Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Sept. Release

Hello everyone!  I mentioned yesterday that Peachy Keen Stamps had their September Stamp Release last week. And over at the Peachy Keen Connection they had a couple of fun challenges.  So today I have my card for Challenge #2 ~ Sketch Challenge.  The guidelines for this challenge:  You can make anything you would like as long as it follows the basic elements of the sketch and includes Peachy Keen Stamps.

Here is the sketch:


And here is my card:


The card base, the orange cardstock and the grey cardstock are from Recollections.  The striped patterned paper is from the Die Cuts With A View ~ The Bella Armoire stack.  The pretty ribbon accent is made with 3 different ribbons: black ~ Celebrate It : Occasions Tulle, orange ~ Celebrate It : 360 ribbon and purple ~ Sheer Creations ribbon.  And in the upper corners, I added some purple gems from my stash.


I used the My Creative Time ~ XL Label Die to cut the opening.  Then on the inside, I used the Haunted House stamp from the brand new Peachy Keen Stamps ~ September 2012 : Kit of the Month.  I used yellow and green ~ Prismacolor Pencils to color in the house.  And then around the outside of the house I used some black chalk, with purple chalk accents in the top half and green chalk accents in the bottom half.  I thought it gave it an eerie look.  And if you look closely, I used a white ~ Sakura Gelly Roll pen to add some little eyes to the ghost in the doorway.  Cute!  :)


That's it for today.  I love how spooky it looks!!! What do you think?  Have a great day everyone! 

And don't forget ~ Today is "Show Me Your Technique" over at My Creative Time.  Let's hop on over there and learn something new!!!


See you all tomorrow!

7 comments :

snappy scrappy said...

Great Halloween card! Lee-Ann :)

LindaV said...

I love this. Looks like a picture hanging on a wall in the Haunted Mansion.

Hrvatica said...

Terrific card. Very spooky looking. I love it.

Cindy said...

AWESOME looking card!the color combo is perfect!!!:)

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ OMG! This is so SPOOKTACULAR!!!! Okay I would have never thought (serious here) to flip the background paper! LOVE how you did the background around the haunted house on the XL label!!! Of course I LOVE your bow!! GREAT card!!!!

quilt4fun2 said...

Everything looks great! I liked the 3 ribbons effect and the little eyes in the ghost are perfect...they stand out very well and almost glow.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Christine said...

This turned out great. I like the multi colored ribbon too. --C

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...