Monday, October 8, 2012

MCT ~ "Scrapping the Little Things!"

Hello everyone!  I'm back today with another fun segment of "Scrapping the Little Things!" with My Creative Time.


For those of you who are new to this, it's when we create either "Project Life" or "Smash Book" layouts.  It's all about getting it done fast, but still preserving life's little moments. Although for me, creating these layouts doesn't seem to be any faster than regular layouts...LOL!  Must be my OCD getting in the way again.   ;)

Many of you know that I just returned from Circle Mania in Atlanta.  It was so fun and so good to see all of the friends I have made from across the country, that I decided to do a Smash Book layout about the wonderful ladies of the Cricut Circle.


All of the states are cut with the 50 States ~ Cricut Cartridge.  The black and kraft cardstock are from Recollections.  To pin point the locations of where our Circle Meet-Ups were, I cut out some little Cricut Heads out of the the small Cricut Rewards certificates.  (I got that idea from ScrapHappyDeb in Atlanta.  She used the larger Cricut Rewards certificates to make some beautiful charms.  Thanks Deb!).  And these are only JUST A FEW of the many photos I have collected of some of the most special, funny and super talented ladies that I have met from across the globe.


The "Cricut" is cut with the Cricut Everyday ~ Cricut Cartridge.  The polka dot patterned paper is from LilyBeeDesign.  I popped it up with some pop dots, as well as all of the states for extra dimension.  For the names of all the states, I used the My Creative Time ~ Anyday BINGO & Crossword stamp set.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


For the border around both pages, I used the letter stamps from the My Creative Time ~ Just Simply Live stamp set.  I figured the words "Fun, Friendship, Laughter, Creativity & Inspiration" described all of these events perfectly.  For the little heart in between each of the words, I used the little heart stamp in the My Creative Time ~ Happy Mail stamp set.  The ink is green ~ Technique Tuesday Ink.  The Cricut Circle Head is cut from the Cricut Everyday ~ Cricut Cartridge.  The little banner underneath is cut with the die from the My Creative Time ~ Just Simply Live stamp set.


I joined the Cricut Circle back when it very first started in order to meet some people that shared a passion for crafting and also loved the Cricut like I do.  Little did I know that I would meet such amazing people!!!  THANKS FOR ALL THE MEMORIES LADIES!!!!!  :)

Well, that's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. I will see you all again tomorrow.  Have a great day everyone!

14 comments :

Leanne said...

How COOL is this!!! Love how you used this different states and Emma's stamps around as a boarder!! I would love to get to travel to these Circle events they sound really fun!! Great job! Hugs, Leanne

Crafting Katie said...

I am in love with this, Cassandra! The kraft states with the little Cricut heads are so cute! I just love the border you created with Emma's stamps too! What an awesome way to commemorate a fun trip!

Cathryn said...

This is great Cassandra! Lucky you to be able to visit all of those crops! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

snappy scrappy said...

Totally great LO!! Lee-Ann :)

Linda V said...

You know I love it!! This came together all so perfectly. Great job my friend.

Creative M said...

LOL....Super Cute and Cool!

Glora said...

Wow, SO cool. I had no idea you had gone to all of these. I SO wish we had met at the one in Utah, but hopefully you will be back another time. Beautiful job on your smashbook. I really think I could like a Smashbook if I did it the way you do! Awesome job. Hugs- Glora

Cindy said...

Hi Cassandra,your smashbook is sooo COOL!you did such an AWESOME job with it,you are so Lucky!traveling to these Circle events,Have a SUPER day my friend!!!:)

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

Great Job, Cassandra! Wow your circle certainly gets around...lol Smooches...

quilt4fun2 said...

You have had a few trips and have found a wonderful way to remember them. Clever to put each state with dates and pictures of the friends you met. Great use of MCT stamps too!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ Shut the front door!!! OMG!!! Alright the whole concept just blew my mind!! I LOVE it!! I LOVE the border, the states, the pictures of your friends, the idea of the rewards certificates ~ okay EVERYTHING!! I can't stop loving it!! You know I totally agree with your post!! It takes me just the same time to do something like this as a regular layout!!! But you know I will get better with time ~ i hope!!! Awesome job!!

Nancy said...

Great job Cassandra!!! Love it!!! You will get faster at it promise!!! Dont think about it too much and have fun!

Christine said...

Great idea. And your smash page turned out so darn cute. Glad you had a fun time. --C

liz at liz's paper loft said...

Oh my another great smash book...I don't want to start this, but you've now joined the group that's making me start to turn! lol!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...