Sunday, December 16, 2012

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge #47

Hello everyone!  I've been so busy lately that I haven't had a chance to participate in any of the PKS Challenges, but I absolutely couldn't skip this one.  It's time for the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge #47 : Sketch Challenge - HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATHY!!!  Kathy is the creative genius behind all of the super cute Peachy Keen Stamps and this weekend was her birthday.  So the challenge this time is focused on sending Kathy - Happy Birthday wishes.

The guidelines for this challenge:  Create a card or a layout based on the sketch provided.  Design must be new and created specifically for this challenge and must include Peachy Keens Stamps to win.

Here is the sketch:


And here is my card for Kathy:


The white and the black cardstock are from Paper Trey Ink. The solid yellow cardstock is from Recollections.  The background squares are stamped with the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Celebrations background stamp and the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ What Time Is It? background stamp.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


This super cute flower is cut with the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Funny Flowers set (this is a Cottage Cutz stamp/die set). The patterned paper for the flower and leaf are from Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints.  For the cutie patootie face, I used some chalk for cheeks, a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen for accents and Copic ~ Sketch Markers for the nose and mouth.  In order to give the flower some dimension, I snipped apart the flower petals so that I could curl them.  I also inked the edges with charcoal ~ Colorbox Ink to help it stand out a little.  I put pop dots behind the flower for even more dimension.  I added a little birthday candle sticker to the leaf for some birthday love. And the bow is tied with The Twinery ~ Charcoal twine.  I added a little yellow button and black gem to the center.


On the inside, I stamped this with the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Lucy's ABC's and 123's stamp set.  If you don't have this set yet...it's AWESOME and definitely a MUST HAVE!!!


Well my creative friends, that's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge Blog to see all the other entries.  And leave Kathy some Happy Birthday love!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS KATHY!!!! Thank You for all you do!!!

11 comments :

Crafting Katie said...

What a sweet card! That sunflower just makes me smile!

sweetpeaemmalou said...

So cheerful! Darling flower!

Houses Built of Cards said...

This is so cute Cassandra! LOVE the color scheme! So glad you joined us this week wishing the Peachy Queen Happy Birthday!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Love the black n white, makes the yellow flower POP. Also like how you 'dusted' the flower with black. Great job. --C

Elise said...

This is really cute!

Diana said...

Your card makes me smile! It's so happy!! TFS!

Kim Score said...

this is so sweet with the little candle on the leaf!

Cindy said...

WOW Cassandra,your card for Kathy's birthday is just BEAUTIFUL!I LOVE the pretty yellow flower and the great background you made,SUPER SUPER job my sweet friend!!!:)

Melissa said...

What a fun card Cassandra. Yellow is one of my favorite colors. Thanks for joining the PKS Challenge this week.

Nikki the *scrappinNavyWife* said...

HOLY MOLY!!!!!! This so totally rocks!!! I LOVES me some yellow! So bright and cheery...LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PeachyKeen ;)

♥ Nikki ♥

Crafty Moni said...

So cute! Love the colors and the way you made your background paper:)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...