Monday, September 3, 2012

MCT ~ "Scrapping the Little Things!"

Hello everyone!  Today, Emma with My Creative Time has created another fun new segment called "Scrapping the Little Things!"  


For all of you who are familiar with "Project Life" and/or "Smash Books" - then this is for you!!!  It's all about getting it done and preserving life's little moments.  If any of you are like me, then you may often get all caught up in making the "perfect" layout.  Well, it's time we stop that and have some fun!!!  So I chose to embark on my very first Smash Book.


I purchased mine at Michaels.  They have several different colors and each color has it's own theme.  So just be sure to look through them to find the style that best matches what you are looking for.  I have decided to make this a book about my "favorite memories".  So hopefully in the weeks to come, you will get to see some fun stuff.  :)

Here is my very first Smash Book layout:


For those of you who know me, you are going to think this is SUPER funny.  But for those of you who don't . . . let me explain. I have always been a picky eater.  And I don't just mean I don't like this or that.  I mean super, duper picky!!!  The most picky ever!!!  And last year some time, I was watching a Dr. Oz episode in which he talked about something he called "Super Taste Buds".  I'm so not kidding!!!  He said people with Super Taste Buds have way more taste buds than the average person and therefore are extremely sensitive to many foods - in particular vegetables.  Well that explains it of course!  I told everyone I know that I now have a condition known as "Super Taste Buds" and that it is a very real condition, because Dr. Oz said so!  LOL  

Anyway, these are some super funny pictures of a dinner I was having with my sister and my BFF and they got me to try something "new" which is pretty much unheard of with me.  My sister snapped these photos of the event.  It's one of my funniest memories ever and I just love these photos.  I hope you enjoy them too.



All of the bright and fun patterned papers are from the Recollections ~ Bold Basics stack.  The tan colored paper for all the labels is also from Recollections.  And the white paper for the little circles is Georgia Pacific.  All the ink is black ~ Ranger Archival Ink.


One of my new favorites - the Polaroid Die and the Tag Die are from the My Creative Time ~ Just Simply Live stamp set.  The polka dot arrow is also from this stamp set.  The little letters that I used to create all my personalized statements are from the fabulous alphabet that's also include in this set as well. The larger alphabet that I used to create "World's Pickiest Eater" is from the My Creative Time ~ Anyday BINGO & Crossword stamp set.


The little white circles are cut with the small circle die in the My Creative Time ~ Build A Banner Kit.  And the numbers I used to stamp on them are from the My Creative Time ~ All Around Birthday Time stamp set.


If you look closely, you can see that I used some pop dots behind all the little circles numbering the photos and a few of the tags.  I also cut a few of the tags in half to fit the size of the sentiment.


This is one of my most favorite photos of myself!  We were all laughing so hard.  And my sister snapped this photo at the perfect time.  It was so good to get back to my All American Cheeseburger!!!  YUM!!!  Hey, at least I tried something new right???  ;)


Well, that's my first Smash Book layout.  It's not as "Smashy" as I think it's supposed to be, but I sure had fun doing it!  Can't wait to work on more.  Now make sure you head on over to My Creative Time to see what the rest of the Design Team has created.  Have a great Labor Day everyone!  See you all again soon.  :)

11 comments :

Kim H said...

Cassandra ~ OMG! Not only did your post crack me up but these pictures are just CLASSIC!!! I LOVE your BFF and sister for capturing this event! You did a SMASHING awesome job!!! And I also mean that for at least trying something new too! OMG ~ Dr. Oz is the BEST too! I would LVOE to have a complete evaluation from him! He would be mortified by me! LOL!!!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

love your book!!! you are so brave to let someone take pictures of that! just awesome!

LindaV said...

This is hilarious! Not only do I know your eating habits, you belong in the same club as our son. Pediatrician said it was a phase and that was 30 years ago. No fruits and veggies for him either and he is marrying a Vegan!!! I love your Smashbook and maybe that is what we can work on at Mania!! All I've done is buy the books!!

Cindy said...

FANTASTIC job with your Smash Books Cassandra!Great pics my friend,you are so AWESOME!!!:)

Nancy said...

You know I LOVE smashing!! This is awesome Cassandra!!! You are going to be hooked!!!! Love all the pictures and how perfect is the die with smashing!!! Great job!! hugs

Jeanne said...

I LOVE this!! I have definitely got to check out these Smashbooks the next time I'm in Utah! Oh and I love Dr. OZ. So if he mentioned that about your "super" taste buds...he must be right! :)

Glora said...

Hilarious! I LOVE this. What a fun thing to document. And I love the way you did this. Numbering everything and using the letters to make the words you needed. This is what I call my kind of Smashbooking. I could handle doing something like this. Hugs- Glora

Gina said...

These are so awesome! Great hysterical pics!

Christine said...

Ha! This is the best! LOL Candid pics like these can't be beat. And they definitely make great memories. Love the smash book. Not sure if I'll ever make one. TFS --C

quilt4fun2 said...

What a cute memory and job on your layout pages. I am not a picky eater and chicken is my favorite! I like how you used the frame cuts to frame pictures 6.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

This turned out Great Girl! Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the pages. I have some Smashbooks to, but have yet to brave them out yet. I'm such a hoarder...lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...