Thursday, October 25, 2012

MCT ~ "Desinger's Challenge" : Host - Ruthie

Hello everyone!  It's time for another "Designer's Challenge" over at My Creative Time.  For those of you who are new to this - every other Thursday, one of the members of the MCT ~ Design Team will host a challenge.  


This time the host is Miss Ruthie.  And her challenge is:  Make a large decorative tag.  The tag needs to measure at least 4x6, but it can be larger if you want.  And it can be any shape.

Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I decided to make this special tag for someone I know who has recently battled breast cancer:


The tag is cut from the Art Philosophy ~ Cricut Cartridge. I cut it out first in chipboard for strength and then with the cardstock.  The cardstock for the middle ribbon is from the Bo Bunny ~ Double Dots collection.  All the other patterned papers are from the Me And My Big Ideas ~ Breast Cancer Support Collection.


I stamped all of the ribbons with the large ribbon stamp in the My Creative Time ~ Race For A Cure stamp set.  I hand cut them out and then popped them up with pop dots for dimension.


To make the flowers in the center of each ribbon, I used the My Creative Time ~ Rolled Flower Dies.  In the middle of each flower is a pink Queen & Co. ~ Twinkle Goosebump.


The "I'm a Survivor!" sentiment and each of the other words are from the My Creative Time ~ Race For A Cure stamp set.  The ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


I added some pink ~ Doodlebug Design gems in the corners. And I threaded the tag with some fabulous pink gingham ~ Celebrate It : 360 ribbon.


I just love how it turned out!!!  Here is a look at the Race For A Cure stamp set.  It's a perfect addition to your collection, especially since it seems we all know someone who has been affected by this horrible disease.


That's it for me today.  Make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  And don't forget to join in on the Designer's Challenge.  You have two weeks to link up your project.  I can't wait to see what you all make!!!  Have a great day.  I will see you again soon.

11 comments :

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ This is just PERFECTION for so many reason! A plus on the the idea!! I just LOVe that you used this stamp set and made something so GORGEOUS out of such an ugly disease!!! The cut/ shape is PERFECT along with your details and flowers!!! Oh you used my FAVORITE ribbon ~ gingham!!! Awesome job!!!

Jeanne said...

What a gorgeous decorative tag! I love the way you added the stamps to each of the ribbons! And the checkered ribbon is beautiful! :)

Linda V said...

All too often we need a tag like this as someone we care about is handed their map for a pink journey. Nice job my friend.

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous!! Lee-Ann :)

Glora said...

You are just the sweetest. Your friend is going to really appreciate this. It turned out BEAUTIFUL. I love the rosettes you added too. Awesome job. Hugs- Glora

Cathryn said...

Very nice Cassandra, the flower middles are really nice! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

quilt4fun2 said...

The papers are perfect for this project. Your roses are beautiful with the Twinkle Goosebumps and the little bling in the corners are just enough to not take away from the papers. Great job on such a wonderful project.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Crafting Katie said...

This is absolutely beautiful and so special, Cassandra! Your friend will love it! I'm loving the pink ribbon paper!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

love this cassandra, and so will she!

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Hi Cassandra!

You tag is beautiful and your friend is going to love it!

Ruthie :)

Cindy said...

GORGEOUS job with your tag Cassandra!Your friend will love it,Just BEAUTIFUL!!!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...