Monday, December 10, 2012

The "12 Days of Christmas" ~ Day 10 with My Creative Time

Hello everyone!  I can't believe how fast this time has gone!  It's Day 10 of the "12 Days of Christmas" with My Creative Time.  Today, I decided to do something a little different.  I thought it would be fun to make some surprise money ornaments that you can hide on your tree for your kids.


What do you think?  Just something a little different.  All of the patterned papers for these are from the Recollections ~ Holly Day Wishes collection.  And the Hemp Twine is from Liz's Paper Loft Boutique.


The base of this ornament is cut with the My Creative Time ~ Just Tags die set.  The cute little pocket is from the My Creative Time ~ Fun Pockets stamp/die set.  The little star burst is from the My Creative Time ~ Build A Banner Kit.  And the cute little snowman is from the My Creative Time ~ All Around Christmas stamp set.  I colored him in with Copic ~ Sketch Markers.


The center embellishment for this ornament is made with the My Creative Time ~ Scallop Die.  The star burst is from the My Creative Time ~ Build A Banner Kit.  And the cute little elf feet are from the My Creative Time ~ All Around Christmas stamp set.  I colored them in Copic ~ Sketch Markers.


I think this one is my favorite.  They would be so easy to duplicate.  The base for this ornament is made with My Creative Time ~ XL Label Die & the Stitched XL Label Die.  The pocket is from the My Creative Time ~ Fun Pockets stamp/die set.  The star burst is from the My Creative Time ~ Build A Banner Kit.  And the cute Christmas tree is from the My Creative Time ~ All Around Christmas stamp set.  I colored it in with Copic ~ Sketch Markers and added little dots around the edges with a brown ~ Zig Writer pen.  To make these work the best, you need to add pop dots behind the pocket so the money can slide in easy.


Well, I hope you like them.  I think they would be super fun for your kids to find on Christmas morning!

HUGE GIVEAWAY ALERT !
Okay, since it's Christmas, Emma decided to give away TWELVE of her FAVORITE things to ONE LUCKY person!  She will announce one of the prizes for each day in her video.  So by the 12th day, you will see ALL 12 items that ONE lucky person will be receiving.  All you have to do is leave your comments each day!  It's that simple!  ALSO, **VERY IMPORTANT** please leave your contact information so we can contact you "IF" you are the lucky winner.

Well my creative friends, that's it for me for Day 10 of the "12 Days of Christmas".  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  We're almost done, only 2 days left!  See you all tomorrow.

51 comments :

Joan Smith said...

WOW how stinkin' CA-UTE are your money holders I love it you sure are one creative gal 'cause I've never seen anything like this B4. TFS!!

jessica said...

These are adorable Cassandra! Great mix of MCT stamps and dies! Another GREAT gift idea!
TFS
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

linda said...

HI Great idea good job.
LindaB
top2kop@hotmail.com

snappy scrappy said...

These are so neat...my fav from day 10!Lee-Ann :)
leekubinec@gmail.com

Lin M. said...

Your surprise money ornaments are soooo creative! Thanks for sharing this cool idea!

Lin M.
blue_eyes_in_texas@hotmail.com

Stacy B said...

My kids might knock down the tree if I put these cute little bundles on it. What a great idea though! Thanks for sharing. slbuller at fullchannel dot net.

Crafting Katie said...

OMG, these are just the cutest ways to package money that I have ever seen!!! Seriously, so much fun!!!

Cathryn said...

Very creative Cassandra! Great idea to use the pocket die! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

SueZee Alg said...

So cute. I love receiving money, but it is so nice when you can create a such a neat presentation.

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

These are really cute and such fun gifts. Bravo, Girlfriend! Smooches... frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com

TheTulipCollector said...

These are super cute! I love the little pocket on the tag.

Anonymous said...

very cute i love them. i think i will make some too!!
valerie
varguelles50@att.net

Alvina said...

Wow, this is great, thanks for the idea, I love your ornaments!!

alvinadiaz@msn.com
alvinascreations.blogspot.com

Houses Built of Cards said...

So cute! What fun ways to use those pocket dies! LOVE it!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Lala's world said...

These money holders are just cute. Great job.

ghost231985@yahoo.com

Carrie K said...

