Thursday, October 11, 2012

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Oct. Release

Hello everyone!  I'm back today with my entry for Challenge #2 ~ "Backgrounds" on the Peachy Keen Connection. The guidelines for this challenge:  Make any project you would like and use your PKS background stamps or make a background using PKS stamps.

Here is my entry:


All of the different colors of cardstock are from Recollections. The background is created using the PKS ~ Candy Background stamp.  If you look closely, you can see that I colored in the candy corns using Zig Markers.  Even though there are lots of different candies in this background stamp, I only colored in the candy corns to make my fun little candy corn guy stand out a little better.  :)


These cute little candy corns are created with the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Candy Monsters.  This set is a Cottage Cutz set which includes both the stamps and dies.  I angled the little guy in different directions - hopefully to look like he is doing a "flip" ---- as the "trick".  Get it???  Hopefully it's not too corny!!! Ok...now I'm cracking myself up!  Corny...get it?  Candy Corn!!! LOL    ;)

For the sentiment, I used the Peachy Keens Stamps ~ Spider and Web stamp set.  For the "?" I used a stamp from the My Creative Time ~ Just Simply Live stamp set. The button is from my stash.  And the hemp twine is from Liz's Paper Loft Boutique.


That's it.  Another quick and easy project.  When you have the right products - it can be easy AND fun!  Have a great day everyone!  I will see you all again soon.

And don't forget ~ today over at My Creative Time there is a new Designer Challenge.


So hop on over there and check it out!  You will have two weeks to link up your project.  I can't wait to see what you all make!

11 comments :

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Super cute card, love how you did the background and how you positioned the candy corn!
Kristan

snappy scrappy said...

Too cute...love the cartwheeling candy corn! Lee-Ann :)

liz at liz's paper loft said...

oh they are like mexican jumping bean! sooo cute!

Glora said...

SO flippin' cute! I LOVE how you colored only the candy corns. I totally noticed that right off and thought if was total genius. I don't have this set and you are making me think I need it - LOL. Enabling works both ways ;). Hugs- Glora

quilt4fun2 said...

Your background looks wonderful and what a great idea to have the cutest candy ever doing flips! :D
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Brenda said...

so so cute! this is my FAVORITE candy this time of year...and the faces on these little guys makes me feel a little guilty!! thanks

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Okay this is just way too CUUUUTE!!! Okay I LOVE that little die and that background ~ OMG!! What a clever a perfect way to highlight the bigger candy corn!! Seriously LOVE it!!

Christine said...

love those candy corn faces. The little tooth cracks me up. --C

EydieG said...

Love your candy corn guy!

Shelly said...

Oh how cuuuute! What an adorable card!
Have a super day
Shelly

Cindy said...

OMG your card is soooo STINKIN' CUTE!SUPER SUPER job:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...