Monday, October 29, 2012

My Creative Time ~ "Scrappy Monday"

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "Scrappy Monday" with My Creative Time.  And the twist for today is that we are making "ABC" layouts.  This means that we are choosing any letter of the alphabet and then including items that start with that letter on our layout.  

Of course, I just had to choose the letter "C" !!!  This is a Christmas layout, with lots of Circles, Christmas Colored Cardstock (red & green...ok, I know that's cheating lol) and Candy Cane Colored Twine.  How's that for a bunch of "Cs"?   :)


Ok, if I've never shared this before, one of my most favorite things in the whole wide world...is going to Disneyland!!!  These are some fun Christmas pictures from 2010.


The green polka dot paper is from the Doodlebug Design ~ Petite Prints collection.  The red cardstock is from Recollections.  And the light green patterned paper is from the Recollections ~ Christmas & Winter Stack.  The pictures are all cut out with circle punches.


The "Magical Holiday" sentiment is from the My Creative Time ~ It's A Magical Season stamp set.  The minute I saw this sentiment - the first thing I thought of was Disneyland and I just couldn't wait to do a layout!!!  The "It's a" is also from this set, but on a different stamp.  I taped off the rest of the sentiment so I could just use those two words.  The pretty snowflakes are also from this stamp set.  If you look closely, you can see that I added some tiny Recollections ~ Pearls to the centers of each snowflake.


Now, I know that these Mickey ornaments are just the cutest thing EVER!!!  But, I can't take credit for creating them.  My fellow Design Team Member ~ Glora (who is also a Disney fanatic) created these.  You can see her original design here. They are made using the round ornament die from the My Creative Time ~ Warm Holiday Fun stamp set and the little stitched circle die from the My Creative Time ~ Build A Banner Kit.  The pretty embossed snowflake cardstock is from the Recollections ~ Sugar Plums Stack.  The twine for the bows is The Twinery ~ Maraschino twine.  I used pop dots behind the ornaments for some nice dimension.


All the way across the bottom of both pages I stamped the word "Believe" from the My Creative Time ~ It's A Magical Season stamp set.  It's the perfect fit for the Happiest Place on Earth!!  Do you believe?   ;)


I'm not sure if you can see it, but I dotted the "i" with tiny Recollections ~ Pearls.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


Well, I know it's not even Halloween yet, LOL, but I hope you like my Christmas Disney layout.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  Have a great day everyone!  I will see you all again soon.

13 comments :

Cindy said...

So cute!! I love the Mickey Ornaments and the circle photos!!
Cindy

snappy scrappy said...

Fabulous LO...love the ornaments...love the character pics! Lee-Ann :)

CherylB said...

This is great! Love the circle pics, love the snowflakes with the pearls, love the Mickey ornaments....love it all! Great job, thanks for sharing.

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ I didn't know you liked anything Disney! LOL!! Well let me just say this is ADORABLE!!! I think the candy cane twine, the circles, Christmas cardstock and of course the sentiments ( TOTALLY thought the same thing when I saw this sentiment) and of course the Mickey die cuts are ADORABLE!! What a "C"UTE couple! You guys look like you had a BLAST!!! AWESOME layout as usual!!! Great job!!!

Joan Smith said...

WOW what a great LO I really like your intro for the letter "C" you are a hoot!! Your LO is so fun and I love how you used the silhouette of Mickey very creative. You are truy a good scrapper.

Glora said...

Well I think you know HOW much I LOVE this layout. Aw the magic of DISNEY! I love how you added the "It's a" to the sentiment. SO PERFECT, you are SO good at that. And your Mickey ornaments turned out perfect (thanks for the shout out). I also just love those little pearls in the snowflakes. How awesome. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this layout! Hugs- Glora

Linda V said...

Great LO. It all works!! Someday we may hit the Big D together and then it will surely be the Happiest Place on Earth!! Super cute.

Shar said...

Love this, Cassandra!!! Your "C" page is great. I love how you incorporated so many C things that are not necessarily immediate standouts (candy cane colored twine for example). Fabulous job!

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh Cassandra,your layouts are sooo SUPER fun and BEAUTIFUL!GREAT job with all the AWESOME details and I LOVE the pics,SUPER SUPER cute layouts!Have a great day my friend!!!:)

Kate said...

WOW Seriously Beautiful LO. love it.

quilt4fun2 said...

Beautiful job on your Disney layout. I like your pearl bling added and how you did the mouse circles. Don't know how you keep track of where you have seen everything. Even my notes don't help a lot (too many). Great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

liz at liz's paper loft said...

how cute Cassandra! I love anything disney!

Quinceyface said...

I am so glad to have found you Casandra. I subscribe to Joy's obsessed with Scrapbooking and saw you as the guest designer. I am happy you do scrapbook pages as so many talented designers and blogs are beautiful cards but I SCRAPBOOK and only make cards as needed. A birthday, anniversary or holidays. What do all the card makers do with all those thinking of you cards? Thousands....!!! Anyway the disney Christmas layout is unique clever and very creative. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...