Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge #41

Hello everyone!  And HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!  It's time for the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge #41 : 3D Wall Art. The guidelines for this challenge:  Create a 3D-Wall Art project. Design must be new and must include Peachy Keen Stamps to win.

More Disneyland fun...


This is a simple $1 wood frame from Michaels that I just painted with some black acrylic paint.  Super quick and easy!


All of the cute little pumpkins are cut with the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Pumpkin Trio stamp & die set.  Their faces are from that set as well as the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Pumpkin Faces stamp set.  The cardstock for the pumpkins, their stems and the sign are from my scraps pile.


I chalked up all the pumpkins for more of a distressed look. And I used a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll Pen for the eyes.


The little curlies on the pumpkins are made with The Twinery ~ Peapod, Seaweed & Honeydew Twine.  To make them so cute and curly, I used a technique I just learned from Debbie in her Friday Tip of the Day that you can see here.  I also used various sizes of pop dots behind the pumpkins for dimension.  


The sign is cut from the Create a Critter 2 ~ Cricut Cartridge.  I used a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll Pen and a black ~ Zig Writer Pen for the distress marks.  I used pop dots for this as well for more dimension.


And the super cool spider ribbon is from Michaels.  Want to hear something funny?  I looked and looked at more than one store to find this ribbon on a roll, but no luck.  So at one of the Michaels, they had this gigantic bow - you know, the ones they sell in the floral department?  Well, even though it was a bazillion dollars...I bought it!!!  LOL  I just had to have that ribbon!!  Isn't it the coolest??


Well, that's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to the Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Challenge Blog to see the rest of the entries.  And have a happy and safe Halloween everyone! See you all again soon.

Oh, and don't forget - it's "3D Wednesday" over at My Creative Time.


So head on over there to check out what the Design Team has created.

16 comments :

snappy scrappy said...

So cute! Lee-Ann :)

Christine said...

Great job on all the pumpkin faces. Love it. --C

Glora said...

This is PERFECT. I LOVE all the darling faces on the pumpkins and well Disneyland I LOVE that too. Awesome job and I can see why you couldn't resist that ribbon :). Hugs- Glora

Lorie said...

Super duper cute frame, Cassandra! Thanks so much for joining us for the PKS Challenge this week!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

this is too stinkin' cute Cassandra!

Melissa said...

What a fun pile of pumpkins! Great job Cassandra-

Candice S said...

Great idea with your frame! The pumpkin patch is wonderful & that ribbon is to die for:) TFS!

Cindy :) said...

totally love that ribbon, cute patch of pumpkins, great frame, love it :)

Blue Moon Creation by Thia said...

Very nice wall art! And I learned something new too! (Going to use that idea for the twine to try and make words...but will def be using it for the curls! Thx!

Kim said...

Very cute frame, and lol funny on using a cheapy frame but spending a bazillion $ on the bow! That's how I am if I just have to use a certain embellie 'cuz it's EXACTLY the right thing! LOL!

Linda V said...

That ribbon is perfect. I can relate to what you did to get it!! You and your sister look so cute in that frame! Love it!!

UnikeByYes said...

Love it !! I got a few frames in my stack you just gave me a perfect reason to get them out, if I start now maybe they will be done by next halloween LOL! TFS
Have a great day Cassandra!
Liz

Amanda said...

Oh my, what a super fun photo frame!!! I love all the adorable jack-o-lanterns.. Thanks for joining us at Peachy Keen Stamps..

Scrappy Hugs,
Amanda :0)

Cindy :) said...

hey Cassandra, ty so much for the love you left on my banner, I have my fingers and toes crossed, lol making top peach is on my bucket list, lmbo

Cindy said...

SUPER SUPER CUTE frame Cassadra!!!I LOVE all the cute little pumpkins and your pic is TOO CUTE,Have a GREAT weekend my sweet friend!!!:)

Cory said...

Cassandra,
What an ADORABLE frame! Love it!
Thanks for sharing~
Cory

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...