How super cute!! I know my kids would LOVE to find these on the tree!!!
Carrie
carriedan1 at live dot com

Anonymous said...

Very cute money holders. Thank you for sharing,
Michelle
tanner9868@gmail.com

Maureen Reiss said...

Love your money holders!! The fan one is soooo cute!!
reissfam10 at aol dot com

Sue D said...

What a fun way to receive money!
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

CA Scrapper said...

These are so cute, your kids are going to love them!!

Leslie
cascrapper at gmail dot com

cm said...

Cassandra, I'm absolutely smitten with these sweet money ornaments. You've showcased Emma's products wonderfully and given me inspiration to create similar 'gifts' of my own. Thank you for sharing!!

Patty said...

Great idea...specially love the fan!! Very cute!

Kristi said...

I think this idea is totally awesome! The use of MCT products is so cool. I love how all the elements all just go together.
kidshomelove at yahoo.com

CathyinMN said...

I haven't seen this idea before -- so cute! TFS!
tcsobotka at charter dot net

Diana said...

These are absolutely adorable! love everything about them!

bdcampers@msn.com

quilt4fun2 said...

Great cash or gift card ornament holders. I like the rosette...oh my they are all so pretty. Great job and ideas!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

PoJo said...

Great ideas! Thanks!
ptucker6 at cox dot net

Cindy said...

SUPER cute little money holders Cassandra!I LOVE this idea,they look soooo COOL!!!:)

Gaylynn said...

Terrific money ornaments. The fan is amazing.
http:// blog.NeatThings-Boutique .com
contact@ NeatThings-Boutique dot com

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Eek!! OMG ~ how flippin CREATIVE and CLEVER are you!! You know I am always in AWE what you do with money and your projects!! So CLEVER!!!!! I just LOVE that you used the pocket dies for these too!!! FABULOUS job as always!!!

Momof4inArlington said...

What fantastic ideas! These would be fairly quick to put together, the kids would love them, and they can be used over and over again!
rjtlkmorris1atgmaildotcom

Mindy said...

What a cool gift. This would be great for a lot of different people so you not just handing them money. Great project thanks so much for sharing. Mindy1qc@msn.com

Mimi said...

GREAT idea for cash cards! Love this! Thank you for the inspiration!

mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com

Sue said...

Super Cute money ornaments. Love them all.

TFS
Sue
shannegan 16 @ att . net

shanry said...

Very creative. Love it! TFS it with all of us.
Shanryx2@yahoo.com

Debbie said...

what an inventive idea love it thanks
upnurse at aol dot com

Karen B said...

Wow! This is different but oh so nice. Really neat idea.

liz at liz's paper loft said...

cassandra, these are fabulous! and such a great idea!!!

Nancy said...


WOW Cassandra!! These are fabulous! I love this idea!!! Very different but awesome! I want to try these! Great job! hugs

tina said...

Wonderful money holder ornaments!

Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

Marissa said...

Wow! My nieces and nephews would love finding money in their ornaments! I love them - GREAT job!

rissaflor atyahoo dotcom

~ Lori ~ said...

The money "rosette" is CRAZY CLEVER! I love it! What a creative way to give good old cash!

alethea said...

Wow, what a fabulous idea these are!! Have never thought to do that!! Somethig to think about for next year!! HUgsxx

VICTORIA said...

Love your money holders :)
Victoria
win_or_lose52@hotmail.com

Donna and Sara said...

Super cute money holders and ornament. Such cute little details. Great job. teachermom5@gmail.com

Melissa said...

Love your creations, you did an amazing job!

mzcherub at gmail dot com

Dorcas Troche said...

I love the little pockets! This is one of my favorite sets on my wish list. Who am I kidding? I need everything!!!

Dorcas

Evelyn said...

I like the use of the pocket die. great creations. tfs
Evelyn
evl14512 at gmail.com

marg0006 said...

Great looking money holder tags.

marg0006 at verizon dot net

Scrappin with the bug said...

Too cute. Love the little "rosette" as the money. THe pocket is perfect. Great job.

terri_ski at yahoo dot com

D- said...

These are so cute. TFS.
dmcardmaker (AOL)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...