of the dies. tfs
Evelyn
evl14512 at gmail.com

Dawn said...

I LOVE this tree! SO cute!
Dawn
DeeGeeScraps at gmail dot com

Donna and Sara said...

This really turned out beautiful. I loved all of the extra details you added. Great job. teachermom5@gmail.com

Scrappin with the bug said...

WOW that is so beautiful love the paper on the tree too pretty. GREAT JOB.

terri_ski at yahoo dot com

Mary Jane said...

What a clever way to use this die! I love it!

stampingl8yatattdotnet

Taylor said...

WAY TO GO!! Your time spent was well worth it. Your did such an amazing job and a beautiful color combination. Thank you so much for all of the inspiration!! Can't get enough. Hugz:) Taylor
DevinTaylorCreations@gmail.com
DevinTaylorCreations.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...